Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Does anyone do this course and want to tell me about it?"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Anyone doing Criminal Justice Studies in Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sweet16yiskah

aNyone who's doing Hotel and Restuarant management or Culinary arts or any course connected on this area..??/

can u help me pls..!! tell me what you think about the course and would this course give you loads of job opportunities after college..?//

Particularly in Shannon College in hotel and restuarant management..!!!
    can u tell me your experienced in Shannon.. the course... etc.. anything about the course and the school..!!!

thank you very much..!!

can u pls PM... me your answers...or email me.. at jessicadude_15@yahoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

business and law ? ( or do they even go together)

in ucc /Tcd anybody ?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Sorry if mentioned but:

History, Politics, Sociology and Social Studies in UL
    Primary Teaching Mary I
    European Studies UL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 crammer123

hey is anyone doing a FINANCE degree in NUIM or FINANCE AND ECONOMICS in UCD?? i would really appreciate some info..

or anyone doing economics in an arts degree in nuim or ucd either? thanks!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I may have said this already but if you're all waiting for information on courses, I recommend going to their college websites, finding the course page - and the email of the course head will be clearly printed on there: give them a line and ask them the important questions. I got loads of feedback when I did that for my own course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 suprfantastisch

If anyone wants to share the joy on Medicine I might have a listen.

Talking directly to the colleges always makes me feel as if someone is attempting to seduce me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Space medicine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

Have applied for Financial Services in NCI... anyone any opinions on NCI? I've been to the college open day and that and I know the prospectus inside out... just like to hear other peoples opinions on it.

For anyone wanting to go to UCD... all I know is my sister absolutely loves the social life there. She gets on particulary well with the Agri Science crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Event management in DIT anybody?

Or History in UCD?

Or Arts in UCD?

Or commerce UCD?

Sorry about having so many but this thread seems like the best place to ask. :]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

I know someone who dropped out of second year DIT event management. She said it's a very boring course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

i'm think midwifery in TCD. i put down primary teaching in CICE too but i'm in pass irish so my chances there are slim to none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

Em_2008 wrote: »
    Anyone done Multimedia Applications and Web Design in IADT? im really interested in it :) oh or Business n Computing in DIT :) thanks!

Yes i am! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Can anybody tell me what modules are on the International Business with Japanese in DCU and also how many hours a week that course is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Anyone doing English Lit. in TCD? Or Film Studies in TCD? Or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

I'm thinking of doing electrical and electronic engineering in UCC i have heard that the course is impossible but i love electrical physics. I hope this and a C3 in honours maths is enough to get me through the course. opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

anyone aiming for veterinary in UCD this yr???

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

Charlie 22 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing electrical and electronic engineering in UCC i have heard that the course is impossible but i love electrical physics. I hope this and a C3 in honours maths is enough to get me through the course. opinions?

My friend is doing that now...he got a B1 in his LC and failed first year...he did no work though. So maybe if you put in some work you could be alright. You'd need to be pretty good at maths though to study engineering...I'm presuming

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I'm in first year in Froebel at the moment, brilliant course...miles better than St Pats! Give me a shout if anyone wants to find out anything about it!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

second year radiography here. A really good course just pm me if you have any questions related.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Polarity wrote: »
    Anyone doing a physics degree? I'm thinking of doing Physics with Astronomy and Space Science in UCD (either that or Medicine). What kind of opportunities are there for employment or further research? Also, what's the maths like? I find LC maths to be a real slog at times.

Started off in TP and transferred to Maths and Economics (both in Trinity), to be honest first year physics is pretty boring, and you'll have seen a lot of it before. TBH though if you find maths at LC hard, forget about it(not trying to be condescending).Maths at school is so basic an introduction to college level it's a joke, and getting an A1 in LC is no decent indicator. I found maths at school a bt of a joke and the same with physics but you will have to work at them in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 meanoiX

cabla wrote: »
    DCU business 425

im hopin to do this course too. i cant wait. hope i get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Jayage

nerdysal wrote: »
    Have applied for Financial Services in NCI... anyone any opinions on NCI? I've been to the college open day and that and I know the prospectus inside out... just like to hear other peoples opinions on it.

i'm in NCI its a handy college if your living in Dublin.
    i love this college friendly and is really small campus so you get to know everyone but big enough to have everyone in it :)

although i'm doin Computer Applications & Support (Yr2 atm)
    i've not really heard alot about the business side of the college(well havent really asked)

so yeah to anyone else that wants to know about Computer Applications & support just gimme a PM:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jenfiction

I tried out Business, Economics and Social Studies in Trinity. It wasn't right for me but I'd be happy to answer any questions!

I'm looking at Media Arts at DIT. I'm torn between that and Communications in DCU. Any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭goodgodholmes

Hey, I know you already read my previous post, but here goes!

Communications is a fantastic course and I'd really recommend it to anyone. I can't really fault it to be honest.

Media Arts is very similar, but with a language, I have a friend doing it and she loves the course too. I would recommend Communications because I think it's more recognised in the media industry than Media Arts, and also, DCU is amazing craic!

Best of luck deciding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

any kind digital media design folks from UL around to tell me bout the course? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 emilyc

Anyone doing multimedia in NUIM or DCU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

Anybody studying spanish in college?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Da Bomber wrote: »
    Anybody studying spanish in college?
    was thinking of but went for chinese instead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ck1989

emilyc wrote: »
    Anyone doing multimedia in NUIM or DCU?

Yup, I've only got multimedia in NUIM on my cao so far, waiting for the change of mind option to come in, not paying extra now to fill in the rest. :) But yeah, DCU a close second.

Advertisement