Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman knocks down pope

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Pity she didn't Berlusconi him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

poor papa razzi :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Glad I don't know the people here who condone violence against old people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I never knew you could link to a specific time in a YouTube video :eek:

Me posting vids for years saying "Go to 1m and 22secs and you will find that .. blah blah blah' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks .. MM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I never knew you could link to a specific time in a YouTube video :eek:

Me posting vids for years saying "Go to 1m and 22secs and you will find that .. blah blah blah' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks .. MM :D

(DICK IN MOUTH,, COFF COFF)

• Advertisement

leddpipe wrote: »
    (DICK IN MOUTH,, COFF COFF)

Who's the lucky guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'm glad I don't know people who support a guy who preaches that condoms cause aids. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

First Berlusconi, and now the Pope? It's like Italy hasn't changed in 500 years, only instead of producing Michelangelo and Petrarch it's racist football fans and Fiats.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Who's the lucky guy?

The guy with the sense of humour haha :D

bronte wrote: »
    I'm glad I don't know people who support a guy who preaches that condoms cause aids. :)

Research from Harvard shows what the Pope preaches is actually better than condom centric AIDS programs.
    But that doesn't suit the views of the critics of the Pope on this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Way to mis-quote someone. I didn't agree with what he said, but he didn't say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Tsssskkkkk it's a pity the headline did not read:

Pope knocks up woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Who?

The Pope hasn't claimed that condoms cause AIDS/HIV. What he did say was that offering contraception encourages promiscuity; which is probably true. As the condoms aren't always effective, this increased promiscuity could lead to further spreads.

I fail to see how you can attack someone for saying that abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of a Sexually Transmitted Disease.. of course it is.

brummytom wrote: »
    Who?

The Pope hasn't claimed that condoms cause AIDS/HIV. What he did say was that offering contraception encourages promiscuity; which is probably true. As the condoms aren't always effective, this increased promiscuity could lead to further spreads.

I fail to see how you can attack someone for saying that abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of a Sexually Transmitted Disease.. of course it is.

We've all had a drink .. let's put away such topics until St Stephen's at least .. sorry Boxing Day BB ;)

ynotdu wrote: »
    Tsssskkkkk it's a pity the headline did not read:

Pope knocks up woman!

clever inter-change of "down", and "up"!

me likeeee!

It's quite possible the current pope was deeply involved in the cover ups as the former head of the congregation of the doctrine of the faith.
    it is quite possible he wasn't, athiest:eek:

Min wrote: »
    Research from Harvard shows what the Pope preaches is actually better than condom centric AIDS programs.
    But that doesn't suit the views of the critics of the Pope on this issue.
    m@cc@ wrote: »
    Way to mis-quote someone. I didn't agree with what he said, but he didn't say that.
    Who?

He's entirely out of touch with reality.
    How many people are going to follow that advice?
    Contraception was viewed by him in a negative light, which given his power and influence is a very serious matter.
    He has blood on his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

It doesn't matter that he's old. In my book he's in the same chapter as Hitler. A madman protected by a personality cult, unbelievably influential to his followers with his insane and irrational views. How about some army pops in and "liberates" the Vatican City?

And the condom issue - how could he possibly - EVER - state that he is against condoms to prevent AIDS?

The Papacy is a horrific facade outdated by at least a century. Being briefly knocked over is the least he should get. Hope he chokes on a turkey bone.

Who?

Dr Edward Green, a professor from Harvard who is a leading figure on the spread of HIV/AIDS would agree with you, he found in the ABC programs that being faithful to one partner followed by abstinence were more effective in lowering the spread of AIDS (then condoms if you refuse to do either of the first two) than programs which only focused on condoms where the AIDS rate did not fall but instead continued to rise.

Dr Edward Green, a professor from Harvard who is a leading figure on the spread of HIV/AIDS would agree with you, he found in the ABC programs that being faithful to one partner followed by abstinence were more effective in lowering the spread of AIDS (then condoms if you refuse to do either of the first two) than programs which only focused on condoms where the AIDS rate did not fall but instead continued to rise.

No offense Min but really expecting abstinance or sticking with one partner is not how the vast majority of people act.Sad but true,It does not need a DR before a persons name to deny what they see with their own eyes!

• Advertisement

He's entirely out of touch with reality.
    How many people are going to follow that advice?
    Contraception was viewed by him in a negative light, which given his power and influence is a very serious matter.
    He has blood on his hands.

In Uganda they adopted abstinence and being faithful when only 14% used condoms, this is what led to Dr Green investigating what worked and he found condoms were the least effective.
    He found in Uganda that people changed their behaviour - first time for sex (average) went to the later teens and people were being more faithful to one partner which reduced the risk significantly. It was not condoms that were the solution, the Ugandan people changed their sexual behaviour.

He warned countries in Africa that putting the main focus on condoms is dangerous and they must keep the message of abstinence and being faithful in the limelight, this was after some campaigns went more the condom route and rates started to rise again.

Maybe the condom pushers have the blood on their hands, maybe it is why sexual disease levels continue to rise in Ireland.

Maybe the condom pushers have the blood on their hands, maybe it is why sexual disease levels continue to rise in Ireland.

Oh yeah, that's definitely it. :rolleyes:

ynotdu wrote: »
    No offense Min but really expecting abstinance or sticking with one partner is not how the vast majority of people act.Sad but true,It does not need a DR before a persons name to deny what they see with their own eyes!

That is because some want everything, it is like the celtic tiger, that attitude will only lead to the worsening of the sexual disease epidemic in Ireland.

Oh yeah, that's definitely it. :rolleyes:

Tell me why with Ireland's high condom use are sexual disease levels rising at an alarming rate?

http://www.irishhealth.com/clin/sexual_health/features2.html?artid=2835

Do you genuinely believe that everyone who uses condoms are "promiscuous"?

The guy was hugely irresponsible. No two ways about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Elderly man knocked to the ground.

Tediously predictable reaction on Internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

dirty church, send back some of money we sent over for years, the shares in shell and ibm, the millions of pounds worth of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

RayM wrote: »
    Elderly man knocked to the ground.

Tediously predictable reaction on Internet forum.

Why comment so?

Haven't you just posted a tediously predictable reaction?

Do you genuinely believe that everyone who uses condoms are "promiscuous"?

The guy was hugely irresponsible. No two ways about it.

I'm not judging everyone, I just see condoms being promoted when it comes to sex in Ireland, I don't see any messages about delaying the first time for sex (abstinence) or being faithful to one partner being promoted by the media.

I do read reports of the level of sexual disease rising and one can't blame the Pope for that.
    It is the same in Africa, research shows the Pope promotes what is most effective but it is like some people have shares in condom companies.

• Advertisement

That is because some want everything, it is like the celtic tiger, that attitude will only lead to the worsening of the sexual disease epidemic in Ireland.

Min again on christmas day i dont want to argue.
    The fact is that the non use of contraception in Ireland led to the Laundrets were children were torn from their mothers,put in 'care homes'were they were physicly and sexually abused as were their children who were placed in 'care'

This was driven by the teachings of the Catholic church and the cowardice of Irish people who cow-towed to the Catholic church(the religion i was reared on)

There is a HUGH diffrience between the teachings of the Catholic church and Christs words.(i am now an agnostic/humanist)

Advertisement