Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Nenagh to Limerick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

cnocbui wrote: »
    Is this the fella?

Yeah I think thats the bridge. Excellent photo thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Anyone with an update? They must be close to finishing the Nenagh tie in now?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

AlanD wrote: »
    Anyone with an update? They must be close to finishing the Nenagh tie in now?

I can tell you this at least. Road Markings on the Dublin Road roundabout flyover and are heading in the direction of the bog.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

Berty wrote: »
    I can tell you this at least. Road Markings on the Dublin Road roundabout flyover and are heading in the direction of the bog.

YIPPEEEEEE !!!!
    are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

One of my friends has done work on this road and he says it will open on 24th of March, how true it is i dont know...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Iamhere wrote: »
    One of my friends has done work on this road and he says it will open on 24th of March, how true it is i dont know...

Yes the nra told me the middle of march last week. That could all change again shur.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It'll be open on currentDate+26.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

Just back from a walk of the Drominboy Bog section of the future M7 and brought camera with me. Two weeks ago I walked this and the progress since then is huge, see my previous post with photos from Feb 13th: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64457175&postcount=917

The new photos are posted to Photobucket, few samples below, they are correctly geotagged too.
    http://s883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/lukejr/M7%20Drominboy%20Bog%20Update/

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

At this progress I expect the entire road to open at the same time, by the end of March, that's just my opinion based on the amount of progress made over previous two weeks.

Overall a lot of work completed in 10 working days, also note that all the fencing has been erected too, and grass seed is on some of the landscaped areas. This previously boggy section is 1km in length (based on signs for Castletroy exit) and all heavy work is done. So what's left to do: final top surface, 1km of concrete median needs to be installed, some crash barriers, paint lines and cats eyes, and that should be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭emfifty

this is great news. the wait may finally be over:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭luohaoran

Ok, I know very very little about building roads but I'd have to ask,...
    Wouldn't the central barriers be supposed to meet up. (looking at the last photo above)

In fact the whole road looks misaligned. Perhaps its just a funny photographic effect with a section of the road not showing?!

Someone enlighten me.

• Advertisement

Or perhaps they just haven't finished floating it into place yet.

luohoran.

It's most likely down to drainage. If it were me I would have used the same positioning they did because if you imagine the northbound lane(right lane in the picture) the water would run down against the barrier and would collect at that section to a certain extent.

The moisture will sink into the wearing course and eventually eat away at the compound.

That gap will allow the water to run between both sides of the barrier and quickly pass down into the drainage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

luohaoran wrote: »
    Ok, I know very very little about building roads but I'd have to ask,...
    Wouldn't the central barriers be supposed to meet up. (looking at the last photo above)

In fact the whole road looks misaligned. Perhaps its just a funny photographic effect with a section of the road not showing?!

Someone enlighten me.

That's just a drain which will run alongside the concrete central barrier (not there yet). The drain looks like it will switch from one side of the barrier to the other at the point where you thought the barrier joined up misaligned.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Berty , KevR, makes perfect sense.

So my only correct sentence was where I pointed out I know nothing about building roads.

Wouldn't the central barriers be supposed to meet up. (looking at the last photo above).

The concrete barrier will be going left of the drain, not on top of it, so will match up with next section. You can see from the photo the road is going up a hill to a bridge. Water will flow down the hill instead of to the side, so switched sides like KevR posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Or perhaps they just haven't finished floating it into place yet.

:D

I passed the Nenagh tie in on the way to Dublin last night and came back tonight. Last night, there were men working on the railway bridge, putting up steel panelling or something. The old steel barrier on the old nenagh bypass was still in place it looked like they still had a bit to do.

Coming down tonight though, the steel barrier was being removed. There was plenty of men around working as I passed at around 9:30pm. So perhaps the final push is on to finish the tie in. There's only about 200m to do I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I passed the Nenagh tie in on the way to Dublin last night and came back tonight. Last night, there were men working on the railway bridge, putting up steel panelling or something. The old steel barrier on the old nenagh bypass was still in place it looked like they still had a bit to do.

Coming down tonight though, the steel barrier was being removed. There was plenty of men around working as I passed at around 9:30pm. So perhaps the final push is on to finish the tie in. There's only about 200m to do I reckon.

the only hold up on the Nenagh Bypass widening was the simplist bit - the Railway Bridge. Funny that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Any updates on the tie in with the Nenagh bypass at junction 26?

Gonna be passing later today so I'll report back later on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I went for a walk along the Gooig bog section of the motorway today, they are still driving the concrete poles into the side of the road in parts of the motorway. Along that particular section they still have to put down the final layor of tarmac and erect the crash barriers along the side of the road. In one small section of the road they still haven't put down any tarmac at all. From the Bog Road bridge on however everything seems to be completed excluding that troublesome area . . .

Gonna be passing later today so I'll report back later on.

To be honest there isn't a huge change in the last week at the tie in. Men were still fixing paneling to the railway bridge, but today it looked like they were tightening bolts on the paneling. The northbound section of road looks like it has a new layer of tar, or whatever ye call it. The current traffic route is still the same and still on the original level. They don't look near to being done given how far things have come along in the last week. I reckon at least another 2 weeks. But that's a finger in the air guess with no real knowledge of how long these things take.

To be honest there isn't a huge change in the last week at the tie in...

This tie-in seems to be taking forever, and the current setup is just dangerous, has been since the bypass opened without proper slip-roads onto the N52.

Anyone get an update on the actual date for opening this section?

lukejr wrote: »
    This tie-in seems to be taking forever, and the current setup is just dangerous

The tie in at the Limerick end of this road isn't ideal alright, but the tie in for the Castletown Nenagh road is just crazy! Going from 120km/h down to a super narrow road with works on either side. I don't think there's enough slowing measures so you enter that tie in at a good enough speed.

The tie in at the Limerick end of this road isn't ideal alright, but the tie in for the Castletown Nenagh road is just crazy! Going from 120km/h down to a super narrow road with works on either side. I don't think there's enough slowing measures so you enter that tie in at a good enough speed.

I have to agree, very narrow at the east side. At night heading towards Limerick from Toomyvara there is no light and few signs make it very difficult to know where the median starts and then the motorway bypass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 solidwork

It wouldn't be too bad if it was better lit at night, i dont know how there hasn't been an accident there yet. I'm so sick of this M7, the tie in at the limerick side of the nenagh bypass is takin forever what are they playing at. It just seems to be makin so little progess. Are they down to a skeleton staff or something. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

It's very f'ing demoralising alright. I never see them doing much work with it. If everyone was just doing their job right with no beaurocracy it would be open by now.

I know when it will be open by the way. The very day I move to Dublin and no longer drive Limk-Dublin every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I wish they would hurry up, I drive past every week. There never seems to be much going on at the Nenagh junction. I just hope it opens March 24th. The way things are going the Shunnel could be finished first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Deedsie wrote: »
    I wish they would hurry up, I drive past every week. There never seems to be much going on at the Nenagh junction. I just hope it opens March 24th. The way things are going the Shunnel could be finished first.

Ya your right i said that a long time ago and i was been serious. I think if everyone of us send a disgruntled e mail to the contractor and the nra it might do something. A clip round the ear never done anyone and harm.:mad:

• Advertisement

The tie in at Finnegans has gantries above and the exit sign for Newport, Annacotty is in place. The markings on the carriageways has been placed down heading onto the flyover(some of them).

About freakin' time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement