Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Victor_M wrote: »
    It supposed to be Here's what I saw that is really fast/Rare/Expensive today.

Good point, we're way OT R.O.R.

More droolworthy cars please!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

No offence but what the hell are you putting a bog standard A4 on the HWIST thread? If I was to take a pic of every car I saw and stick it up this thread would be locked in no time.

It supposed to be Here's what I saw that is really fast/Rare/Expensive today.

Seriously tractors and A4's this place is going to the dogs.

The tractor was to add to the humour of the fact this place was going to the dogs. I haven't seen a new model Sline A4, so ya, it's rare for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

No offence but what the hell are you putting a bog standard A4 on the HWIST thread?

This is NOT a standard A4. If you count something with close to €20k of extra's on as standard - what the hell are you doing in the motors section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

Is that meteor grey or quartz grey R O R?

Meteor

• Advertisement

Is that meteor grey or quartz grey R O R?

That's Meteor. The Lava Grey that came at the same time looks a lot nicer.

I thought you said you were getting quartz? I have quartz coming hopefully early next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

R.O.R wrote: »
    This is NOT a standard A4. If you count something with close to €20k of extra's on as standard - what the hell are you doing in the motors section?

If you count a standard car with a ball of extras as "special", what the hell are YOU doing in the motors section?

Biro wrote: »
    If you count a standard car with a ball of extras as "special", what the hell are YOU doing in the motors section?

This is pretty special. I deal with bog standard cars everyday so know something out of the ordinary (another 6 A4's and an A3 arrived at the same time). The thread title is "Here's what I saw today" - I saw this today and it's more than likely the only Irish S-Line A4 until Dirty Oil Burner imports his.

Apologies if you've seen one before - I haven't and I'd be surprised if AudiChris has seen an A4 with interior & exterior S-Line packs.

I haven't and I'd be surprised if AudiChris has seen an A4 with interior & exterior S-Line packs.

Nope. Apparantly they're common-ish in the UK but are really quite rare here.
    That'll change if imports continue the way they are though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

In fairness, its just another A4 ... If I seen it on the road I wouldn't be bothered to even look twice. nevermind post a pic up here..

I like the colour though. Had it on a prev car and it was a bit*h to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I've no photos, but saw a silver 09 Range Rover Sport in City Centre yesterday evening. I remember someone posting an excel sheet here saying LandRover only sold 1 car here or something, may be this was that car..! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Excuse me, and I don't mean to take this OT any more, but I don't care if someone stupid enough to put 40K worth of extras into a bog standard A4(even though 20K of extra's in a boggo A4 is worthy of a trip to St. Pat's in itself), unless it's and S4/RS4 or better it has no place here.

I would suggest you have no place in the motoring section if you go all fuzzy over 2.0 TDI's or 2L t's

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Colour is doing it loads of favours!!

Finally, a new A4 with wheels that fit it.

Ya you're right

Yawn,,,,,:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

FFS this thread has really hit rock bottom

Funxys cars appear in every few weeks and theres a ritual that goes on everytime they do:
    • first somebody says "those plates arent legal, the owner is a complete tosser"
    • then someone will start a thread on octane.ie saying "there talking about funxy on boards.ie again! lets go and start a big argument"
    • then steve06 will post here jumping to her defence in the hope that he'll get another spin in her lambo if he stands up for her - sure he'd probably take a bullet for her if she let him drive the thing
    • then everyone calms down and someone says "shes a real car enthusiast, so what if she has dodgy plates" and all is forgotten
    • a week or 2 later funxys lambo/lotus/tvr is posted and we go through the same process again

and lads less of the everyday audis, regardless what the extras on the car cost - i see merc s-classes with 30k worth of extras all the time so should i post about them??

and please stop with the "is that audi a5 meteor grey or quartz grey?" discussions...

sorry for the rant, just saying what most of us are thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

tdc wrote: »
    [*]then someone will start a thread on octane.ie saying "there talking about funxy on boards.ie again! lets go and start a big argument"
    [*]then steve06 will post here jumping to her defence in the hope that he'll get another spin in her lambo if he stands up for her - sure he'd probably take a bullet for her if she let him drive the thing

sorry for the rant, just saying what most of us are thinking

Just to let everyone who may be thinking the same know. I am a regualr on Octane. Indeed there was a thread started there last week when i was personally insulted twice by a boards poster. Not surprisingly some people came to my defence which is more then can be said for any mod on boards. Steve is a friend of mine who i actually met on boards.ie not on octane. He is a regular poster here and i am sure if someone was having a go at your friend you might stand up for them? I never even got a chance to defend myself last time around and i can't hold my tongue on this one.

