Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

General Motors Talk Thread

Options
  • 17-02-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

I think since HWIST is going down hill because of general motors talk and for various other reasons, I think this type of thread is long over due is it not?

Mods etc. opinions first, then talk away:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

Could anyone tell me how to upload images from py picture album into a thread? Iv done it before but cant seem to get it? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'd say you're right, talking & OT bickering is ruining the "flow". I don't think this'll stop it though - as long as someone gives an opinion, someone else'll shoot it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

HWIST

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I think since HWIST is going down hill

...says the man posting pics of tractors ....

:D

peasant wrote: »

Ahh now i get it:D

Here's What I Saw Today

D'oh:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

ok what is HWIST???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Thought this was a thread about GM... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Seen as its a general motors talk thread...

We got a BMW 330d Auto back off lease yesterday, quickest car i've driven in a long while.....Anyone fancy it??!:D

Gor a nice VECTRA back too... A 1.9CDTi SRi. Nice yoke to go too..

Thought this was a thread about GM... :confused:

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Mods etc. opinions first, then talk away:D

I think that if you read the thread thus far you will agree with me that a "general talk" thread is never going to work :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Could anyone tell me how to upload images from py picture album into a thread? Iv done it before but cant seem to get it? Thanks
    Here's our tutorial thread over in Shooting:
    How to post pictures in thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

From the other thread...
    R.O.R wrote: »
    This is pretty special. I deal with bog standard cars everyday so know something out of the ordinary (another 6 A4's and an A3 arrived at the same time). The thread title is "Here's what I saw today" - I saw this today and it's more than likely the only Irish S-Line A4 until Dirty Oil Burner imports his.

Apologies if you've seen one before - I haven't and I'd be surprised if AudiChris has seen an A4 with interior & exterior S-Line packs.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing special about an S-Line. I saw a Titanium Mondeo the other day, should I go back and take a pic of it and post it up? We'll have highline Golf's next...

I think there's a line there between remarkable/rare and droolworthy.

Is it a new model drummerboy? m sport? i use to have a 06 330d m sport auto thought it was a rocket untill my mate got a 335 and chipped it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Seen as its a general motors talk thread...

We got a BMW 330d Auto back off lease yesterday, quickest car i've driven in a long while.....Anyone fancy it??!:D

Gor a nice VECTRA back too... A 1.9CDTi SRi. Nice yoke to go too..

both sound promising........ lets see in today market I think €2.50 should cover both of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

AudiChris wrote: »
    I think there's a line there between remarkable/rare and droolworthy.

Definitely, but a model spec on a standard car, no matter how rare, is not worthy of a post in that thread. S-lines will be littering the place in another couple of years, it's only a trim level.
    Something like the A3 you posted where the customer actually had to make a specific request for a colour not normally in that range is noteworthy, but a trim level on a car is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Biro wrote: »
    From the other thread...

I'm sorry, but there's nothing special about an S-Line. I saw a Titanium Mondeo the other day, should I go back and take a pic of it and post it up? We'll have highline Golf's next...

Titanium Mondeo is a standard model in the line up - nothing special about that unless it's blue with a blue interior (been there, done that).

S-Line models are not available in Ireland hence the rarity.

Is it a new model drummerboy? m sport? i use to have a 06 330d m sport auto thought it was a rocket untill my mate got a 335 and chipped it :(

No she's an SE. Seriously quick yoke to go! The manager was driving it yesterday without the traction control on... Needs new rear tyres now....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I always wanted to say, how much I hate these stupid safety belt warning lights and beepers in modern cars. They drive you nuts! You only want to drive a car 20 meters on the forecourt, and the whloe thing starts beeping like a heart rate monitor in a hospital.

• Advertisement

Thats her alright.. Decent enough bus. If only i had the funds...:(

If only i had the funds...:(

Just looking at the ad make me think the same:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

peasant wrote: »

I was bringing the thread back on topic. First one i saw in that thread, so indeed it's rare :P Jaysus you'd get picked up on anything around here:P

Drummerboy, who's incharge of taking ye're pictures? Love to kick them up the arse:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Cosmo K wrote: »
    I always wanted to say, how much I hate these stupid safety belt warning lights and beepers in modern cars. They drive you nuts! You only want to drive a car 20 meters on the forecourt, and the whloe thing starts beeping like a heart rate monitor in a hospital.

Stupid warning sounds and lights. I drove a 5 Series last week, with low washer fluid, low petrol, no seat belt on (It was a drive across the forecourt), and there was a blown bulb. I **** you not, the car did this :

Bong. Bong. Badaling. Bong. Badalingbadalingbongbongbong.

I felt like getting some C4 and just blowing the damn thing up. Badaboom! :D

ned78 wrote: »
    Stupid warning sounds and lights. I drove a 5 Series last week, with low washer fluid, low petrol, no seat belt on (It was a drive across the forecourt), and there was a blown bulb. I **** you not, the car did this :

Bong. Bong. Badaling. Bong. Badalingbadalingbongbongbong.

I felt like getting some C4 and just blowing the damn thing up. Badaboom! :D

Was in a Mondeo before with a lad who refused to put on his seatbelt with that beeping noise. Combined with the poxy indicator noise i nearly jumped out the window!!:P

Bloody toyota's are the worst. Doesn't give you a second's peace when you set off and just gets louder and louder, faster and faster.

By the time we get from the front of the building to the back and parked it's almost deafening.

I was bringing the thread back on topic. First one i saw in that thread, so indeed it's rare :P Jaysus you'd get picked up on anything around here:P

Drummerboy, who's incharge of taking ye're pictures? Love to kick them up the arse:D

Why you say that Limerick man....;)

Why you say that Limerick man....;)

Is it you?
    *puts on big boot*

• Advertisement

Is it you?
    *puts on big boot*

It depends*....

I may or may not have been sick for the last week.

What have you spotted?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement