Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    First one and this one have only the name in common, different developer, different game engine, different game completely. Ubisoft own the name which is why its being used.

Btw, the developer of the first one was Crytek who now develop Crysis.

Oh!

I didn't know this. I think Crysis is okay. Thought the same of Far Cry so was going to give this a miss. Might pick it up on Friday. Pity Ubisoft won't let steam sell it to EU countries. Could've just preloaded it on steam then unlocked on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Auvers wrote: »
    I see it has just been leaked and cracked

arrrghhh must fight the temptation as I have it pre-ordered

don't lie, you where downloading it in the background as you typed that comment :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

L31mr0d wrote: »
    depends, what does the rest of your system look like? what resolution will you be gaming at?

well i have 4 gigs of ram,gtx 260,core 2 quad Q9300@2.50GHZ and vista 32bit,and I have 22inch monitor.

well i have 4 gigs of ram,gtx 260,core 2 quad Q9300@2.50GHZ and vista 32bit,and I have 22inch monitor.

should run fine then, I'm guessing you'll be gaming at 1680x1050. Have heard people having issues with the game defaulting to windowed mode in Vista though. Could be a problem with the game not supporting some resolutions or refresh rates.

Just get the latest graphics card drivers before playing the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cool thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Lets not advocate, support or promote piracy. Aside from the legal implications - and I realise no links have been posted - it's harmful to the industry.

To be fair, as you say no links have been posted. If you ignore torrents or ask people not to talk about them, then the problem isn't going to go away. People will make up their own mind. Not going to bore the tits off any one by saying any more

Anyways, I've been checking out the reviews for this, it does seem to be pretty good.... but with so many other choices, its very difficult to decide to get it or not, at the moment!

It does look promising though! I think my strategy will be wait until the end of November and decide when all, or most of the big titles are out. If only that money tree had grown....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    To be fair, as you say no links have been posted. If you ignore torrents or ask people not to talk about them, then the problem isn't going to go away. People will make up their own mind. Not going to bore the tits off any one by saying any more

It's more a case of protecting this site from being shut down as opposed to trying to cut down piracy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

think with the money tree in the autumn season at the moment ill have to take a weeks rent of it

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm glad to see my 4870 will run this nicely. Great card btw if anyone wants to know. Great value for the price too.

There's a great benchmarking utility bundled with this game called "FC2BenchmarkTool.exe" it's in the bin folder of the game directory. It's nice to see that they are actually bundling these now rather than running the game and wondering how your PC will perform.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Maximilian wrote: »
    I'm glad to see my 4870 will run this nicely. Great card btw if anyone wants to know. Great value for the price too.

Me Too:D

Me Too:D

I'm not glad to see my 4870x2 performs exactly the same as the 4870 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

At the begining of the game You choose which player You wish to play as from a choice of about 8 players, ones an Irish guy called Frank Bilders from Fermanagh

FarCry22008-10-2216-47-28-73.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

<snip>

It runs nicely enough on my 8800GTS anyway, everything set to very high with a couple of things on ultra high... Hell of an improvement over Crysis Warhead anyway!

Yes, I've it running with everything on Very High @ 1920x1200 with a little AA even. Runs beautifully.

Some Screenshots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yes, I've it running with everything on Very High @ 1920x1200 with a little AA even. Runs beautifully.

You have it already? Whats your opinion of the gameplay? Is it "immersive"?

I think it's amazing. Finally there's a game that beats Half-lifes intro :) It's just looks f*cking brilliant! Haven't played it enough to comment on the gameplay though. I'll post again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

How is the gameplay Pog?

Trust me, believe the hype, Fan-fúckin-tastic :D

Not been this excited in ages. Lovin it. Not that far in2 it yet tho, but so far its gripped me

Gotta go............

Edit, just before I go back I have to comment that the aiming with KB & mouse is very good, its what i was kinda worried about since its comin out on consoles. Feels right, easy to play, but not too easy, COD4 standards IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

The game is amazing! I'm a little unsure why it has the far-cry name though, I'm failing to see any similarities between the two games.

• Advertisement

the people that have the game,where did ye get yer copies from? pirate versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

BuddhaJoe wrote: »
    The game is amazing! I'm a little unsure why it has the far-cry name though, I'm failing to see any similarities between the two games.

Beside the name :p

Unfair i really really want to play its been a extremely long time since iv played a engrossing FPS!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is there a way to not get killed at the very start? Or do you just take your medicine?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is there a way to not get killed at the very start? Or do you just take your medicine?
    I think the idea is that that is what starts you off with your first missions. I tried it twice and died twice. If I ever get a god mode cheat I'll let you know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

AARRGGHH. Want! Is it out tommorow or friday? I'm thinking of trading in it's dumber, more explody cousin Mercs 2 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Friday.

Play.com shipped my copy. I can wait a week for a 35euro version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Just started playing it now, looks very promising. Lovely lighting and graphics, more impressed than i was with crysis. im getting 40-50fps on max settings (i think) @ 1440*900 on a 4850 with no AA
    Thats just in the starting area though, not in any big firefights yet.

Only problem is i got these very noticeable jags along some horizontal lines, its in a lot of my games(BF2, mass effect) dunno whats up with that, maybe just coz its 1440

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Spunge wrote: »
    Just started playing it now, looks very promising. Lovely lighting and graphics, more impressed than i was with crysis. im getting 40-50fps on max settings (i think) @ 1440*900 on a 4850 with no AA
    Thats just in the starting area though, not in any big firefights yet.

Only problem is i got these very noticeable jags along some horizontal lines, its in a lot of my games(BF2, mass effect) dunno whats up with that, maybe just coz its 1440

Force VSync in your graphics cards settings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Didn't even know about this game until a few weeks ago. Too many other games!

Is it available as a direct download on the PC? and would it be better in every regard on the PC vs 360? (assuming enough specs to play smoothly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Soby wrote: »
    Publication Score
    Eurogamer 8/10
    GamesRadar 9/10

IGN 8.4/10
    Official PlayStation Magazine (US) 9/10
    Official Xbox Magazine 9/10
    PC Gamer UK 94%
    PC PowerPlay 10/10
    seems all good bar IGN and Eurogamer. Gonna read their reviews see what they didnt like about it

What is so bad about 8.4/10 and 8/10 ??

They are still really good scores,

Looking forward to getting this on Friday,

Have just about resisted the temptation to just d/l it.

Advertisement