Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Office - Season 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This week Timothy Olyphant will guest star :D

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Office S7 has been pretty good so far. More Andy please. Brilliant character, very well played.

Andy and Erin storyline is going to be funny. I also think a Holly return is deffo on the cards, and Steve Carrells last episode at the end of the Season will be his "happily-ever-after", but it will be a very small deal akin to David Brent's "F&^k off" to Finchy in the original.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    This week Timothy Olyphant will guest star :D

He guest stars in both this week and next week episodes, and rumour has it,
    his character was so well received and he enjoyed it so much that he will return closer to the season finale for a few more episodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lockie1983 wrote: »
    He guest stars in both this week and next week episodes, and rumour has it, his character was so well received and he enjoyed it so much that he will return closer to the season finale for a few more episodes!

I think he is playing
    an ex bf of Pam

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea he's playing
    a sales Rep for Dunder Mifflin, who used to date Pam, can't wait to see how that plays out for Jim and Pam, who's characters have gotten a bit stale lately!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I know the office is ѕhite now but still, use spoiler tags!

I've been rewatching the older seasons of the Office and Season 7 is pretty terrible in comparison so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i'm sick of jim and pam wish they were going instead of michael

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Watching ep 5 The Sting way below average.

Seems very odd to have a pretty Religious-centric episode really. Also there could have been some really interesting developments with regards to Toby - especially when he was in front of the stained glass asking why they were so mean to him.

Jim and Pam are taking over the show and it is not a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

basquille wrote: »
    The opening was the only enjoyable bit for me..! :(

Yeah me too.

Came on here to see what people opinions were as i loved this show so so much.

But i have found myself only liking 1 out the 7 of this seasons.

The costume contest episode 6 was funny but the rest were awful IMO.

Ryan's character is so poor now & he writes the show too which makes it worse.

The Office has lost its way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I actually thought the episode this week was quite funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

"Spinal Chord".

Last few have been quite good, back on form anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Agree, ep 8 was one of the better ones this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Very funny episode.

I still love Erin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Just watched the christening episode and it was the worst ever episode I have ever watched. Even the poor episodes have been watchable but that was the worst I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Very funny episode.

I still love Erin.
    haha yeah that part with her and Michael fighting like they were father and daughter was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

OisinT wrote: »
    I actually thought the episode this week was quite funny.

Yeah agree one of the better ones last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

This season has been a massive let down so far.
    WTF was up with that christening episode!?

The Pam and Jim storyline is stale, and the writers pathetic attempt to re hash the same story arc with Erin and Andy is just plain lazy.

I'm a total Office devotee and take no pleasure in bashing the show but it's becoming a joke. (& not the funny kind!) :(

• Advertisement

This season has been a massive let down so far.
    WTF was up with that christening episode!?

The Pam and Jim storyline is stale, and the writers pathetic attempt to re hash the same story arc with Erin and Andy is just plain lazy.

I'm a total Office devotee and take no pleasure in bashing the show but it's becoming a joke. (& not the funny kind!) :(

I'm also a total Office devotee, and I can admit it has gone downhill but I still enjoy the show for what it is now and I enjoy the secondary characters more than the primary ones these days, Kevin and Creed crack me up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Is HRG from Heroes going to be a regular?

Yakuza wrote: »
    Is HRG from Heroes going to be a regular?

Short answer without giving too much away, No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Ep 9 was pretty awful, I notice that the more eps this season, the less laughs, office is unfortunatley a shadow of its former self, could be to do with the fact that Carrell is leaving at end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gave up on the show finally after the christening episode..

.. haven't watched any since, and don't plan to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

The need to focus more storylines on the 'background characters' and develop new and fresh story arcs out of them.

The webisodes did this to great effect. Just look at 'Kevin's Loan' for example, I was in bits watching that. Him and Darryl in the bank was priceless.
    There's a welt of comic gold going untapped with the likes of Kevin, Creed, Oscar, Stanley, Meredith etc.

Sure even the warehouse characters have potential..
    "In Japan, heart surgeon. Number one. Steady hand" :D

The need to focus more storylines on the 'background characters' and develop new and fresh story arcs out of them.

The webisodes did this to great effect. Just look at 'Kevin's Loan' for example, I was in bits watching that. Him and Darryl in the bank was priceless.
    There's a welt of comic gold going untapped with the likes of Kevin, Creed, Oscar, Stanley, Meredith etc.

Sure even the warehouse characters have potential..
    "In Japan, heart surgeon. Number one. Steady hand" :D

Agree with this 1,000,000%

I'm tired of seeing so much of Jim and Pam, its been done to death now, every angle has been covered, now lets give someone else a chance to shine!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In fairness they did a whole Ryan episode and it was rubbish. They just need to stop making episodes altogether.

In fairness they did a whole Ryan episode and it was rubbish. They just need to stop making episodes altogether.

I dunno I wouldn't mind seeing specials of it or perhaps a shortened season, meaning no more filler episodes and more of their best ideas in the episodes!

• Advertisement

They need to focus much more on Creed. I would love to see a Creed-centric episode.

Advertisement