Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

My cat has lost his miaow. Now he's lost it before to being outside wailing & talking to others but always came back in a few days. Now it's been fully gone for almost 2 weeks, he tries to miaow but nothing comes out, not even a squeak. He can purr but now it sounds very rusty or grating too. Will I get him something incase it's inflamed? I miss his little calls for mayonnaise :(

When you've figured out what made him lose it can you let me know. I've one here that sits at the kitchen door screaming 'maaauuuwww' at the top of her lungs....

Although on a serious note maybe get a vet to check him out. Maybe something up with his thyroid or trachea?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

aonb wrote: »
    :(
    any update?

He's home again. Yay. Spent a week in doggie hoapital but came home yesterday. He's still a little out of it and exhausted but I guess that is understandable after what he has been through. The little hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Zapperzy wrote: »
    When you've figured out what made him lose it can you let me know. I've one here that sits at the kitchen door screaming 'maaauuuwww' at the top of her lungs....

Although on a serious note maybe get a vet to check him out. Maybe something up with his thyroid or trachea?

Yea i might bring him in next week, I'll get a few videos of him trying it as well cause I doubt he'll show off his missing miaow on command!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My cat has lost his miaow. Now he's lost it before to being outside wailing & talking to others but always came back in a few days. Now it's been fully gone for almost 2 weeks, he tries to miaow but nothing comes out, not even a squeak. He can purr but now it sounds very rusty or grating too. Will I get him something incase it's inflamed? I miss his little calls for mayonnaise :(

This happened to Cream before, I though it was just from meowing outside constantly but it turned out when I brought him to the vet the poor pud had tonsillitis! A couple of days on antibiotics and metacam and he was right as rain 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Watching my 2 big boycats lining u for a serious playfight. There are strict rules and protocols but the younger one does not seem sure of them so cries off When they really get going it is like all in wrestling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yoooo! Bailey's stitches are out! He's to take it easy until the end of the week but we can finally have a stroll in the park again after 2 weeks! :D

I have discovered one down side to having the cats in a run.. we now have a nest of rats in the garden :o my neighbours don’t seem to have a bin collection and have loads of rubbish piled up and the rats have spilled over here now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

my rescue cat cant miaow. she goes through the motions, but no sound. let us know what the vet says - odd that his miaow 'dissapeared'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I have discovered one down side to having the cats in a run.. we now have a nest of rats in the garden my neighbours don’t seem to have a bin collection and have loads of rubbish piled up and the rats have spilled over here now

Oh no, that's a rotten situation. You can report them to the environmental dept of your local council. Especially before colder weather sets in and they look for a warmer spot!

Bells21 wrote: »
    Oh no, that's a rotten situation. You can report them to the environmental dept of your local council. Especially before colder weather sets in and they look for a warmer spot!

I was tempted to do that but the only problem is we’re in the countryside, they have no other neighbours besides us because they are on the corner of a cross roads so they would definitely know it was us that reported them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

I have discovered one down side to having the cats in a run.. we now have a nest of rats in the garden :o my neighbours don’t seem to have a bin collection and have loads of rubbish piled up and the rats have spilled over here now :(

Oh noooooi I’d let you borrow our rat terrier but since we got 2 rescue guinea pigs he’s confused about all other rodents. Here would that Bengalese of yours not do the job??? You could put him on a long lead, pull up chair with a cuppa and put him to work! Meeeeow

em_cat wrote: »
    Oh noooooi I’d let you borrow our rat terrier but since we got 2 rescue guinea pigs he’s confused about all other rodents. Here would that Bengalese of yours not do the job??? You could put him on a long lead, pull up chair with a cuppa and put him to work! Meeeeow

I so wanted to do that this evening but my mother wouldn’t let me, she was afraid he would get hurt! :pac: though to be fair some of the rats were half the size of him. Huge feckers!! Peach and Cream have been hyper all night, I can only imagine they smell or hear them very strongly and would love to sink their claws in!

Did anyone see the posts on FB over the weekend/last few days about the GAA club that was raffling a puppy(!) :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

tk123 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the posts on FB over the weekend/last few days about the GAA club that was raffling a puppy(!) :mad:

A St Bernard puppy at that. Like, raffling any puppy would be disgusting, but a St Bernard puppy? Really? I wonder how many of the ticket-purchasers would realise that you'd end up with a dog that could be heavier than you are.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    A St Bernard puppy at that. Like, raffling any puppy would be disgusting, but a St Bernard puppy? Really? I wonder how many of the ticket-purchasers would realise that you'd end up with a dog that could be heavier than you are.

