Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do women think men want?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wibbs wrote: »
    I have a mild form myself and I write loooong winded posts, usually free of spelling mistakes.

There's only one "o" in long. ;)

A_SN wrote: »
    On a side note, this forum should have a sticky about the proper use of your/you're, their/they're/there, than/then. And apostrophes. :D
    shellyboo wrote: »
    I think we're among a small minority of people who actually give a crap, lol :)

Well now we have a small minority of 3. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

St Bill wrote: »
    I think men want a woman who's her own person. A woman whose life is complete without having a man by her side. I think it's such a waste of hope and happiness when a woman feels unfulfilled because she doesn't have a man in her life (crappy Hollywood movies have a LOT to answer for :mad:)
    There, there, there's nothing wrong with being a spinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well I'm surely not representative of anything, but I have to say first of all I really don't want a mommy-like woman. However you'll have to infer what I want from what I don't want, cause I know what I hate better than what I do like ;). I don't want a control-freak, i.e. someone obnoxious who needs to bend you to her will, I don't want a submissive woman who'd let me push her around and be my sort of house slave, I don't want a drama queen, or a screamer (the kind who pierces your eardrums when she's frustrated over something), I don't want a follower, i.e. a girl who'll gladly stay in her man's shadow.

I'd rather want someone who's more like my equal, who's first my best friend, who can express her feelings spontaneously (and that's actually an uncommon thing, at least in my experience), someone who can keep it up in a discussion and talk about more than mundane stuff, someone who has views on sex compatible with mine (i.e. someone who thinks fornication is just about genitals going in and out of each other is a no-no), a bisexual woman is preferable (any straight guy who disagrees must be out of his mind hehe), someone who has compatible views with me (i.e. I couldn't be with someone who wouldn't shut up about Jesus of Nazareth or someone who only thinks of earning money and spending money) and, generally someone who's interesting to spend time with and that I have feelings for, I couldn't be or stay with someone with no wit, no mind of her own, no curiosity, no real sense of humour or no goals really.

I hope that that answers to your question :).

I always thought my French was good enough for a foreigner, but from the quality of your English in that post I want to cry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

There, there, there's nothing wrong with being a spinster.

What's with the nasty post? I must've posted something before that you happened to disagree with to get you this riled up

What's with the nasty post? I must've posted something before that you happened to disagree with to get you this riled up

I suspect that was meant as a joke and The_Minister forgot to add a ;), :P, :) or :D to the end of his post. Of course I have been known to be wrong. It was in 1981 iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

snyper wrote: »
    your making it sound like i fancy one particular person.

Id leather anything.
    I feel so special... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

Piste wrote: »
    I always thought my French was good enough for a foreigner, but from the quality of your English in that post I want to cry :(
    There there, lol. You can't really compare because for one thing English is grammatically awfully simple, we're pushed into being good at it as a necessity, and then thanks to the prevalence of the American culture and, to a more general extent, the Anglo-Saxon culture in France, it's much easier to fully immerse yourself into that. You always hear songs in English on the radio, and lots of shows on TV (mostly since the days of satellite television) aren't translated, and all the interesting stuff on the Internet is in English, so it makes it all easier to learn English, on top of providing a large incentive. When you think about it, it makes you wonder how come anyone else in France sucks at English. I'll blame it on English being a Germanic language while French is a Latin language, which explains why the Spanish and Italian also have a fairly bad English, while the Germans excel at it.

If it can make you feel better, my Spanish sucks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

:o
    I'm sorry.
    It was meant as a joke, I thought the use of a retro term like spinster indicated that.
    Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

:o
    I'm sorry.
    It was meant as a joke, I thought the use of a retro term like spinster indicated that.
    Sorry.

Unfortunately I just saw red when I saw the word spinster! My temper gets the better of me sometimes :o

I love a happy ending :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Zaph wrote: »
    Well now we have a small minority of 3. :)

And now their is 4 of us'. ;)

And now their is 4 of us'. ;)
    Yay! I propose we found the Grammertickle Nashanull Sawshaliss Partea! Together we can bring a final solution to that epidemic of bad grammar and spelling! By posting forum stickies and stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Women like order and direction in their lives and will look to a man to provide that.

CDfm wrote: »
    Women like order and direction in their lives and will look to a man to provide that.

Here, you'll need this

MICH-Helmet.JPG

And this

image.php?productid=16144

Good luck!

Zaph beat me to it. I was about to express my prediction of your impending flaming ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

yep that can happen sometimes you need someone to be wrong so that you can point it out to them and in the process of explaining it to them clarify your own decision and logic for it.

the order comes from getting the man to tow the line and the direction is clearly not his cos he keeps going in circles.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    yep that can happen sometimes you need someone to be wrong so that you can point it out to them and in the process of explaining it to them clarify your own decision and logic for it.

the order comes from getting the man to tow the line and the direction is clearly not his cos he keeps going in circles.

that is quite mean.

like telling a guy his robe is really yours and wearing it every morning.

and that all matching sox in the house are your bedsox and his particularily expensive lambswool pairs you wear to make your snug gone to sock heaven.......

men dont like that.

time to fess up Thaedydal

that is quite mean.

and ?

pff just get two the same but in different colours, that's that easily solved.
    and that all matching sox in the house are your bedsox and his particularily expensive lambswool pairs you wear to make your snug gone to sock heaven.......

Nah I prefer funky stripey fluffy socks for my toasty warm toes when relaxing.
    And if he wants his socks matched up he can do them himself.
    men dont like that.

Oh some do.
    time to fess up Thaedydal

To what exactly ?

Oh some do.

To what exactly ?

being a sockiopath

and perpetuating the myth about seperate coloured robes is well girlie

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

that is quite mean.
    All the best women are mean. A man of your calibre should know that.
    A man who owns a 'robe' is a wuss anyway.
    Statements like that make me wonder about your home life. It must be odd. Ive never been to snug gone to sock heaven. Is it nice there?
    men dont like that
    I daresay aborigine men, jamaicans or basically any man in a warm climate couldnt give a rats ass about lambswool socks. And thank you, I always wondered what kind of man bought expensive lambswool socks anyway. Never met one before.
    This myth has been about a while. After initial years of optimism and hope with her man, a woman usually discovers the only order a man takes note of is last orders, and his direction is questionable, given he cant even pee in a toilet without missing.

• Advertisement

Seperate colours does not mean pink and blue, but can be black and grey or red and navy.

And I am female and have some girlie traits. :P

And I am female and have some girlie traits. :P

you can rehabilitate yourself by posting that you believe in the manflu and that all men with manflu need to be pampered:D

Oryx wrote: »
    All the best women are mean. A man of your calibre should know .........
    This myth has been about a while. After initial years of optimism and hope with her man

I bet you even use your mans razor and probably dont replace the top on his cleanser after using it either and think nothing of it.

A real man needs his comfort and is unashamed of looking and feeling good.

You seem the type of woman who never puts the toilet seat back up after using it -yet complains. Thats like complaining you havent won the lotto when you havent bought a ticket.

you can rehabilitate yourself by posting that you believe in the manflu and that all men with manflu need to be pampered:D

lollers, all men suffering from man flu need to be sedated so that they shut up moaning and whining.

You seem the type of woman who never puts the toilet seat back up after using it -yet complains.
    Hallelujah! Why do some women complain that they have to put it down when we have to put it up, and on top of that we're expected to put it back down?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

lollers, all men suffering from man flu need to be sedated so that they shut up moaning and whining.

lolol Panadol night ftw :D
    and on top of that we're expected to put it back down?

After you've cleaned everywhere you've splattered due to your dreadful sense of direction please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

same thing as women.

they don't have a clue.

nouggatti wrote: »
    After you've cleaned everywhere you've splattered due to your dreadful sense of direction please :D
    Well I make it simpler, instead of lifting it up, peeing everywhere, cleaning up, putting it down, I just pee everywhere and clean it up. "Cleans" the seat at the same time :D.

There is the toilet seat and there is the LID.
    You are ment to close the lid before flushing.

• Advertisement

There is the toilet seat and there is the LID.
    You are ment to close the lid before flushing.

Oh, that? Nah, I like everything in the toilet bowl to be sprayed around the room when I flush :).

Advertisement