Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with local Sergeant/Inspector and Superintendent

Options
  • 15-05-2007 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi, Just wondering how long it took you from the time you first applied till you graduated. Would welcome a private chat sometime.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭geo1212

freddiew wrote:
    Hi, Just wondering how long it took you from the time you first applied till you graduated. Would welcome a private chat sometime.

Applied the day after the original adverts in the press, around august I think. Passed out 15-12-06. The application process happened pretty quick, I had the initial call three days after the application, then gr2 arrived the next day with the local Sgt. Had the interview and entry test about two weeks later, followed by the medical few days after that, then another interview with a Super a day or two after that. Started actual training about three/four weeks after initial application I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭freddiew

Hi, I am going to see Super. next week and then medical, I wonder if we did interview and test in dublin around the same time then, seems ages now.

Hi Ian, I have to see the Super. first and then wait till they call me for medical. Was your test a cartoon about a Fire.

Hi again, yes 1:30 did we speak i winder while waiting for interview, I went first, did you say you were studying this year. Are you around Rathgar area. I think the delay is until the Super, sees us then depending how long they take to send remarks back to HQ, some are quicker than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭iandromiskin

freddiew wrote:
    yes 1:30 did we speak i winder while waiting for interview, I went first, did you say you were studying this year. Are you around Rathgar area. I think the delay is until the Super, sees us then depending how long they take to send remarks back to HQ, some are quicker than others.

Hi. No I didn't really speak to anyone really, maybe except one person just to break the tension. I'am from Dromiskin in Louth too. I remember sitting in the middle row about three seats from the front. I was wearing a black suit, red hair (probably gelled), goatie beard thing freckles, and I was carring a computer bag and a copy of the Indo. Ps I'am 34.

God it already sounds like were in and I'am giving you a description of a suspect !!!.

• Advertisement

Hi Ian, tks for that no it wasn't you.

I had my interview today with the Super. in Pearse Street, they have 13 Garda Reserve already and that's where I would be. He was really nice and I am really looking forward to get through the Medical and down for the weekend to Templemore.

Well I am waiting to be called for my Medical as I have been for the Interview with the Super. and everything went very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 on standby

Is there anyone waiting for a medical in the dublin area who has already been interviewed at their local station. My interview in the station was in July and i presume my next step is a medical and i am just curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

on standby wrote:
    Is there anyone waiting for a medical in the dublin area who has already been interviewed at their local station. My interview in the station was in July and i presume my next step is a medical and i am just curious to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

Yes I am, are you full time or reserve.

• Advertisement

freddiew wrote:
    Yes I am, are you full time or reserve.
    I'm reserve.
    Where in Dublin are you. Maybe its a particular area thats taking longer than others.

on standby wrote:
    I'm reserve.
    Where in Dublin are you. Maybe its a particular area thats taking longer than others.

Hi, Back in June the Serg. from Harcourt Terrace came to see me in my Apartment then I went to see the Super. in Pearse Street where I will be attached to. The Super was a very nice guy but since then nothing and I phoned and they said they were still waiting for the Agency to come back with my security check. They also said that they have to wait for a Batch of people for the medical and then it moves fast enough. I am trying to loose some weight at the moment just in case. I am 6ft but 14st would be good to loose 1/2 stone before Medical, the trouble is I enjoy my food too much and I don't smoke so the weight goes on. I will let you know when I hear.

freddiew wrote:
    Hi, Back in June the Serg. from Harcourt Terrace came to see me in my Apartment then I went to see the Super.

Hi Freddie, Ye Thats in or around he same time I met the superintendent.
    I met the Super in Blanchardstown Garda station But I don't think I would be attached their because I am local. From reading this Thread it seams that all areas are taking different time frames to Recruit. It brings back what I read in the papers at the beginning of the year. Recruitment has changed from its original formality were it was centralized but now they handed it over to local superintendents were they would be more keyed into an applicants application and community. Guess all we can do really is wait, good to see im not alone though. By the way 14 stone at six foot, I cant see that been a problem. Im 13 at 5'8 with maybe a little over the belt but never stopped me from running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 andy1971

Hi I just have 2 questions, I had an interview with the super and he informed me that reserves do not have the power of arrest? Is this true?
    Secondly, I am expecting to be called for a medical and I know that I have a slight colour deficency, now this does not mean that I cant see colours, but it says it may be a bar to passing. I wonder how much emphasis is placed on the word "may"????

andy1971 wrote: »
    Hi I just have 2 questions, I had an interview with the super and he informed me that reserves do not have the power of arrest? Is this true?
    Secondly, I am expecting to be called for a medical and I know that I have a slight colour deficency, now this does not mean that I cant see colours, but it says it may be a bar to passing. I wonder how much emphasis is placed on the word "may"????

