Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that are a total waste of money

Options
1235»

Comments

:eek: HOW?
    The advantage of having a father who is a gadget man.He gets bored very quickly.When I got my first phone,the only person I knew with a mobile was my dad.Was about 7(1993)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭chrissb7

a sandwich from a shop really though over a fiver to get one measly ham sambo......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

chorus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

my broadband connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Elephant Monkey

beertons wrote: »
    Income tax, tv licence, car tax, health insurance, and coffee in a place that serves you a cup of foam, for €3.50.

Ask for your coffee with less foam! Or just get a late, its pretty much a cappuccino with less foam and no chocolate sprinkled on it!

The reason for the foam - it acts as an insulator and helps retain the heat of the liquid, allowing it to stay hotter longer (from Wikipedia)

Tadaaa!

SKY+ HD with full HD lcd is amazing and a huge difference in quality!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

994 wrote: »
    Tell her to f-off, it's his and your life, has she decided how many grandchildren she wants you to pump out too??

oh shes told me not to have any kids that shes enough grandchildren... i dont kno if she was kiddn or not but i was fair pissed off about that

Oh hed discrace the family if he didnt- his mams v holy:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

oh shes told me not to have any kids that shes enough grandchildren... i dont kno if she was kiddn or not but i was fair pissed off about that

Wow. I don't even know what to say to that. :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Mosse /Denby Dishes
    Print newspapers
    New Cars
    Wedding Dresses

she can't be that holy if she's telling you not to have any kids :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Acacia wrote: »
    Bottled water.

Definitely a waste of money.

Water Filters in areas with decent water filtering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    So the recession is here eh? And isnt it just all a focking shambles?

Anyway, is these crunching times what do you think is a total waste of money?

For me:

Curries far too expensive so I have learned how to make a proper curry myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

One thing I've always wondered is why anybody spends money on jewelry.

It doesn't even do anything! Complete waste of money.

And what a lot of people consider to be 'art'. Yeah, a lot of that 'art' stuff is really just a load of expensive bollix. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Bottled water, weddings in general, Diesel jeans, printer ink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Bottled water, weddings in general, Diesel jeans, printer ink.

Petrol jeans are better value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lord Akkarin

coal and blocks for the fire are now a no no :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    So the recession is here eh? And isnt it just all a focking shambles?

Anyway, is these crunching times what do you think is a total waste of money?

For me:

OTT weddings. Go to the Registry Office and have a weekend in Donegal to follow.

Boy Racers. Whats wrong with a 3 grand car?

State of the art HDTVs Can you really tell the difference enough to justify the extra cost between that and a normal one?

Sky +. No explanation needed.

Any herbal. alternative, holistic, homeopathic therapy or drug. There are a load of charlatans charging 50 quid an hour for utter sh!te.

Organic food. Meh. Grow your own.

Extended Warranties. Just say no.

Pets.

3 grand, that's a lot of money to spend on a car in this current economy... we will all be driving old banger's like we used to before the celtic tiger came along.. ye, those were the days

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

CamperMan wrote: »
    3 grand, that's a lot of money to spend on a car in this current economy... we will all be driving old banger's like we used to before the celtic tiger came along.. ye, those were the days
    I WAS GONNA SAY WUDNT YA GET AWAY SPENDIN LESS THAN A €1000 ON A CAR. SHUR WHAT IF ITS A HAPE, GET YA FROM A TA B? ASLONG AS IT HAD THE NCT, ISNT IT GRAND!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

cars. cars get you from A to B and you can get decent ones for 4,000 to 10,000. i wouldn spend a cent more. people who go off and spend 25,000 on a piece of tin should be shot.

YDMHSSB wrote: »
    people who go off and spend 25,000 on a piece of tin should be shot.

what about people who buy a brand new Veyron. what should be done to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

ayapatrick wrote: »
    I WAS GONNA SAY WUDNT YA GET AWAY SPENDIN LESS THAN A €1000 ON A CAR. SHUR WHAT IF ITS A HAPE, GET YA FROM A TA B? ASLONG AS IT HAD THE NCT, ISNT IT GRAND!

Please refrain from using txt spk or using all caps. It's hard on the eyes/brain. Thanks.

• Advertisement

higgo1888 wrote: »
    Advertising Visit Ireland ads on RTE.

Advertising the ESB on RTE. It's not like you have a choice.

javaboy wrote: »
    Please refrain from using txt spk or using all caps. It's hard on the eyes/brain. Thanks.

But so is bold

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

towel401 wrote: »
    But so is bold

Then don't make me use it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

our government!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

Pat Kenny that fecker is getting close 1 million from the tv license....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Fancy toilet paper - you're literally flushing money down the toilet.

Stop using literally when it's not literal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Condoms...Just get a plastic bag and stretch your willy into it so it looks like a condom!

Spirits in clubs... Buy a decent pair of boxer briefs and throw a nagan into them...No risk of watered down vodsky then:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

lucylu wrote:
    ;58700928]Mosse /Denby Dishes
    Print newspapers

+1

Considering what they valued as "news" 6 hours ago has been since updated on a free web site since Im surprised that a major newspaper hasnt gone bust every year for the past few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Legal representation is often a waste of money. Or so I hear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement