Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Pet Pic (DON'T QUOTE PHOTOS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Lily
    4735_95463746843_636346843_2640010_1407401_n.jpg

Daisy
    4735_95463441843_636346843_2640005_4996558_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭elainepie

GalKiefer wrote: »
    Diego (GSD x akita) and JoJo (staffie x boxer) looking adorable in the hopes of getting some of the biscuits I was having with my tea :rolleyes: :p

how do you find the temperament of the akita gsd cross? I only got mine, he is a big baby but i am constantly being warned about their aggressive hunting/ dominant instinct. I practice being the dominant one. ie.. controlling food, who is walking in front etc.. and am going to get classes for obediance training..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

elainepie wrote: »
    how do you find the temperament of the akita gsd cross? I only got mine, he is a big baby but i am constantly being warned about their aggressive hunting/ dominant instinct. I practice being the dominant one. ie.. controlling food, who is walking in front etc.. and am going to get classes for obediance training..

Challenging but rewarding I think I'd describe it. He originally came from a home where they had no control over him whatsoever so it took a *lot* of work to correct several behaviour issues he had (extreme food aggression being no.1). He's a lot more balanced now. He'll chase when he's playing but has never shown any aggressive hunting tendancies (plays fine with kittens, dogs etc.) but definately has a very strong dominant instinct. If you give him an inch he'll take a mile. You're doing everything perfectly by the sounds of it so just be aware of that aspect of him from day to day. Its become second nature to me with him to watch for the little things that he'll do to test the waters so I can nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem. All that being said (and God knows I'm rambling at this stage) I wouldn't change him for the world. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Kiya wrote: »
    This is my little one: Puca (should be a "fada" over the u, cant make it work though)

Shes now a year old & still as puppish as ever.

1st pic is the day I got her at 9 weeks old beside the remote control.
    2nd - Playing on my rug, everybody still jokes that she turns into invisible dog on it.
    3rd -in the bath about to have a bath after coming home from a beach visit.
    Covered in sand & mud!
    4th - taken on the stairs, this is my fave pic of her :D

Kiya

Quite the cutiest thing i ever saw :D

GalKiefer wrote: »
    Challenging but rewarding I think I'd describe it. He originally came from a home where they had no control over him whatsoever so it took a *lot* of work to correct several behaviour issues he had (extreme food aggression being no.1). He's a lot more balanced now. He'll chase when he's playing but has never shown any aggressive hunting tendancies (plays fine with kittens, dogs etc.) but definately has a very strong dominant instinct. If you give him an inch he'll take a mile. You're doing everything perfectly by the sounds of it so just be aware of that aspect of him from day to day. Its become second nature to me with him to watch for the little things that he'll do to test the waters so I can nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem. All that being said (and God knows I'm rambling at this stage) I wouldn't change him for the world. :)

wow he is a really gorgeous dog. I am doing the caesar milan technique of controling the food! so no food aggression with this one. He does play too hard with my little dog so i have to keep them separate now. which is a pain. I think i will start trying to train him not to be so rough, but he is a pup so this is prob impossible! I need big dogs for him to play with!!! as most little dogs will be smooshed by his big polar bear paws!! but he is just playing but is to rough for little dogs! here is a pic of the two of them together, you can see by the body langugae of the dogs what's going on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Here's our Shih-Tzu Satsu and Kachiko our rescue cat - she came to us at a few months old with a broken hip but she zooms around now. They're best of friends and usually share a bed (we tried giving them separate ones but they were having none of it). Kachiko's heavily pregnant now so she's sleeping on a windowsill so she doesn't get squished, but they still chase and wrestle during the day.

Here's Kachiko playing "king of the castle"
    5889_107114030697_684630697_2292390_7067301_n.jpg

...and trying to use her mind-powers on us
    5889_107114015697_684630697_2292387_1415416_n.jpg

Satsu thinks he's helping with the laundry
    5889_107114025697_684630697_2292389_2094404_n.jpg

...and his intellectual face
    5889_107114005697_684630697_2292386_2951489_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 babyblue89x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

The newly acquired Jake/House

502426271a11245095156o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Neevy

My Maltese being fed a bottle, he loves it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Lucy doesn't like baths...she had one this morning and retaliated by going gardening :D

3734782217_b44e12d2c4_o.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

My Gizmo:)
    l_b74e004856b66575b45161b1586b1d70.jpg

Sleepy:)
    1487759318_l.jpg

macy9 wrote: »
    My rescue Molly

2ihb0x4.jpg

she is a beautiful dog!! very pretty!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

A few pictures of my lovely Kojak. Some of them need to be turned but no such luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

So many gorgeous critters!

Meet Mr Binky or latest fur baby, he's settled in really well in such a short space of time.

MrBink.jpg

mrbinkysleepinoncouch.jpg

MrBinkyinthegarden.jpg

MrBinkysleepininsittinroominhisbed.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

1roxy.JPG

She has grown quite a bit since this picture was taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

Omnomnom wrote: »
    1roxy.JPG

She has grown quite a bit since this picture was taken!

She is adorable.....what breed is she? Love her ears :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

heres my Sammy with his football... he's such a poser... He's a tibetan terrier and is 6... rules the roost here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Been a while since I posted ... but here is ... "All Aboard The Madrid Express" :)

107B043BA0BA4AC7B79B140A2680BF48-800.jpg

I'll throw up a picture of Molly my Dads dog as well while I'm at it :)

6781DD430D2D49218100EEDA7D15DFBE-800.jpg

She was a stray and ended up getting hit by a car outside my dads place and he adopted her.

LBD wrote: »
    She is adorable.....what breed is she? Love her ears :)

Shes a white german shepard and i think theres a wolf thrown in there somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

forbairt wrote: »
    I'll throw up a picture of Molly my Dads dog as well while I'm at it :)

6781DD430D2D49218100EEDA7D15DFBE-800.jpg

She was a stray and ended up getting hit by a car outside my dads place and he adopted her.

She's beautiful. An ex-gf had a dog that looked exactly the same (most clever dog I ever met!). Does she have a bushy tail that curls upwards?

polyfusion wrote: »
    She's beautiful. An ex-gf had a dog that looked exactly the same (most clever dog I ever met!). Does she have a bushy tail that curls upwards?

hyper intelligent dog :) .. but the tail isn't bushy it does curl upwards though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ofthebeststuff

This is Rua the Dog, aka Rooster. He's a smart little fecker, mostly Irish setter with some spaniel and something lurchery in there too. He's about 3 years old, grew up a street urchin and then bounced from house to house. He's been with us almost a year.

85904.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

This our new pup Leeloo

22072009008.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

Max Power1 wrote: »
    The newly acquired Jake/House

502426271a11245095156o.jpg

What kind of dog is that?

Sooooo cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'd be surprised if there wasn't some red setter in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Mr Binky gets on well with our smaller pooch, they've a lot in common both like a big of digging and grass chewin.
    mrbinkandarweningarden.jpg

He loves his new play pen, he pops in and out during the day by himself.
    mrbinkysplaypenplayinwithtoy.jpg

21m6mtd.jpg[

This is Roxy again! Bigger and bolder :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Right I though I post a pic of my kitten as well! :)
    He is 14 weeks old now! Little explorer and bastard he is!
    1007775.th.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement