Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

minty16 wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place I can buy this in Dublin ?

HMV has it for €32, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I got this today and am trying to install it now. It's asking me to insert FM 2009 (which i uninstalled a couple of days ago as i was getting FM 11 today). I found FM 2009 disk and put it in but it's still asking for FM 2009. Why the hell is it doing this?:mad:

EDIT: After trying to unsuccessfully trying to install with Steam , i tried a manual install after deleting a few FM 2009 files that were left behind and i got it installed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I got this today and am trying to install it now. It's asking me to insert FM 2009 (which i uninstalled a couple of days ago as i was getting FM 11 today). I found FM 2009 disk and put it in but it's still asking for FM 2009. Why the hell is it doing this?:mad:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066638&viewfull=1#post6066638

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

buying this after work today and will down load the patch at home- hope it goes smoothly- never used any pathces before so lets hope it oges smoothly-

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

stupid follow on question... can I download the patch while waiting for the game to arrive in the post or does the game need to be on the system first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ding Dong wrote: »
    stupid follow on question... can I download the patch while waiting for the game to arrive in the post or does the game need to be on the system first?

It normally makes changes/patches files that exist so if it's not installed there's eh nothing to patch :)

Buying this from Game. Just wondering does it install to Steam and does it auto patch?
    Ding Dong wrote: »

You can download it before you buy it. Then just install the game and add the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Right lads I'm just after buying the game from xtra-vision and I'm installing now but I have one question.

It's asking me to choose which way to install via steam or offline way. Bare in mind I will be in college during the weeks when I play it and the internet is so ****e where I am living. So would I need the internet during the week if I were to install it via steam or should I just install via offline method?

Cheers guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Finical wrote: »
    Right lads I'm just after buying the game from xtra-vision and I'm installing now but I have one question.

It's asking me to choose which way to install via steam or offline way. Bare in mind I will be in college during the weeks when I play it and the internet is so ****e where I am living. So would I need the internet during the week if I were to install it via steam or should I just install via offline method?

Cheers guys.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-AGCB-2555

i'd say offline mode would be best for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Cheers guys.

How much was it in Xtravision?

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    How much was it in Xtravision?
    €35

€35

Would have gotten it there too, good price but my local XtraGAYvision are so useless they never get new releases in untill 2 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Might have to ask as well. My local didn't have them out on shelves and I asked at the counter and he said they have them in the back.

HMV were selling for 33 euro. Unfortunately i'd already purchased a copy from Game for 40 when i saw it. I'd always assumed HMV stocked only console games.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭CSF

HMV were selling for 33 euro. Unfortunately i'd already purchased a copy from Game for 40 when i saw it. I'd always assumed HMV stocked only console games.:(
    Yeah I checked both Gamestop and HMV and there was a 12 euro difference in price. Easy decision. Don't understand the logic of charging that much more. I mean no1 with half a brain is actually going to buy from you.

I've just started a game as Cork City. I've a pretty tight wage budget and when i approached the board about getting a parent team so we could get good players on loan, they told me i should'nt need to loan players and refused.

My rivals in the division have been making a lot of signings so it's not looking good. I've made only one signing which is Sean Kelly on a free from a non-league side (Mt.Merrion i think). I'm aiming for a mid-table finish hopefully that is a manageable goal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I've just started a game as Cork City. I've a pretty tight wage budget and when i approached the board about getting a parent team so we could get good players on loan, they told me i should'nt need to loan players and refused.

My rivals in the division have been making a lot of signings so it's not looking good. I've made only one signing which is Sean Kelly on a free from a non-league side (Mt.Merrion i think). I'm aiming for a mid-table finish hopefully that is a manageable goal.

Next time when approaching them about a parent club, try tell them it would be financially beneficial to the club, that worked for me.

Guys, I've downloaded this from Game.co.uk

Have it downloaded but when I go to install it says "Corrupt file" and wont install.

happen to anyone and anyone know how to fix it?

Ye might have to re-download it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Does anyone know how I can change the squad view from the FM2011 one back to the one I used all the time in FM2010.
    I've checked the ''views'' tab, that's where you changed it in 2010 but I can't find the option. I'll be disappointed if it's gone. I prefer it side by side.

• Advertisement

Ye might have to re-download it I'd say.

Ya I do, but last time it took over 3 hours at 65kb/s :p Pushed in the phone line second time round and bam, 785kb/s. Turns out my line was dodgy and some files werent downloaded.
    All good now :D

Does anyone have a good link where I could download logos guys? cheers.

Check out this thread for everything you need http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056081051

Does anyone have a good link where I could download logos guys? cheers.

try www.fm-base.co.uk i think the downloads have been disabled for a while on it because everyone was downloading them

also try sortitoutsi.net.

Cheers boys I'm trying to download the kits file but there is so many of them. I don't know which one to download?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm having problems getting mine to play. Bought the dvd, install it through steam but when I try to play all that comes up is the little black box with 'Preparing to launch fm 2011' and that's it. Over and over and I'm about to lose it big time haha. Have deleted and reinstalled through stream and still no joy. Any suggestions or links would be much appreciated, I have tried the Steam Support Center but it's no good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

@Happyoutscan - Take a look at http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/4-Football-Manager-Forums

Register and post in there, or read a bit around that forum, your bug might be listed and a workaround or solution available.

EDIT: have a look at this post, might help you too...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233807-FOOTBALL-MANAGER-2011-11.1.0f157094-has-stopped-working?p=6070726&viewfull=1#post6070726

Which gives the following info...
    Try deleting your settings files as described here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066654&viewfull=1#post6066654

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Nehaxak wrote: »
    @Happyoutscan - Take a look at http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/4-Football-Manager-Forums

Register and post in there, or read a bit around that forum, your bug might be listed and a workaround or solution available.

Thanks for the heads up, fortunately (for my sanity) I updated DirectX and it appears to be working. Fingers crossed. Happy gaming.

Cheers boys I'm trying to download the kits file but there is so many of them. I don't know which one to download?
    Anybody? :(

• Advertisement

Anybody? :(

here

Advertisement