Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan is dead - Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No and the Irish Times are reporting that's what alerted 2FM bosses when he never showed up.
    http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/gerry-ryan-found-dead-2160431.html

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

There is now 19 RIP Gerry Ryan Pages on facebook!

And yet I cannot find one for a Gerry Ryan fan-club (pre-his death..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

ZOMG AN INTERNET SITE RELEASED INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET

Even if OP was the first to release it, which i seriously doubt,it would have come very soon after anyway. I doubt Gerry Ryans family are glued to boards like some of the greater than thou people commenting

Sad news, RIP Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Heart attack by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Condolences to his family

RIP Gerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nehpets10

He should be sacked for texting someone. and the OP should be sued for posting it.

Absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Someone quickly reading through this thread would believe that some rogue paramedic has murdered Gerry Ryan and now there's a boards.ie manhunt for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Not a fan at all to be honest...

but having lost both parents when I was in my late teens & they were same age as Gerry Ryan, jesus I really feel for his kids.

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Dav wrote: »
    It's no secret that he didn't like Boards and we didn't like him

What happened that resulted in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

anto2 wrote: »
    >>This news is terribly sad.<<

Na ,its trivial news ,get a grip on yourself .

Have some respect. I'm just thinking of his family.

I'm not the one who needs to get a grip.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I'll say it again. Get over yourself.
    Spadina wrote: »
    It`s not about his family finding out, it`s about the public in general, he was a public figure, but even if he wasn`t paramedics should never text relatives to let them know the status of any patient. Apart from the fact that I cannot imagine being able to sit next to a deceased person and have the nerve to do something as trivial as sending a message, never mind about the person in question, telling her that rigormortis had set in! Jeebus H. Christ I have sat with dying animals and had more respect for them than that.
    sunny2004 wrote: »
    Can we leave the OP out of this and grow up !

The infighting over the original post stops now please.
    Fair warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭shimbob

RTÉ broadcaster Gerry Ryan found dead
    Friday, 30 April 2010 15:53
    RTÉ broadcaster Gerry Ryan has been found dead at his home. He was 53.

Mr Ryan joined RTÉ in 1979 and presented the radio programme 'The Gerry Ryan Show' and television programmes such as Operation Transformation and Ryan Confidential.

He is survived by his five children and his wife, Morah, from whom he was separated.

Mr Ryan began his career as a broadcaster in pirate radio.

When 2fm was launched in 1979, Mr Ryan joined the station as a DJ and he soon became part of their main night-time line up.

In 1988 The Gerry Ryan Show began.

Over the next 22 years his weekday talk programme became one of the most listened to radio shows in Ireland.

During his career Mr Ryan also hosted a number of TV shows, including his own chat show, Ryan Confidential and most recently Operation Transformation.

Taoiseach Brian Cowen has expressed sadness at Mr Ryan's death.

In a statement he said: 'Gerry was a household name and a broadcaster of immense talent and popularity. His legion of fans will all be greatly shocked to hear this sad news.

'He will be hugely missed by all those who had the good fortune to know him.'

!!This is off the rte website!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

RIP Gerry
    Mornings wont be the same without you.
    I was listening this morning before 9 when colm and jimjim said they were going to be on for another hour. Was stranger then when they repeated the 8-9 section of the show between 9 and 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

More importantly, RIP and condolences to his friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Larry is in bits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Seachmall wrote: »
    It's all related, and poor diet and inactivity is the 2nd biggest factor in these preventable deaths (with smoking being the largest factor).
    Could be genetic too, not that an unhealthy lifestyle doesn't help

Strange how operation transformation didn't make him give it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Larry Gogan is nearly blabbering on the Radio.

Seachmall wrote: »
    What happened that resulted in this?
    No idea myself but perhaps now and here is not the place for it to be discussed?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Larry is one strong man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Larry Gogan just talking now on 2fm saying he'll be terribly missed. Sounded very upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

Larry Gogan sounds shook:

"We've lost a great broadcaster and I've lost a great pal"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

In a statement, RTÉ said it had been asked by Mr Ryan's family to say: 'Gerry Ryan died today. Morah and his children are in complete shock. Please respect their privacy at this time.'

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Lots of women in my office crying uncontrollably after hearing the news.

I have to say I am too, but I think it's just bringing back memories of my dads sudden passing last year, so my heart goes out to the family, the little girl is only about ten!! Please keep this in mind before you post anything bad

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Ah jesus Larry Gogan, the shivers sent down my spine just there with his little speech. Its awful for all who worked with him, im sure they had some bond with him within the studios and office. At the end of the day theyve lost a colleague and the family have lost a dad and husband. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Loved listening to his show every morning, always put a smile on me face with his humour and loved the way he said what he wanted and how he honestly felt about everything.

RIP

Srooney03 wrote: »
    Larry is one strong man
    Was just listening, he's mostly playing continuous music and understandably why.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

R.I.P gerry.
    condolences to morah and the family
    you shall be missed:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

That was tough for Larry, you could practically hear him break :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement