Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Spotted a Boardsie earlier. It was a young lady cycling a black Giant Bowery (Caroline) going past Myos in Castleknock shortly after 2 o'clock. Sorry it was too late to give a beep or a shout out the window. She wasn't wearing any Boards attire though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    Spotted a Boardsie earlier. It was a young lady cycling a black Giant Bowery (Caroline) going past Myos in Castleknock shortly after 2 o'clock.
    Wow ... I am spotted even trying to cycle incognito ... you know the pressure of being famous.
    She wasn't wearing any Boards attire though.

Actually ... I was wearing the Boards cap :)

Wow ... I am spotted even trying to cycle incognito ... you know the pressure of being famous.

Actually ... I was wearing the Boards cap :)

respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Wow ... I am spotted even trying to cycle incognito ...

Happened to me the other day in Phibsbobo -was waiting at the lights and someone (who I didn't recognise!) shouted out "Tiny!"

I hope it wasn't a comment on me though....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I wave and beep at Boardsies but they see the taxi and ignore me.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »

the feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

You need a Boards sticker for your car, cos when a taxi beeps at me I assume it's not cos he likes me!

Raam wrote: »
    You need a Boards sticker for your car, cos when a taxi beeps at me I assume it's not cos he likes me!

you know they don't see you......you're too skinny

you know they don't see you......you're too skinny

pot-kettle.jpg

pot-kettle.jpg

I was in a gym before and they checked what % of fat was in my body. It was a massive 1%. So I am infact a fatty.

• Advertisement

I was in a gym before and they checked what % of fat was in my body. It was a massive 1%. So I am infact a fatty.

I feel obese reading that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Where do I get a sticker?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭bananamansgay

saw my first outside my office across from the garage on ringsend road last week. single speed messenger

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Off-topic, but that's wrong, surely, or else I'm missing the joke. According to Wikipedia (yeah, I know)

"Certified personal trainers will suggest to male bodybuilders that they should aim for a body fat percentage between 2–4% by contest time.[6] Getting to this level usually requires a carefully planned and implemented exercise program, specific and carefully monitored variations in fluid consumption, energy intake and macronutrient ratios, sodium and potassium, and sometimes also use of ointments and alcohol".

Lumen wrote: »
    Off-topic, but that's wrong, surely, or else I'm missing the joke. According to Wikipedia (yeah, I know)

"Certified personal trainers will suggest to male bodybuilders that they should aim for a body fat percentage between 2–4% by contest time.[6] Getting to this level usually requires a carefully planned and implemented exercise program, specific and carefully monitored variations in fluid consumption, energy intake and macronutrient ratios, sodium and potassium, and sometimes also use of ointments and alcohol".

What can I tell ya...I'm a freak:eek:.

It was about 10years ago and I only weighed about 8 stone then. I didn't even know they could measure this. All I did was stand bare footed on some machine and it measured it. The instructor was a bit surprised also.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Happened to me the other day in Phibsbobo -was waiting at the lights and someone (who I didn't recognise!) shouted out "Tiny!"

I hope it wasn't a comment on me though....

Actually, I think that was me. I was wandering down NCR and noticed your bike at the lights (obviously you were attached to it at the time). I knew that I'd seen it before but it took me a second to recall that you'd posted images of your rather beautiful single-speed Mercian on boards. It suddenly hit me that staring fixedly at a bloke on a bike might be miscontrued: hence my shout out. It is a lovely bike though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

rflynnr wrote: »
    Actually, I think that was me. I was wandering down NCR and noticed your bike at the lights (obviously you were attached to it at the time). I knew that I'd seen it before but it took me a second to recall that you'd posted images of your rather beautiful single-speed Mercian on boards. It suddenly hit me that staring fixedly at a bloke on a bike might be miscontrued: hence my shout out. It is a lovely bike though...

Ah! Your arm ok? I noticed the sling...

It is indeed a tasty steed sir, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Thanks for asking: the arm is getting there. The sling has been largely unused for the past two days but, as I've torn a ligament in the shoulder, I'll be off the bike for another five weeks which is a bit of a killer. (Especially as I took delivery of a cargobike for moving around the kids last week - will post photos as soon as I get my sh*t together camera-wise.)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

So who's the Cervelo TT bike riding boads.ie bibshort wearing cyclist in the Phoenix Park yerterday evening.

Sweeeeeet machine! I hope its in the 'images of beauty' thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

happygoose wrote: »
    So who's the Cervelo TT bike riding boads.ie bibshort wearing cyclist in the Phoenix Park yerterday evening.

Sweeeeeet machine! I hope its in the 'images of beauty' thread!

Hi. I was in parl yday at 5, wearing boards bib tights. assed by a uy on a white and red tt cervelo (stunning bike). Dont recall that he was wearing boards shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Doesn't Bambaata have a P2?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Actually, I saw that kid/cargo bike crossing O'Connell st bridge yesterday at around 11:30 or so. Going at a bit o speed, looked good !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

el tonto wrote: »
    Doesn't Bambaata have a P2?

Checked images of beauty.
    That was the bike that passed me y'day.

about 12.50 heading southside past Connolly Station in Dublin today. Glasses and brown pants I think. I couldn't see the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Seeing boardsies all over the place! On Saturday near Cloon Woods saw two lads (one with the full boards.ie kit) flying past, then today saw a tall roadie with long sleeve boards training top off Baggot St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Saw 2 guys having a break at the monument in Aughrim (Wicklow) Saturday at 3pm. One in boards.ie kit. Beautiful day for a spin!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Clanbrassil / Patrick Street this morning. Blue backpack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

david wrote: »
    Saw 2 guys having a break at the monument in Aughrim (Wicklow) Saturday at 3pm.

Someone alwys lets the team down.... no breaks allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

BeerNut wrote: »
    Clanbrassil / Patrick Street this morning. Blue backpack.

That was me. And for good measure:
    mikemac wrote: »
    I saw a boards cyclist on a racing bike about 2 weeks ago on the South Quays in Dublin. Poor guy nearly got knocked down by a moped when it moved across him into the bus lane.

Some impressive swearing ensued. :pac:
    Don't know what poster it was though

Me.
    CyaL8r wrote: »
    I've spotted a boards kit in East Point Business Park. Seen him a couple of time. I think he usually has a blue backpack on aswell

Me.
    Spotted a Boardsie leaving East Point at about half five this evening. I beeped but was ignored.:(

Me. (Sorry Hermy.)
    Mairt wrote: »
    Seen another..

Yesterday evening, black bike (couldn't see manufacture) full mudguards and full BOARDS.IE gear down Fairview, North Strand and into Amiens St..

Since I was in my car I couldn't get his/your attention to say "HI"..

But "HI" all the same.

Me. (Hi Mairt.)

I seem to have been reduced to counting sightings of myself to convince myself of my own existence.

Advertisement