Says a lot about the breeder too! I saw another thing on FB that said the IKC were investigating... Then I saw a story from a few years ago where another club were doing the same thing and changed their mind after complaints... is this a thing?! To raffle a pup?!?

Cooked rice etc for the dog , as a treat. You probably guessed? One sniff and she gave me her best bassett eyed stare and stalked off. ( she is a rescued bassett/.Jack Russell cross and uses both sided to great advantage) Been getting googly eyes all day..as if I am starving her!

Finally she decided to taste it and ate most of it with increasing glee.. As they say, hunger is the best sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Graces7 wrote: »
    Cooked rice etc for the dog , as a treat. You probably guessed? One sniff and she gave me her best bassett eyed stare and stalked off. ( she is a rescued bassett/.Jack Russell cross and uses both sided to great advantage) Been getting googly eyes all day..as if I am starving her!

Finally she decided to taste it and ate most of it with increasing glee.. As they say, hunger is the best sauce.

My fella loves plain rice, well he loves everything to be honest, he stole a little gem lettuce and ate it in the garden Friday afternoon.

mymo wrote: »
    My fella loves plain rice, well he loves everything to be honest, he stole a little gem lettuce and ate it in the garden Friday afternoon.

Mine is a pasta freak. Although to tell truth she does not get home cooked enough.

I finally added some.. gravy and that started the eating.

Humping! My JRT/bassett cross, female, 12 year old started seriously humping one of the cats last night. Cat is 13 and both female and neutered... Never seen the like...

The great pleasure it was to see our Mr C playing with another dog, so overwhelmingly fantastic to see it I completely forgot to capture it as no one will believe me!

• Advertisement

Just took the dog out for a "proper" walk. Been ill and then the weather... Just short walks..

One of the joys of my life is seeing this 12 year old JRT.Bassett cross take off when the gate is opened..She starts bouncing as soon as I reach for my outdoor wear....

To see her fly off down the lane, ears and tail flapping in the wind.. Wonderful !

One of the cats always joins us...

Happy day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I just went in to feed the neighbours Chihuahua. I would rather tackle 3 Rottweilers then this little white furball with fangs like dracula. He ain't afraid to show me them either, or grab me by the ankle. This ittle chap has more personalities then a game of Guess Who.

I felt like a Spanish Bullfighter trying to get him back into his pen. When I finally (after 10 minutes) got him back where he belonged, I even got a wag of his tail. Till next time Pipsqueak.............:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Knine wrote:
    This ittle chap has more personalities then a game of Guess Who.

This....this is the best description EVER. If it's not trademarked I will make use of it for one of mine 😂

Take a look at this tiny chihuahua cross we fostered for a night. Mr C was a little put out, but was over it when he found she was still with us that morning.

Small, small dramas!
    Cat extracts a part cooked carrot from dog's bowl. and starts playing MOUSE with it ( I am trying to get dog to eat more carrots)
    Dog is outraged.
    Fronts up to cat and seizes carrot, and carries it off to her bed...hides it and leaves it.

She has no interest in or intention of eating it of course.It is HER CARROT so no one else is going to have it. NO WAY

Which is where the expression "Dog in the manger" comes from of course :)

PS I have just found the carrot well chewed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Speaking of Chihuahuas... this is my favourite Chihuahua ever.

https://www.facebook.com/janeilydighet/videos/1123145297827505/

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Spent the day in Donegal and had a lovely walk on an empty beach with some friends. I let Diefer pup off lead - after years of husky ownership, I am struggling to go back to an off lead dog, heart in my mouth the whole time, but he came back every time I called and had a blast

VonVix wrote: »
    Speaking of Chihuahuas... this is my favourite Chihuahua ever.

https://www.facebook.com/janeilydighet/videos/1123145297827505/

Even that cute they still scare the bejaysus out a me, had a bad encounter with one named Oscar when I was a child... would never be able to handle anything smaller than Mr C at a steady 6.5 kg.

YOOOOOOOO :D:D:D:D:D

I nominated Irish dogs for the Disabled to win a charity grant in work and they've made the shortlist!! I hope they win :D:D:D

• Advertisement

em_cat wrote: »
    Even that cute they still scare the bejaysus out a me, had a bad encounter with one named Oscar when I was a child... would never be able to handle anything smaller than Mr C at a steady 6.5 kg.

With me it is Pekinese.. The retired nurse next door when I was a child had a ferocious snappy one and it terrified me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement