Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great After-timing Thread (screenshots req'd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

And to add to that, it was 42/1 on Betfair.

Imagine having a grand on that :O

That said, I'd take my 20k profit and run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

L'prof wrote: »
    Not usually, I just didn't appreciate the way you came across in your post.

I added a nice little wink and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I added a nice little wink and everything.

Those winks can be taken in a couple of different ways. Maybe I took up what you were saying wrong, but I didn't so at the time. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Where are all Coughlans posts from last night ? Was the messiah of gambling banned ??

My mistake was looking at the wrong page !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The chap is winning and winning well. He has already been well warned and i'm sure he's big and bold enough to at least heed the fundamentals of them. He knows what is at risk and has said he's willing to risk it. Would be great if he continues on with profit or walks away with some when he hangs up his bet slip. We've all seen how much he has increased his stakes in recent times which can be a sign towards compulsive gambling addiction. But i'll never judge whether someone is an addict until they are tested and Coughlin has yet to be. Maybe if he has a day where his losses amount to over a grand he'll have a change of attitude. That's when you are really tested as a gambler and how you handle the situation will define it. If you scale back the bets you are sensible with it. If you still go large and deniably chase losses then you have a problem whether you realise it or not. Until that day i'll reserve judgement.

I think a lot of people would probably be happier if they could get in on those winnings. I don't know about horses and it's probably the nature of the game regarding late tips in that you don't get much of a chance to post up online. But i think you'd probably cut some slack (if you wanted it cut) if you posted up your bets prior to the race in the manner that Pyro does for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

But i think you'd probably cut some slack (if you wanted it cut) if you posted up your bets prior to the race in the manner that Pyro does for example.

i have started to post my horse bets now,
    2 winners 1 loser today..

thanks for the first sensible post thus far.
    i know whats at risk and can afford to risk it..
    thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Are you so arrogant as to say that every other post, bar the ones that you have made and one that someone else has made supporting you, have been nonsensical?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,263 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Fair play Coughlan.

You're winning and winning well. I think there might be a touch of jealousy from some if the truth be told.

Obviously the streak will come to an end but if you stay betting what you can afford there shouldn't be a problem for you.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Nice to see someone winning a sh!tload of money !
    Invest some of your winnings in silver and gold and don't be a fool :D
    Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Am I the only one who doesn't think coughlan has been as arrogant as people are saying? He posts his winners in the after-timing thread, which is what the bloody thread is for.

If you're concerned for him, then grand, voice your concern, but he's responded to these points and insists he is in control, so leave him be. Not everyone can be tarred with the same brush, so this whole "you're a degenerate like everyone else" stuff should end. Jesus christ it's repetitive and ruining the fun of the thread, all these advisers and know-alls, most of whom almost certainly wouldn't stop backing if they were on a good run as coughlan is.

Now, to that lad who had a grand on a 20/1 shot - explain! Inside info?

More winnings screenshots please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

i think ye should all just relax and stop being such touchy benders. if someone gambles all their money away then it's their own fault and they should no better, any1 with any mental capacity at all shouldn't have to be warned. i bet seriously small stakes and i gradually increase as i get more profit, if i end up betting 10s of thousands then it means im doing well but if i do that people will say i have a problem. coughlan used to bet much smaller stakes and unless he runs drugs then id assume hes made profit enough to bet what he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FishGoneDeep

jolsen wrote: »
    betb.gif

I find this very hard to believe....looks like photo shop to me!
    1. 1k on the nose on a 20/1 shot? no e/w?
    2. The max bet on PP for a 20/1 shot is nowhere near in the region of 1k. Just looked at the racing tomorrow and the max bet I could get on a 16/1 shot is 190!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

2. The max bet on PP for a 20/1 shot is nowhere near in the region of 1k. Just looked at the racing tomorrow and the max bet I could get on a 16/1 shot is 190!

I never even thought of checking the max bet! Here's the max I could get on this 20/1 (I didn't place it obviously :p):

30066g1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

You can ring or email and ask can u put on X amount on a horse. If you are betting quite large sums on a regular basis then they should have no problem, especially PaddyPower compared to other shops. I have seen plenty of people put on large sums in bookmakers on average races
    I do agree it could be photoshopped as the horse never dropped below 20/1 and presuming this guy got word of it then others would have lumped on similar amounts and it would have dropped somewhat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

L'prof wrote: »
    I never even thought of checking the max bet! Here's the max I could get on this 20/1 (I didn't place it obviously :p):

30066g1.png

Different accounts and different races would allow different amounts. Also if you are betting close to the off you will get more on.
    29xhstt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

d-gal wrote: »
    You can ring or email and ask can u put on X amount on a horse. If you are betting quite large sums on a regular basis then they should have no problem, especially PaddyPower compared to other shops. I have seen plenty of people put on large sums in bookmakers on average races
    I do agree it could be photoshopped as the horse never dropped below 20/1 and presuming this guy got word of it then others would have lumped on similar amounts and it would have dropped somewhat

you would think so wouldn't you but it's not the case,especially if you're winning. Now if you look back at the log you'll see his stakes were quite normal not to long ago he must be making money so i'd be scepticle.

Someone will post the usual,'Why bother lying on the web', but lots do it.

The point that was made re photoshop tells you that this thread is in fact set up nice for a bit of bs,but i will say i think the majority of posters on it are genuine as their bets fit and make sense,the one above doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

that defo a photoshop PJ:mad:

only joking:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jolsen

Do you think I'm lying, the screenshot is not photoshopped............but the web page was faked.

Sadly I did not win 20k, I didn't even back the horse. I wondered how long it would take before people began to doubt. I deliberately left the time and odds a little off, I was going to post a few more each getting more ridiculous until someone copped on. I was even going to post a fake horse "seafront cheeks" which is an anagram for "fake screenshot".

Posting screenshots offers no more proof than somebody saying they won a truckload. I'm sure every other post is genuine and I hope people continue posting them, just don't take them too seriously.

Sorry for misleading everybody but it was fun while it lasted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

As far as i Know when you press the max button on PP, that is telling you how much they will take before the price drops, so if says max is 800 and you place 1000 it will drop after that, that was my understanding anyway as im fairly sure i ive put on more than that max thing said, maybe im wrong. Open to correction

So your man Jolson went and created a web page that looked identical to the Paddy Power one. I know you said it was an experiment and you weren't doing it seriously. But i wonder how many people would go to that extent to create a whole web page. Or know how to. Not sure how you go about it but fair play for nailing the colors and getting everything the right size. I couldn't notice the difference.

Suppose any of these could be faked. But if someone is winning away from this thread and posting them up beforehand and then they post a win in here for something they never got a chance to post earlier. I'd tend to believe them. I know for me it hasn't always been convenient to get on this site after i place a bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

all he did was go to file --> save page as.. and edit it in notepad, not difficult at all, all you'd need is a curious devious mind :)

52650006.jpg

I just tried that there for the craic but what should be a gray box with a cross in it just comes up as the word plus. Suppose if someone leaves that part out they may be faking it.

EDIT

Just noticed there's a gap in Cruziero and compared to the other boxes on the fake page the 2 i posted up here look a lot higher. Like if i posted the whole page they would stand out. Suppose if you know hmtl you'd easily sort it out.

bramblebet.png

I can assure you that this is no fake screenshot.
    I simply availed of a limited special Paddy Power had on a few days ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ferrari on order Doocey, ya? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

coughlan08 wrote: »
    thats all good for the newbies as you said,,but i aint a newbie and know what im doin,,im 1 of a few that makes a constent profit on here..
    thanks for the post,im sure it will help someone..

What if your mate dies/yard goes bust etc. I am a recovering alcoholic and dont gamble, just saw this thread on the opening page of boards. It all sounds so familiar to my problem. CHASING THE THRILL. Thats what addiction is all about and would hate to see another fall into that spiral of misery. I remember my good days drinking, but had 1000 times more bad days. I have only ever heard a gambler tell of their wins. ( i have 6 treatment centres under my belt)
    I shared tears with drinkers, drug addicts and gamblers, and while we were all addicts, finiancially speaking, I could only drink so much per day before i fell down, Gamblers go and go and gooooooooooooooo ! You cant smell a betting slip on someones breath, No intake of any substance whatsover makes them better liars.
    Eventually the whole thing goes belly up whatever the addiction.

Ps. Show some losing days and give this thread a bit of balance cos i dont know why sometimes gamblers never admit to losing their blx.....Well I do really. My 2 cents worth. Mark

Haha that looks so legit Doocey. Is that a save page job as well? Doubt i'll be visiting this thread much anymore. This little trick has ruined the credibility of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

four18 wrote: »
    I have only ever heard a gambler tell of their wins.

You should read my log...

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Ferrari on order Doocey, ya? :pac:

Yes please :D
    Haha that looks so legit Doocey. Is that a save page job as well? Doubt i'll be visiting this thread much anymore. This little trick has ruined the credibility of it.

Yeah, simple edit of the HTML and yer set.

Although, most of the screenshots here I would guess are pretty legit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

fkiely wrote: »
    You should read my log...

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

This thread is proper fcuked now isnt it? Any decent wins will now be a bit hard to believe, funny way for the thread to go down though i got a laugh off it

Advertisement