Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This years crimbo number 1...?

Options

Comments

Bajingo wrote: »
    They both kind of suck dont they..but I would rather rage against the machine (although I dont see how it is a protest to anything)..why cant we have an actual christmas song as number.1?

They both suck big time! Well one of the main aims of the RATM campaign is to try and grab the Christmas No.1 spot, as they are sick of Simon Cowell's X Factor winner from claiming it. I buy a single because I actually like it and that is the only consideration I take on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Killing in the Name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Voltex wrote: »
    Yes please!!!!!
    I have my two boys raging against the machine!!!

I bought it on iTunes...just doin my part

Purchasing music from one of the biggest organisations possible, by a band on one of the biggest labels possible, who are also on the same label as 'the other guy'....yeah that's sticking it to the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

"Fu_ck you I won't do what you tell me."

How lovely a song for Christmas, eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont understand how anyone with any sort of inklling or liking of music cannot want RATM to win.

Its artists singing a song they wrote and musicans playing :O instruments.

It may well lose and Sony will win but its a simple vote Music or Kareoke, sorry but music wins for me. For every X factor winner a decent possibly good musician or artist or song writer is never going to make it.

I have 22 copies of RATM if anyone needs one :D

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont understand how anyone with any sort of inklling or liking of music cannot want RATM to win.

Its artists singing a song they wrote and musicans playing :O instruments.

It may well lose and Sony will win but its a simple vote Music or Kareoke, sorry but music wins for me. For every X factor winner a decent possibly good musician or artist or song writer is never going to make it.

I have 22 copies of RATM if anyone needs one :D

i have about 7 copies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

I have none!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Come on RAGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

dreamers75 wrote: »
    It may well lose and Sony will win but its a simple vote Music or Kareoke, sorry but music wins for me.

RATM are on a label owned by Sony.

It's a fun campaign and all, and I'm a big fan of RATM, but I for one (and I'd have thought more people) who like 'music' don't care about the singles charts, let alone the 'chrimbo' #1.

But like I said, a fun little campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Rage Against the Machine suck.

It'll be the X Factor guy, even though the song is terrible.

Tbh I didn't think people even bought singles even more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The JCB song (cool video imo :p ) nearly got it a couple of years ago, would love to see the X factor song finally miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

RATM is back in number 1. I love the irony that people are trying to "stick it to the man" and...well I'll just quote brianthebard's post
    Purchasing music from one of the biggest organisations possible, by a band on one of the biggest labels possible, who are also on the same label as 'the other guy'....yeah that's sticking it to the man.

RATM are ****e too. But I seriously hate the X Factor, so seeing it not getting Christmas number 1 this year would be great. Pity it's a ****e song that's doing it and it's all a nice marketing ploy people are falling for, by thinking their really getting someone back...I won't be downloading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Loads of people are doing it to stick it to Simon Cowell but personally I don't care how well he does out of it. I mean he's a producer and his job is to get ratings and make money and I accept that. For me it's just about showing that the Crap Factor can't spend a couple of months moulding some young fella/gal with a good(ish) voice, give them somebody else's song to do and it automatically goes to No.1, when there's so many bands out there who have to work sooo hard for sooo long, and who are more talented, to make it anywhere near the top!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Rage Against the Machine....ha! Sellouts and hypocrites. I still think there are people who don't realise that they are owned by Sony BMG of which Simon Cowell is an Executive.

It's like a 2 horse race with both horses owned by the same person. At least one of the horses isn't pretending to be 'raging' against it's owner.

Rage Against the Machine....ha! Sellouts and hypocrites. I still think there are people who don't realise that they are owned by Sony BMG of which Simon Cowell is an Executive.

It's like a 2 horse race with both horses owned by the same person. At least one of the horses isn't pretending to be 'raging' against it's owner.

money isnt really the point, its the fact that cowell wont get his own way for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Guys everyone on this thread has read the OP wrong... the OP stated, what will be the number one christmas song... not the christmas number one song. There is a difference.

The OP means will it be Fairytale of New York, Band Aid, Mariah Carey, basically the Christmas song that is played most over the christmas.

The OP doesnt Give a toss about the X factor winner or RATM

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Crimbo (ew) number 1 = Christmas number one = the song in chart position number one on Christmas week

The OP needs to be clearer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Gawd Rage really suck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

money isnt really the point, its the fact that cowell wont get his own way for a change.

Yeah I'm sure all the extra publicity will hurt him bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jumpguy wrote: »
    RATM is back in number 1. I love the irony that people are trying to "stick it to the man" and...well I'll just quote brianthebard's post

RATM are ****e too. But I seriously hate the X Factor, so seeing it not getting Christmas number 1 this year would be great. Pity it's a ****e song that's doing it and it's all a nice marketing ploy people are falling for, by thinking their really getting someone back...I won't be downloading it.

Perhaps I should have siad **** x-factor. I really don't care who owns what label. It's not about "sticking it to the man" (why does everyone assume that?); it's about a request that promoters start looking for talented bands and artists - and there are a lot of them out there - instead of just promoting a pretty-face copycat wannabe.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure all the extra publicity will hurt him bad.

aye, we have the smart boy here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Ah but RATM are class. That's the main thing.

Plus they said they'd give the unexpected royalties to the Shelter charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Perhaps I should have siad **** x-factor. I really don't care who owns what label. It's not about "sticking it to the man" (why does everyone assume that?); it's about a request that promoters start looking for talented bands and artists - and there are a lot of them out there - instead of just promoting a pretty-face copycat wannabe.
    "Talented" is based on many, many different viewpoints and is only a matter of opinion. Promoters will promote and produce what will sell. If you want to stop these ****ty X-Factor number 1's (or hopefully number 2 this year), you gotta stop people buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Since all this began asking people to download (which I did buy havnt purchased a song in ages from iTunes) RATM for the christmas number 1 ,
    Ive really gotten into RATM that song is good and I really hope it reaches No1 ,instead of the X Factor dribble year after year
    It used to mean something to get the christmas No 1 an achievement but nowadays its a joke dominated by X Factor :mad:

OP the christmas No 1 you ment Id say Fairytale of New York

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 KrazyKirby

I dont care what it is as long as it's NOT Xfactor Joe he's such a boring aul plank that shouldn never have won in the first place!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Me and my dad just recorded a version of silent night at the kitchen table and it kicks ass. I think it should be us.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

How did yer man, Joe, end up with such good looking, ronaldo-style, good looks, after coming from such a pathetic gene pool of northern english dole-ites?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Me and my dad just recorded a version of silent night at the kitchen table and it kicks ass. I think it should be us.....

I'd but it!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Fúck joe mceldery, hannah montana's version is much better...in 21s wed night and the dj played it as the final song ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

DKZ wrote: »
    Sorry to rain on your parade guys.. but Joe already got it, it was confirmed a few hours ago.

Not according to this site.

http://www.livehits.co.uk/

Advertisement