Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Absolutely incredible composure from Neil Flynn.
    A truly outstanding achievement and demonstration of heart and desire- we are very lucky as a county to have him.

Neil has shot the lights out in each of the games this side of the break so here's hoping we see much more of him against Meath next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Had the terrible realisation yesterday that we have way overhyped Daniel Flynn.

Neil showed tremendous composure after a very difficult week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Darragh Kirwan was superb at full forward 6 points from play on debut and comfortable on either foot but as previous posters have said what a display of courage and bravery and indeed talent from Neil Flynn to come on and win a game like that in normal circumstances is impressive but to do it after burying his father the day before is heroic stuff and no doubt his father will be looking down on him full of pride.

A huge game next week but we had 40 shots at the posts yesterday 14 wides 6 dropped short and 20 points if we half the wides like Jack O Connor said we'll be very hard beat let's get right into these ****ers next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Team to face Meath Sunday 1pm live on RTE News Now

Donnellan

Dempsey
    Ryan
    Malone

D Hyland
    Kavanagh
    K Flynn

Feely
    Masterson

M Byrne
    McCormack
    Brophy

D Flynn
    Kirwan
    J Hyland

paulie21 wrote: »
    Team to face Meath Sunday 1pm live on RTE News Now

Donnellan

Dempsey
    Ryan
    Malone

D Hyland
    Kavanagh
    K Flynn

Feely
    Masterson

M Byrne
    McCormack
    Brophy

D Flynn
    Kirwan
    J Hyland

Very inexperienced full back line is a worry they'll have to be protected I was hoping Mick O Grady would be back but that forward line will give them serious bother.

• Advertisement

Everyone of them should be absolutely ashamed of that. Played really well to build up 6 points lead at half time. 5 pathetic goals let in the second half. No brains no guts same performances year in year out miles off the pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Speachless after that. An absolute embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Same old story.

An absolute disgrace the defending was like something out of under 8s if they are the best backs in the county then i give up. Gutless pathetic unfit to wear the jersey and they can **** o connor off while they're at it as well get someone cheap to manage that shower of ****e cos they are going nowhere. I wouldnt even mind so much if meath were any good but they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

In cruise control and laughing till half time, lost the bottle after the first goal. Meath could have got another 1 or 2 aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Too many players on this team lack character when the going gets tough or indeed when we are well ahead. They just stop playing instead of battling for every ****ing ball until the final while goes. Never get complacent goes in the same breath of never losing belief and fight for the honour of the jersey you are wearing..

This is a cultural problem in Kildare. We have a poisonous culture of thinking we are better than we are and this rot must stop now. Sure we have nice footballers but what good is that without the will to go to war everytime the jersey is on.

The place to stop it is to clear out some of the old guard who have been found wanting in the past decade or so. These lads have gave service but their time is up. There needs to be a transition period to build on the recent U-20 success. This is a shining light and if this group can be brought through to achieve county success the rest of the structures will follow and finally be might have a conveyor belt of teams that believe we can win and are worth that belief.

Today was really disheartening. There needs to be meaningful change quickly. It's a big job and I don't think Jack O'Connor is emotionally invested enough in the county for it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,077 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Unreal. Not much more you can say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KildareBlue

The Kildare hurlers are 2-7 to 0-10 up against Down at half time in the Christy Ring final.

Not much between the two sides from what I've seen so far, a goal from Paul Divilly just before the break edging it for us.

Brilliant result. The goals won it for us much like in 2014.

Good win only seen 2nd half, Down really got on top but showed great determination to hang in there and knock over the few points to get over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KildareBlue

Good win only seen 2nd half, Down really got on top but showed great determination to hang in there and knock over the few points to get over the line

Yeah, to be fair to Down, they kept the pressure on from start to finish, which led to a nervy ending, but the goals ultimately made the difference. The third goal in particular from Jack Sheridan was a peach, and Brian Byrne did well on the frees.

I look forward to seeing how they'll get on in the Joe McDonagh next year.

Yeah, to be fair to Down, they kept the pressure on from start to finish, which led to a nervy ending, but the goals ultimately made the difference. The third goal in particular from Jack Sheridan was a peach, and Brian Byrne did well on the frees.

I look forward to seeing how they'll get on in the Joe McDonagh next year.

It's a massive step up for them but they deserve they were robbed of promotion before with the ludicrous playoffs it's mad to think that we are a step above Offaly in Hurling now.

Tommy Moolick joins Peter Kelly in retirement.

And Keith Cribbin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Is Tommy not very young to be retiring? Always thought he was a very good footballer. Certainly caused Meath problems any time we played Kildare

• Advertisement

Felexicon wrote: »
    Is Tommy not very young to be retiring? Always thought he was a very good footballer. Certainly caused Meath problems any time we played Kildare

Still shy of the 30 mark but has been on the go a long time. McGeeney brought him into the panel when he was still a minor and has had a few injuries. Great servant and never let the side down.

Jack O'Connor seems to fancy Aaron Masterson, Liam Power and Matty Byrne ahead of him.

Monasterevin announce Conor Mortimer as their new manager. Certainly a high profile name haven't heard of him doing anything in management before

Monasterevin announce Conor Mortimer as their new manager. Certainly a high profile name haven't heard of him doing anything in management before

Thats a big name to be getting in. Will have a tough job on his hands there. Monasterevin were shocking in the senior championship last year. Will surely be looking at getting them back up to senior

I wonder how much that is costing them ridiculous for an intermediate club

Scoundrel wrote: »
    I wonder how much that is costing them ridiculous for an intermediate club

I heard its costing them feck all and thats coming from a club member who is bound to say that

I heard its costing them feck all and thats coming from a club member who is bound to say that

They would say that but if it's true it's fair enough but my experience of these things is that a big name outsider usually costs €

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I think he lives in newbridge so the travel wouldn't be huge at least

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Keith Cribben, Tommy Moolick and now Johnny Byrne gone.. all three have been great servents but I thought Johnny might still have a lot to offer considering the great 2018 he had! Perhaps he will throw his lot in with the hurlers?

Best of luck to them all whatever they decide, they owe Kildare nothing

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,077 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Did anyone see TG4 tonight? Raging I missed it. Hopefully I catch it on repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

beertons wrote: »
    Did anyone see TG4 tonight? Raging I missed it. Hopefully I catch it on repeat.

A brilliant show, again, by Laochra Gael. He's still a giant of a man to me now. Himself and the Sarsfields footballers gave a guard of honour when my Grandad died in Newbridge and as a GAA mad Kerry kid seeing him then was indescribable. Some man.

Advertisement