Hi, when I had my interview the Super told me that if I arrest someone I have to remember that next day I go to court and if I have my day job then there is a problem but I know some stations have the policy that the Reserves do not arrest, leave it to the full-time but as far as I am aware yes the reserves do have the power of arrest. Regarding the colour test the onlt test I was given was a Traffic light through the screen red was on top orange in the middle and green on the bottom. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mountain Man

Did the interview, completed GR2 form and have met the local Sergeant & Super early/mid last year. So, just waiting for word on the GR2 and medical, if successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Did the interview, completed GR2 form and have met the local Sergeant & Super early/mid last year. So, just waiting for word on the GR2 and medical, if successful.

Do you meet the Sgt and the Super at the same time or do they talk to you each seperately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mountain Man

CO19 wrote: »
    Do you meet the Sgt and the Super at the same time or do they talk to you each seperately ?

Met them seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

Met them seperately.

ah, didn't realise that you would be interviewed while they were still doing the background checks, I thought the GR2 would have to check out OK first.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Hi like i said i sent off my Gr2 last sat week, is there any chance that they call peolpe for the interview with the superintindent before the Gr2 is cleared?? I also was woundering what is the interview with the super... like?? Is it the same as the first interview with the super and the public jobs person & does he ask you the ame questions??:D:D Thanks in advance;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Hi, its a little less formal than first, will be some questions , but generally looking to see how you come across and I guess with being a super they are fairly clever and would get a fair idea of what you are like even through an informal chat....as someone else said here before the Gardai learn a sixth sense for things that dont add up, therefore if you are ok and your GR2 looks like clearing you will be fine, I think at the stage of meeting super the GR2 is almost complete but not fully, I could be wrong.

Best of luck.

Just curious if you get into the Garda Reserve, then you apply for the full time Gardaí must you go through all the same tests as if you werent a Garda Resere, what i mean is must you fill out the Gr2 again, Must you do the medical again ect.......:):rolleyes: Thanks.....

Hi like i said i sent off my Gr2 last sat week, is there any chance that they call peolpe for the interview with the superintindent before the Gr2 is cleared?? I also was woundering what is the interview with the super... like?? Is it the same as the first interview with the super and the public jobs person & does he ask you the ame questions??:D:D Thanks in advance;)

just had my interview with the super, very different from the first one, more of a formal chat with him "sizing" you up.

lasted more than half an hour though, the deeper you get into the process it seems, the less you can say about it on the web..

he was very realistic about the whole thing, which was refreshing after seeing the video in garda.ie, there's more to it than showing the lovely American girls where Eyre Square is etc:cool:

I met the local seargent yesterday, went very well, does anyone know how long the wait is then to meet the superintendent??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

hi all im going to apply for the reserves, it seems to be going pretty fast these days. can you decide when the interview is, i.e. if you apply now and say i wont be available until june?

just to confirm is it

interview report writing

gr2

medical

start training???

cheers guys:)

shakin wrote: »
    hi all im going to apply for the reserves, it seems to be going pretty fast these days. can you decide when the interview is, i.e. if you apply now and say i wont be available until june?

just to confirm is it

interview report writing

gr2

medical

start training???

cheers guys:)

interview / report writing
    fill out GR2
    interview with super or inspector
    sometimes interview with local sargeant (had mine via phone!)
    medical
    start training

lehanemore wrote: »
    interview with super or inspector
    sometimes interview with local sargeant (had mine via phone!)

What does the Sergeant/Inspector talk to you about ? the same with the superintendent ? surely meeting one of them is enought also.

CO19 wrote: »
    What does the Sergeant/Inspector talk to you about ? the same with the superintendent ? surely meeting one of them is enought also.

sergeant just said he had read over the GR2 and it was fine, should be no problem etc but.......

asked me 3 times if I was sure I still wanted to go through with it??????

didn't know what he meant by it but the GRA's calling for the GR to be scrapped the following week at their conference kind of had me thinking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kilkcat

lehanemore wrote: »
    sergeant just said he had read over the GR2 and it was fine, should be no problem etc but.......

asked me 3 times if I was sure I still wanted to go through with it??????

didn't know what he meant by it but the GRA's calling for the GR to be scrapped the following week at their conference kind of had me thinking..

hi everybody,long time since i've been on board,i work nights so only catch up when its too late for every1 else to be awake.my son had medical thursday morn last,got call friday mornin to be in Templemore on week'nd 7th/8th june.:D:D:D

• Advertisement

When you have your meeting with the Sgt and Super do either of them have your GR2 form with them ?

Advertisement