Octane.ie is an enthusiasts site and 2 times in a year a thread has been started about people attacking others on boards.ie. I am sure as you and many other know it's not the most friendliest of places. I would still like to be a part of it but obviously over time it is becoming more apparent that octaners are not welcome here. Can't we just get over this already and talk about cars :confused:

Funxy wrote: »
    I would still like to be a part of it but obviously over time it is becoming more apparent that octaners are not welcome here.

I don't think the begrudgery has anything to do with the fact that you, or anyone else is on octane.ie. I personally, and i'm sure this goes for everyone else on boards.ie don't hold grudges against other posters who are on other forums. I'm on plenty of other forums, and there seems to be alot of lads likewise on here...

Fairly sure i'm on octane as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

right boys and girls ..cleaned up the thread a bit (deleted some non car related nonsense)

You can now post again, under the following conditions:

- the funxy argument stops here, everybody had their say, we're done !
    - the Audi S line argument stops as well
    - nobody opens any-spin off threads any time soon

Basically, continue as normal ...post what you saw, as the title says.

I'm very tired of having to clean up this thread every fortnight. Anyone deviating from the above conditions will receive a one month ban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Not the greatest pic and I'm sure that there are many already posted here but I drooled as I saw this one parked up outside the office yesterday. It must have had a recent waxing as it was absolutely spotless and shining. Those two Golfs are in good company...

73010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

boratjy9.jpg

saw this at an offlicence near my dads house.

Check out the Model name on the car... BORAT

• Advertisement

Check out the Model name on the car... BORAT

I've been threatening to do that to a friend for a few months now. He was checks his car everyday:P

The T can be bought in Halfords. €3 though lol

I thought I'd see what kind of HWIST cars I could come across by doing a quick lap of the industrial estate before home time.

Not a bad haul...

Cayman S

3287544661_800869376e.jpg

Classic VW Camper - tasty!

3287546005_b35c07a2f2.jpg?v=0

3287547453_fbb84f8a93.jpg?v=0

3287549223_ccd8577cdf.jpg?v=0

Morgan

3288370144_fe29ea5474.jpg?v=0

3287553561_b25e0e8932.jpg?v=0

Some sort of Lancer?

3288376694_09692f21d6.jpg?v=0

And this beaut is a Merc G-Wagen, except it's actually a Daimler Puch in Left Hand Drive. Quite a rare machine!!

3287554949_94ba4f14d8.jpg?v=0

3287556453_43070cf95c.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

AudiChris wrote: »

3287554949_94ba4f14d8.jpg?v=0

Why didnt you take a pic of the tasty GT turbo behind it. Much better :eek:

No matter what I do, there's always someone moaning...
    Not my kind of car, that's all!

I know who owns it, so if you want close up pics it can be arranged.
    If you want pics of my mate draped seductively across the bonnet, that'll cost you extra :p.

Can somebody please tell me how to upload pics into posts? it wont let me copy and paste them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Can somebody please tell me how to upload pics into posts? it wont let me copy and paste them?
    Here you go:
    How to post pictures in thread.

puertobanusjanuary20090ik1.th.jpg

puertobanusjanuary20090ik1.th.jpg

puertobanusjanuary20090hy5.th.jpg White Bently Continental GTC

puertobanusjanuary20090yx7.th.jpg Pink Puegeot 307cc

puertobanusjanuary20090kt1.th.jpg Porsche 997 Turbo

puertobanusjanuary20090hj3.th.jpg Vanquish

Puerto Banus January 2009

puertobanusjanuary20090zs0.th.jpg

puertobanusjanuary20090jm4.th.jpg

puertobanusjanuary20090vx7.th.jpg

puertobanusjanuary20090nf4.th.jpg

• Advertisement

I don't mean to take this OT again, but Jesus man... post 12!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement