Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with Ireland?

Options
124»

Comments

Linford wrote:
    Trimble? He was pretty impressive against Namibia;)
    Yea and Horgan was great against Georgia wasnt he.

Read the post. Its about getting rid of complacency and the "my place is secure" mentality.

Diarmuid wrote:
    Have to disagree here. There are so many poorly performing Irish players that it makes no sense to drop one of the few that are putting in a decent performance. Hickey or Horgan could both be replaced by Murphy
    Its about having as more attacking option at fullback rather than a reflection of the Girv himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yea and Horgan was great against Georgia wasnt he.

Read the post. Its about getting rid of complacency and the "my place is secure" mentality.
    Its a bit hard to say that Horgan is complacent when its his first game back from injury and he worked to get himself back in time.

I would leave Trimble on the bench, I just dont think he can cut it. Doesnt seem to have the speed to go outside or the strength to go inside.

My issues are:
    1) Why does O'Sullivan get O'Gara to use that useless half kick at the restarts?
    A long kick puts pressure on the winger, etc and usually results in them kicking it back giving us possession.
    A short kick allows our forwards to fight for it.
    This half way thing gives their forwards time and protection to figure out an attacking platform and I for one dont understand it.

2) Why dont the forwards hit the breakdowns/rucks?
    On Saturday they didnt commit anyone to trying to turnover a ruck, they all just stood their with their hands in the air, even when it was our bloody ball.
    Cue the turnovers.
    If they stopped hanging about in the back line and did their jobs perhaps we would have some points on the board...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

I think the Ireland camp have a "It'll be alright on the day" attitude. Namibia should have been the kick up the arse they needed. They obviously thought that it was just a one-off result, but the Georgia game has to have opened their eyes and Im expecting rather than hoping for a much improved performance against France.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

is there a rift in the camp, a falling out between the manager and players??

ala georden murphy and all that??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

neil francis said on the last word that there is a reason hickie had to retire now and it wont be known until after the world cup.Anyone any clue?

Advertisement