Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather vs McGregor - Event Thread **MOD WARNING POST 1- DO NOT IGNORE!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Chris.

Have to say lads, I ordered a now tv box late last week for the sole purpose of watching this fight and I have to say the quality of the stream on the sky box office app is absolute quality so far, it hasn't missed a beat yet. It makes a show of ufc fight pass platform when you could order a ppv on it that is.

Even the fight thread is dead compared to a Conor UFC fight. I dont think this breaks any PPV records, people seem a tad disinterested a bit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Even the fight thread is dead compared to a Conor UFC fight. I dont think this breaks any PPV records, people seem a tad disinterested a bit.

It'll pick up in about an hour people don't want to watch this embarrassment of an undercard. Regretting not setting the alarm for 4 bells myself tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It's dead cause the undercard is not interesting........ sure the arena is still half empty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,624 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

People are in bed with an alarm set for the fight, they don't want to sit through all the drivel that is the undercard for this fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

The sky sports stream keeps freezing for me, same for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Boring fights so far probably cause so many TMT fighters they all try to be floyd running around the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

tinpib wrote: »
    I'm shocked at how quiet the arena is. I naively thought that people would want to see the undercard. I'm sure the atmosphere in the bars and outside the arena is electric.

Yeah it seems eerily quiet in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

Chris. wrote: »
    Have to say lads, I ordered a now tv box late last week for the sole purpose of watching this fight and I have to say the quality of the stream on the sky box office app is absolute quality so far, it hasn't missed a beat yet. It makes a show of ufc fight pass platform when you could order a ppv on it that is.
    I just want to buy a sky box now. Product manager by any chance?

They should have had a mixed ppv card of UFC fights and boxing fights given the demographic tuning in for this.

Davis fight should be good at least.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, thought Conor Jnr. might have sat/slept this one out.

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/901628896273096704

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

$100 for the PPV in the USA and Fight Pass has gone down.

The Sky Sports Box Office one has been flawless so far, but it is a bit of a worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Paully D wrote: »
    $100 for the PPV in the USA and Fight Pass has gone down.

The Sky Sports Box Office one has been flawless so far, but it is a bit of a worry.

I'm more worried about Dana's heart :pac:. He was already in ribbons before today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

You have to laugh at the talk about the fight being bad for boxing, the real thing that's bad for boxing is record people tuning in for a muck undercard with all these sh!theads wearing TMT.

MMA undercards are often bad on paper but end up delivering more often then than not.

Nice to be able to doze off for a couple of hours and miss nothing of note, unlike an MMA PPV undercard.

A few people told me not to miss the Jack vs Cleverly fight. It is essentially Jack hitting a punching bag with legs so far.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

This confirms boxing is ****e.

Conor will put it out of its misery very very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

A bad boring MMA fight is as rare as a good exciting boxing match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

McGregor to have a short kip before the fight, get a pep talk from Christopher Walken in a dream and then proceed to knock Floyd out in the 4th round.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You have to laugh at the talk about the fight being bad for boxing, the real thing that's bad for boxing is record people tuning in for a muck undercard with all these sh!theads wearing TMT.

Yes, Yes, and... Did I mention Yes?

Undercard fights should go the way of UFC. Less rounds. Make an impression rather than...
    Punch hold punch
    Punch Punch hold
    Hold hold hold
    Pun...
    You get the point.

• Advertisement

The Sky Sports commentary is painful. Wish we could have the Showtime guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Thank Christ that ended early. Hopefully Davis lives up to all the hype and ends it early.

Surely a foregone conclusion considering the boxing community creaming themselves over him.

Paully D wrote: »
    The Sky Sports commentary is painful. Wish we could have the Showtime guys.

Showtime's no better..............

https://twitter.com/NeilSeeryMMA/status/901623146767417344

Thank Christ that ended early. Hopefully Davis lives up to all the hype and ends it early.

Surely a foregone conclusion considering the boxing community creaming themselves over him.

He's 1/33 to win. An embarrassing matchup that fits well with the rest of this undercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Boxing is **** lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

How many fights on the undercard left guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ah McGregor shaved his head. Good or bad omen?!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ooter

daRobot wrote: »
    How many fights on the undercard left guys?

1 more then the main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

.ak wrote: »
    Ah McGregor shaved his head. Good or bad omen?!

:pac:

Good omen, he's Bruce Willis for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

He looks nervous

Advertisement