Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

Evening folks. Any suggestions as to where I can bring the car to get the A/C gas re-done? A rough price too. Its something I've never had to do before so haven't a bulls notion. Knew it was to be done and today proved it. Stupid black leather! :pac: Hope ye are enjoying the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Evening folks. Any suggestions as to where I can bring the car to get the A/C gas re-done? A rough price too. Its something I've never had to do before so haven't a bulls notion. Knew it was to be done and today proved it. Stupid black leather! :pac: Hope ye are enjoying the weather!

I think Seamus McGrath does it on Sexton st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

lads where would a man pick up a pair of waterproof pants tomorrow on the castletroy side of the city. ?

dashoonage wrote: »
    lads where would a man pick up a pair of waterproof pants tomorrow on the castletroy side of the city. ?

Co Op Annacotty

Co Op Annacotty

ya....thats a mr price now :(

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    ya....thats a mr price now :(

Oh... I didn't know that, would rarely be over that side of town. Isn't there a golf shop in Castletroy Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Oh... I didn't know that, would rarely be over that side of town. Isn't there a golf shop in Castletroy Shopping Centre.

Thats a Meadows & Byrne now - but there is McGuirks gold

Havent been in there in years, it shows.

It has really improved in the last year or so. It's a lot busier too. Jetland should really take a look at it and see how they've increased the business

Got them in sports direct in the end. Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

How is the Parkway still open. It's a dated kip.

How is the Parkway still open. It's a dated kip.

What? It's actually quite a nice little shopping centre. When were you last there, 2005?

What? It's actually quite a nice little shopping centre. When were you last there, 2005?

Today. The floor tiles are the same ones they had back in the 80's.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Today. The floor tiles are the same ones they had back in the 80's.

Which goes to show that they are a good quality tile as they are still in perfect condition. But yeah, they should probably just be ripped up and sent to landfill because they are brown.

iguana wrote: »
    Which goes to show that they are a good quality tile as they are still in perfect condition. But yeah, they should probably just be ripped up and sent to landfill because they are brown.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant.

So what did you mean? The only way for the place not to have the same tiles since it opened is by needlessly replacing perfectly functional, clearly extremely good quality, flooring. Personally (and as someone who is in the Parkway regularly) I prefer they keep their tiles than replace them for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah Dunnes Stores Parkway red & white Tiles. I remember them being there when I was a child and I see children even now jumping from tile to tile like many of us did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fussy and demanding and never ****ing happy.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So apparently there's a new statue of Pope John Paul being unveiled by Limerick Council on Bishops Quay on Monday?Like, actually WTF :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Twoman Fullbackline

Well if the recent standard of statue in the city is anything to go by it will probably end up looking like Judge from Wanderly Wagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Has to be a wind up?

I saw Nigel Dugdale's tweet. It says memorial as opposed to statue. Please don't be a statue.

its a memorial - so will be like the humpback of notre dame's headstone on Clancy Strand.

Yurt. Never in my life have I ever heard anyone say yurt unless they were referring to a type of leather tent. But apparently it's a Limerick word for yes. When did this start?

Its not a wind-up been walking past the development the last few days, they have it hidden behind screens

Yurt. Never in my life have I ever heard anyone say yurt unless they were referring to a type of leather tent. But apparently it's a Limerick word for yes. When did this start?

Years ago made famous by the rubberbandits - yurt

It's not a Limerick word really. Rubberbandits took it from tv series The Wire apparently and it's gone on from there. I never heard it until they came along either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Mc Love wrote: »
    Its not a wind-up been walking past the development the last few days, they have it hidden behind screens

Where abouts on bishop quay is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

panda100 wrote: »
    Where abouts on bishop quay is it?

If it's the picture I've attached, it's directly opposite Mill Lane

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    :o

Ah yes the good old boards attitude of 'thou shalt not speak negative of anything to do with Linerick' is alive and well.

The Parkway is dated with little to offer. I don't give a toss if people can't see that or get upset by the truth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement