Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobh's 'White Witch' Helen Barrett- What are your experiences with her?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Blackwater

Found White Witch ok, but others have been more accurate with specific messages and questions answered without telling question from other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 seanie2009

Both please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

seanie2009 wrote: »
    Both please.

check your PM inbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

broomstick nearly clocked me one night, and I nearly tripped over her black cat trying to get out of the way

broomstick nearly clocked me one night, and I nearly tripped over her black cat trying to get out of the way

Which end of it? :p :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 woodsa

i went to the white witch a few months back and was really excited to go because my friends had gone before. while it was a fun trip out there(went with a few friends) i kinda felt she didnt tell my anything really specific. it seems the be the same as everyone else, marriage, kids, one in the army, famous sportsman, affairs etc. she didnt tell me anything about me that made me think wow she's really good! she mentioned one thing about my family which was a little weird but looking back i can't remember if i led her into it or if she knew it anyway. it was a fun day out but i'd never go to her to ask her specific questions or let her influence my life. if you're at a crossroads she's not someone i'd ask. i know one of my friends who's taken what she's said to heart and is letting it affect her life for the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 woodsa

one other thing, does anyone know if Annette Singleton in Cork city is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 socratesden

Does anybody have the phone number of the white witch in Cobh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

woodsa wrote: »
    i went to the white witch a few months back and was really excited to go because my friends had gone before. while it was a fun trip out there(went with a few friends) i kinda felt she didnt tell my anything really specific. it seems to be the same as everyone else, marriage, kids, one in the army, famous sportsman, affairs etc. she didnt tell me anything about me that made me think wow she's really good! She mentioned one thing about my family which was a little weird but looking back i can't remember if i led her into it or if she knew it anyway. it was a fun day out but i'd never go to her to ask her specific questions or let her influence my life. if you're at a crossroads she's not someone i'd ask. i know one of my friends who's taken what she's said to heart and is letting it affect her life for the worst

Yeah, she's a great laugh when you head along to her with a few friends. She's a fascinating woman who's incredibly interesting. You leave her with a whole, new perspective, or something. She's just a bit lacking or possibly unfocused in the psychic ability department. In order to be certain that you didn't prompt the reader in any way concerning your life's details, the most advisable thing to do is to record the whole thing for yourself. Then there can be no doubts in your mind about questionable or unquestionable veracity afterwards.

Sorry to hear your friend has adopted the White Witch's advice as gospel and has altered her decisions, and such. I think your friend would be much better off going to Veronica in Blackpool, Annette Singleton in Cork city, or Stephanie in Cobh instead. They don't bullsh!t or unintentionally influence people into taking action they wouldn't have even considered otherwise.

You know someone's bullsh!tting when they tell you something related to the immediate and/or distant future that you never even thought about doing, or thought about at any point. It should be remembered that nobody is an unaware moron and that we all have some vague inkling on some level about how our lives are going to turn out based on our current actions, and what direction we'll head in as time goes on. I think the best time for this sort of reflecting is either just before you feel you'll fall asleep or when you wake up first thing in the morning...
    woodsa wrote: »
    one other thing, does anyone know if Annette Singleton in Cork city is any good?

Myself, two of my friends, and a fellow Boards user have been to her and we were all satisfied with what she said. Not because it was what we wanted to hear necessarily, but because it strongly resonated with what was going on in our lives. She predicted last year that I would seek out a doctor in April of this year due to a minor health problem. I insisted that I'm rarely ill and that I don't like visiting doctors or hospitals even when I'm feeling like death. Well, early April rolled along and I noticed I felt very weak and dizzy. I thought lying down and getting more fresh air would make it go away but a week passed where I was still feeling the same way, and off to the doctor's I reticently went. She said I had low blood pressure and prescribed something for me. So, that was one thing for me that has manifested itself. She also said that someone very significant would re-enter my life the following month (from the reading), which did happen and has remained. For the best. :) She predicted that I would be invited to a relative's wedding that would take place in around July or August. I said I couldn't think of anyone in my family (close and extended) that would be getting married, and that I hate going to weddings anyway. Well, I received an invitation in May to attend my cousin's wedding, which is happening next Friday! I decided to go because I have always really liked that particular cousin. :) There are some other predictions that are yet to happen, but the next major one is supposed to pop up next September...

Annette told my friend to be careful of where she's walking about four months from then (that would be March 2009). A few of us were walking along a footpath one evening and my friend (the one who went to Annette) was up on the sort of 'ledge' beside the footpath, placing one foot in front of the other. Then she tripped over and wound up fracturing a bone in her ankle, the eejit. :pac: It was very painful, though.

So, the overall verdict is that Annette is very, very good. She's also a genuinely lovely person.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 socratesden

Myself and two others went to the white witch when i was third year in college. It did it as a laugh. That was over ten years ago. Are you ready to be spooked.

My predictions were quite similar to everyones. Married at the age of 24 - which was wrong. Im still waiting for Mr Right. She actually told me the name of the guy i was going to marry and that i knew him already. I do know of the family but there are no sons!!!
    She mentioned twins, military, famous sportsman, luck and good health.
    She mentioned going to the US, boat and horses!!! - No idea.
    She mentioned a loyal husband but i was going to have an affair!!!
    Going to die at the age of 84.

Now the other two girls were she was good. I mean GOOD and what she said actually came through. She was commenting that within a year X was going to happen and it did. She was very precise.

I reckon she gives a general spiel if she cant see anything. I think i may go back and she if she gives the same lines. Wont tell her thou. Am i nuts or what???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 biscuitbum

Myself and two others went to the white witch when i was third year in college. It did it as a laugh. That was over ten years ago. Are you ready to be spooked.

My predictions were quite similar to everyones. Married at the age of 24 - which was wrong. Im still waiting for Mr Right. She actually told me the name of the guy i was going to marry and that i knew him already. I do know of the family but there are no sons!!!
    She mentioned twins, military, famous sportsman, luck and good health.
    She mentioned going to the US, boat and horses!!! - No idea.
    She mentioned a loyal husband but i was going to have an affair!!!
    Going to die at the age of 84.

Now the other two girls were she was good. I mean GOOD and what she said actually came through. She was commenting that within a year X was going to happen and it did. She was very precise.

I reckon she gives a general spiel if she cant see anything. I think i may go back and she if she gives the same lines. Wont tell her thou. Am i nuts or what???
    hey i didnt realise the interest people have in all this..i myself do readings.trained in shamanism/if anyone has any interest.not happy get ur cash back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

biscuitbum wrote: »
    hey i didnt realise the interest people have in all this..i myself do readings.trained in shamanism/if anyone has any interest.not happy get ur cash back

Hi,

I don't mean to come across as cantankerous now (and I'm guilty as charged of going OT in threads myself), but this thread is a discussion concerning the merits of The White Witch in Cobh, or her lack thereof. It's great that you do your own spiritual readings and shamanism, and what-not, and that you're apparently providing an honest, above-board, individually-tailored service in which you subsequently have justifiable confidence, but this isn't the place as such for utilising the evident failings of another psychic/medium/reader/whatever as convenient leverage for your own service.

Again, I don't intend to be mean-spirited and I'm not trying to discourage or disparage you, but there are more appropriate places for the above. Tbh, there should be specific threads designated for each province (Ulster, Connaught, Leinster, and Munster) where people offering services in each region are free to talk about what exactly they provide, with their contact details garnered via a link to their personal site (if applicable), or via PM...

i would agree with u 100% on that. like,she was sh/ite wi me and my ex gf but i still cant figure out for da life of me how she was dead on in getting the exact ages my mate first got married and when he got divorced :confused::confused:
    and he never told her he had been married before either or nothin,so its very weird
    but our own readings were sh/ite

[quoteLCDeelite/]Annette Singleton in Cork city, or Stephanie in Cobh instead...So, the overall verdict is that Annette is very, very good. She's also a genuinely lovely person.[/quote]

i never heard of annette singleton until u mentioned her recently but ill take your word for it. stephanie doesnt get as talked about as much as the white witch but she should because shes deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

[quoteLCDeelite/]Annette Singleton in Cork city, or Stephanie in Cobh instead...So, the overall verdict is that Annette is very, very good. She's also a genuinely lovely person.

i never heard of annette singleton until u mentioned her recently but ill take your word for it. stephanie doesnt get as talked about as much as the white witch but she should because shes deadly[/quote]

Could someone please pm me with stephanie's and or Annette Singleton's number as I have heard all good reports about them! Where in cork city is she based? Rory bates is by far the best one I have been to he ios based in clonmel but is so spot on with everything even down to names places and times it's scary!! His number doesnt seem to workin unless he is taking a break from the whole thing but he is unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Sinall, what sorta things did she tell u (w/o goin into too much detail) that u thought were "very accurate"? Im curious. Honestly,she didnt tell me or my gf at the time anythin that we thought was accurate, but Id be interested 2 hear the general sort of non-cold-reading-garnered stuff she told u.
    Sorry for taking so long to reply on this! Things that she told me that were accurate were health related (I'm asthmatic) and family related (childhood stuff and death of an uncle). She also said that I was "torn between two countries" - but that was more of an educated guess - I grew up in the UK and still have a slight English accent!

The rest of the stuff is identical to stuff she has told other people. I should be married now with two babies and will have famous sporting sons etc etc! None of the predictions she made for my life have come to pass, it was only stuff in my past that she was accurate about. Apparently I will also save someone from an earthquake!!!

Sinall wrote: »
    Sorry for taking so long to reply on this! Things that she told me that were accurate were health related (I'm asthmatic) and family related (childhood stuff and death of an uncle). She also said that I was "torn between two countries" - but that was more of an educated guess - I grew up in the UK and still have a slight English accent!

The rest of the stuff is identical to stuff she has told other people. I should be married now with two babies and will have famous sporting sons etc etc! None of the predictions she made for my life have come to pass, it was only stuff in my past that she was accurate about.

Yeah thats like what we were saying that she can get a couple of things spot on about people and then tell them goobledegook. It's funny how a fair few 'psychics' seem to be very good at getting past details right. Ive heard that about Eddie/EP Christian - excellent at the past, sh!te on the future. But then people think that 'Oh they were amazing on my past, so they'll also be amazing on nailing my future'. But it's easy to understand why people would think that. Of course, theres a very small minority of psychics in this country who can get both right.
    The White Witch sometimes get at least one thing about the past of a person right, very rarely she gets something right about the person's future or she just makes a balls of future predictions
    Apparently I will also save someone from an earthquake!!!

Oh christ I'm laughing so hard at that right now. :pac: I'll tell you what though.. I was reliably informed that she has predicted that there'll be an earthquake in Tramore either a year or a couple of years from now (cant remember which year), and shes been tellin people that they'll be part of the rescue operation when it happens!! Obviously they laughed.
    I know someone who knows about all this sh!te (earthquake in Tramore prediction) and who also knows a geologist. Funnily enough now,she (the geologist) said that it isnt unlikely that Tramore will get an earthquake because of the earth platelets forming a sort of junction point to another platelet around that area. Something like that. Im no expert,but apparently it isnt as stupid as youd think. The Witch must have been swotting up on geology lately. :pac: But to be telling a fair few randomers that they'll all be part of the rescue effort is really stupid. She probably thought she'd chance that 'prediction' because any people from Cork who come to see her would only be down the road from Tramore.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dumbblonde122

Blackwater wrote: »
    Hi theu there,

Have been to Helen several times years ago, thought initally she was good but been to much better since...found two great readers in Cork can give you their no.s if ye want to email me. One lady reads tarot and spirit cards if you want then. Very accurate and good value for money
    livingquarterslq@yahoo.ie

Hi there, can you pm me the details of the two readers you thought were very good please

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 naughty1

does anyone have a phone number for a fortune teller in cobh called stephanie. she's meant to be really good! Or anyone else who is meant to be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Princess J

Hi,
    could anyone please om me numbers for good people to go see in the Cork area, although I have a car and will travel for someone really good.
    My mother usually does my tarot cards once a year but I'd love to get some kind of reading from someone else.
    Thanks
    J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Hi I would also really appreciate it if someone could give me an no. for someone good in Cork. Stephanie or Annette Singelton. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LarissaM

im from cobh myself, i went to see helen a few years back, everyone said how great she was... but it wasnt untill last week when i was standing in line to see gypsy rose lee at the cobh regatta, i ended up talking to the girl in front of me... helen came up in conversation and we both realised she told us the same things..

-i would have my first child at 32... try 19 helen girl!!
    -i would have a foxy grandson in military and he'll go bald...haha
    -i would live by the sea... what a guess! we live on the same island!!
    -i would live in a semi-detatched house, that is true but sure that could apply to ANYONE...
    -i would be top of my business and have plenty of houses...HA!!

she didnt charge me at the time, she didnt charge any kids from cobh only adults, and i think it she done it so the word would get around, kids would believe anything, i cant describe her other than strange she is ment to be going out with a worlock (whatever that is) and hes creepy looking too. dont go to her, shes a waste of time and just draws on your hands..haha thinking back now its fairly funny, were still waiting for the cathedral to fall down hahahaha she's a gas woman and thinks very highly of herself, maybe she looked into the psychic thing a bit too much....!!
    but gypsy rose lee is very accurate id reccommend her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shellybeans06

Hi there am planning on seeing a psychic with a few friends who would you recommend and would anybody have the number of stephanie in cobh or annette in cork city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shellybeans06

Hi there, just wondering if you got stephanie or annettes number would be interested in going to see them. Thanks

LarissaM wrote: »
    im from cobh myself, i went to see helen a few years back, everyone said how great she was...

I don't know where people get these ideas that she's "great" at what she does. I just think that there are some stupidly gullible people out there who idealise and embellish their experiences with some 'psychics'. As Ive said myself before, I thought Helen was sh!te when I went to her with my ex-gf for a reading. We both did. She told us feck all. I only know one fella who said she got something right - correct ages of his marriage and his divorce - and LCDeelite knows of one person who was given accurate predictions. That's it. I dunno why she has got her great reputation because shes crap
    but it wasnt until last week when i was standing in line to see gypsy rose lee at the cobh regatta, i ended up talking to the girl in front of me... helen came up in conversation and we both realised she told us the same things..

A familiar story. :D

-i would have my first child at 32... try 19 helen girl!!
    :pac:
    -i would have a foxy grandson in military and he'll go bald...haha

Foxy and bald,Jesus she honed right in on the vital specifics :pac:
    -i would live by the sea... what a guess! we live on the same island!!

Heh heh, Helen was on fire on the day of ur reading. Genius prediction!
    -i would live in a semi-detatched house, that is true but sure that could apply to ANYONE...
    -i would be top of my business and have plenty of houses...HA!!

Ah, another familiar yarn
    she didnt charge me at the time, she didnt charge any kids from cobh only adults, and i think it she done it so the word would get around, kids would believe anything, i cant describe her other than strange she is meant to be going out with a warlock (whatever that is) and hes creepy looking too. dont go to her, shes a waste of time and just draws on your hands..haha thinking back now its fairly funny, we're still waiting for the cathedral to fall down hahahaha she's a gas woman and thinks very highly of herself, maybe she looked into the psychic thing a bit too much....!!..

Yeah he's an American bloke (the warlock). He lives there permanently I think,and they just meet up there or he comes to Ireland. I've heard he's a lot older then her, like 79 or something. Christ,what do the passport control people think when they see him walking on through and showing his passport(weird lookin warlock that he is and all)? :D Did she 'predict' the Cobh cathedral would fall down , as well? She leaves no stone unturned predictions-wise!! Why would the place fall down like? When was it that she said it'd collapse btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rue

Helen B the Elder White Witch of the Isles is an amazing witch - she does in fact know many things others of her kind never came close to knowing.

Having many readings around the world leads me to know that she is a rare jewel in the magical world of knowings.

You must go to her with a desire to know more of yourself, you must not block her visions by being closed to her info. - if you go with an open mind she can see clearly what others never came near to guessing!

I met her in St. Pete Florida when she was on a vacation - I had not spoke a word of myself nor my life and she took my hand and told me things no other could have known.

Here is my thought - because she is so informative it might be best to make sure you are not having others listen into what could be a very private bit of info about you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Whats an elder white witch?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yawhyawh

HI,ME & MY SISTER WENT TO SEE HELEN IN COBH LAST YEAR..SHE SPENT HALF HOUR WITH MY SISTER AND THEN 20 MINS WITH ME...WE WHERE INVITED INTO YOUR KITCHEN IN HER HOUSE....
    ME SISTER SAY SHE WAS OK...BUT I THOUGHT SHE WAS ****..SOME THINGS SHE SAID WHERE ODD
    AND DIDNT EVEN CONFER TO ME...

SO I WASTED €50 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yawhyawh

my sister knows helen and knows some friends that went to see her and all said she was no good at all.even i thought she so not good...and iv being to many witchs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Came on here coz I was gonna ask for Helen Barrett's number but having read through the posts the general consensus seems to be that she talks through her a**e!
    So if anyone could PM me the numbers of that Stephanie one in Cobh and Annette Singleton in Cork I'd appreciate it coz they seem to be getting much better reports.
    Cheers.:)

Advertisement