Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman knocks down pope

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

RayM wrote: »
    Elderly man knocked to the ground.

Tediously predictable reaction on Internet forum.

I think some will only be happy when he is assassinated, the Vatican needs better protection for the Pope or it could be worse than 1981.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

good

Why are you happy that a man got hurt? Was it for the thanks that you thought would come? Im sure it was.

If you don't agree with his beliefs fair enough but dont rejoice in a fellow human being hurt, that is just low.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Proxy wrote: »
    It doesn't matter that he's old. In my book he's in the same chapter as Hitler. A madman protected by a personality cult, unbelievably influential to his followers with his insane and irrational views. How about some army pops in and "liberates" the Vatican City?

And the condom issue - how could he possibly - EVER - state that he is against condoms to prevent AIDS?

The Papacy is a horrific facade outdated by at least a century. Being briefly knocked over is the least he should get. Hope he chokes on a turkey bone.

Comparing the pope to Hitler is beyond stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

ynotdu wrote: »
    Min again on christmas day i dont want to argue.
    The fact is that the non use of contraception in Ireland led to the Laundrets were children were torn from their mothers,put in 'care homes'were they were physicly and sexually abused as were their children who were placed in 'care'

This was driven by the teachings of the Catholic church and the cowardice of Irish people who cow-towed to the Catholic church(the religion i was reared on)

There is a HUGH diffrience between the teachings of the Catholic church and Christs words.(i am now an agnostic/humanist)

It is not the teaching of the church that Jesus set up that anyone should be abused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Why comment so?

Haven't you just posted a tediously predictable reaction?

Well... I didn't say: "LOL PWNED, sevres him rite 4 BANNIGN codnoms, teh Natsi cutn lol"

So, no...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Thats women drivers for ya.

Proxy wrote: »
    It doesn't matter that he's old. In my book he's in the same chapter as Hitler. A madman protected by a personality cult, unbelievably influential to his followers with his insane and irrational views. How about some army pops in and "liberates" the Vatican City?

And the condom issue - how could he possibly - EVER - state that he is against condoms to prevent AIDS?

The Papacy is a horrific facade outdated by at least a century. Being briefly knocked over is the least he should get. Hope he chokes on a turkey bone.

Your a great chap all together. You basically being biast towrads somewhere because of their beliefs well done. Hope you wake up tomorrow all proud of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I wonder if the bishops will turn a blind eye to this abuse.

Dean820 wrote: »
    Thats women drivers for ya.

Already said.

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Already said.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Min wrote: »
    It is not the teaching of the church that Jesus set up that anyone should be abused.

Min the pope is supposed to be the direct descendant of St Peter who according to the Bible was appointed by Jesus to be his vicar on Earth(the 1st pope.

..........on this rock............etc,Why cant You admit that the Catholic church has almost NEVER lived by the Bible?

Regarding the Pope being attacked it should not be a source of pleasure to ANYBODY! IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

terrible story that, poor pope

Whats the pope gonna do, forgive her? What a pussy. :L

I guess next will be hearing how the woman had past mental issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Well... I didn't say: "LOL PWNED, sevres him rite 4 BANNIGN codnoms, teh Natsi cutn lol"

So, no...

Yeah, but your post was a tedious predictable reaction on the Internet all the while putting down tedious predictable reactions on the Internet.

So, yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Yeah, but your post was a tedious predictable reaction on the Internet all the while putting down tedious predictable reactions on the Internet.

So, yes...

...and, not without a small amount of irony, it should have been equally predictable that my observation about the tedious predictability of this thread should lead to this... frankly tedious exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

...and, not without a small amount of irony, it should have been equally predictable that my observation about the tedious predictability of this thread should lead to this... frankly tedious exchange.

An even Bigger Irony,You posted another tedious post here to say how tedious You found the thread!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I don't like the Pope or Berlusconi, but there's nothing "good" about them being attacked. We're talking about elderly people, anybody that gets pleasure from this is a tard

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

ynotdu wrote: »
    An even Bigger Irony,You posted another tedious post here to say how tedious You found the thread!:confused:

Isn't this getting a bit tedious now.:pac:

It's CHRISTMAS!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

prob that loon who ran onto the grand prix track...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Nice morning present for all the anti-Catholics.
    I imagine if it was the Queen getting floored would ye post with the same glee :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Nice morning present for all the anti-Catholics.
    I imagine if it was the Queen getting floored would ye post with the same glee :rolleyes:

Quite possibly. Shall we put it to a vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

good

Good ol anti-Catholicism :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Serious?

Feckin RTE have it up as being 13 minutes old. Bastards!

Many happy returns!

Boards have it up as over 10 hours old. :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What Ever youer beliefs Are, People really shouldnt be Making fun of someone attacking the head of the largest church in the world, and and 82 year old man.

I dont agree with everything The Roman Catholic church says, but he deserves respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihadu

I was watching the news when the story broke.
    They said they have arrested the woman who they believe is deranged.

Fair play to him for continuing with the mass though.

I wonder will he show his christian spirit and see that she is looked after rather than locked up.

Some Pope!

HA HA. i believe you believe that

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

I dont agree with everything The Roman Catholic church says, but he deserves respect.

I don't agree with what the Catholic church does but they sure as hell don't deserve respect.
    One of the largest and richest organizations in the world and corrupt to the core. Run by an old fool with outdated ideas.

I'll show him, and the church respect when they confess their own sins and lead by example.

A useless organization slowing down the progress of the modern world.

I still don't condone attacking the pope though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Why are you happy that a man got hurt? Was it for the thanks that you thought would come? Im sure it was.

If you don't agree with his beliefs fair enough but dont rejoice in a fellow human being hurt, that is just low.

is there anything youtube isn't good for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

bronte wrote: »
    He's entirely out of touch with reality.
    How many people are going to follow that advice?
    Contraception was viewed by him in a negative light, which given his power and influence is a very serious matter.
    He has blood on his hands.

If he's so influential, then people will obey his message about abstinence as well as his message about condoms and not pick and choose.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

The Catholic Press will be busy this week. The Cathedral in Longford was burn't down, a miracle no one was killed. Jesus with the Guinness brewery and bomb scare at the docklands in dublin and the many car collissions, the police and ambulance etc have being kept busy this week

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1225/longford.html

Advertisement