Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I will miss 'Out Ta Get Me'

'Don't Cry'

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I will miss 'Out Ta Get Me'

That was on a few of the shows on the last leg of the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Last played in Singapore Feb 25 so it could get an airing
    I wonder will they shake up the set list a bit for the European tour as they've been sticking to same set list since Apr 2016 apart from swaping around use to love her, yesterday's, out ta get me, my Michelle, patience and don't cry. Would love to hear locomotive and right next door to hell along with Think about you with Izzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

They're gonna play Appetite from start to finish, with Izzy and Mr Adler on stage with them......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'd say well get a thin Lizzy cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

D.Q wrote: »
    I'd say well get a thin Lizzy cover

I know Thin Lizzy have way more other songs, but I really want to hear Guns cover Whiskey In The Jar.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know Thin Lizzy have way more other songs, but I really want to hear Guns cover Whiskey In The Jar.

Personally I think jailbreak would suit the bands sound better
    I think around 12 today that announcement is been released what ever it is, hopefully it's something bigger than just more north American tour dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I've been avoiding all the setlists, I've no idea what they're gonna play. I have a few in my head that I want to hear and I expect most of them will be played. The one I'm doubtful of is Don't Damn Me but we'll see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

gooner99 wrote: »

I bought that magazine. There's a picture of the band with Matt Sorum from I guess the early 90s with a caption about the classic 80s lineup.

Stopped reading there.

I've been avoiding all the setlists, I've no idea what they're gonna play. I have a few in my head that I want to hear and I expect most of them will be played. The one I'm doubtful of is Don't Damn Me but we'll see :D

I wouldn't be holding my breath on them playing Don't Damn Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Announcement???

Announcement???

15 new North America dates.
    8/5 — Little Rock, Ark. (with Sturgill Simpson)
    10/8 — Philadelphia, Pa.
    10/11 — New York, N.Y.
    10/15 — New York, N.Y.
    10/22 — Boston, Mass.
    10/26 — Cleveland, Ohio
    10/29 — Toronto, Ontario
    11/02 — Detroit, Mich.
    11/06 — Chicago, Ill.
    11/10 — Houston, Texas
    11/14 — Tulsa, Okla.
    11/17 — Las Vegas, Nev.
    11/21 — Oakland, Calif.
    11/24 — Los Angeles, Calif.
    11/25 — Los Angeles, Calif.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Announcement???

More north American tour dates and announced support acts for other dates on the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

ozzy jr wrote: »
    They're gonna play Appetite from start to finish, with Izzy and Mr Adler on stage with them......

No chance dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

I'm happy with any of the songs from appetite for destruction and use your illusion 1+2 but I'd be especially happy to hear rocket queen or its so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PucaMama wrote: »
    I'm happy with any of the songs from appetite for destruction and use your illusion 1+2 but I'd be especially happy to hear rocket queen or its so easy

you won't have to wait long for that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

I really wish people would stop talking about set list , listen I know theyve only got so many albums but I really don't want to know anything about the set untill I hear it Live
    If anyone one has a problem with that Ill be at the campsite and you cant get in the ring ;)
    seriously knock it off

• Advertisement

ciantheod wrote: »
    I really wish people would stop talking about set list , listen I know theyve only got so many albums but I really don't want to know anything about the set untill I hear it Live
    If anyone one has a problem with that Ill be at the campsite and you cant get in the ring ;)
    seriously knock it off

Yeah, I doubt that'll ever happen..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »

It seems del James is at the statue as well so is it safe to assume that the whole band is here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

seriously knock it off
    Why what's the problem with it

I would just prefer going clueless as to what may or may not turn up tune wise and enjoy them as they come along. There are countless forums on the Web discussing set lists and that's great for whomever is interested but I'm not. 25 years since I saw them last, was clueless of what they were going to play then and I'd like to be the same Saturday

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It seems del James is at the statue as well so is it safe to assume that the whole band is here ?

Could be, but with Guns never assume anything :pac:

Checked Twitter, whole band are in Dublin.

I would just prefer going clueless as to what may or may not turn up tune wise and enjoy them as they come along. There are countless forums on the Web discussing set lists and that's great for whomever is interested but I'm not. 25 years since I saw them last, was clueless of what they were going to play then and I'd like to be the same Saturday

Well it's a gig, people are obviously going to guess/discuss the set, what could be played/what they hope will be played/and what won't be, isn't that what usually happens before gigs?

Also it was easier going blind 25 years ago as the internet was still in it's infancy.

Nothing to do with growth of internet, I go to about ten gigs with friends and family, speculation of songs that could be played is one thing but actually discussing sets from current tour I personally never entertain, like I've said there are specific forums for these, in this case there is a specific one on GNR Forum. Com, all power to those that what that chat but not for me.

And this is a GN'R thread.. Obviously everything about the band will be covered, and that includes current tour set-lists.

• Advertisement

Nothing to do with growth of internet, I go to about ten gigs with friends and family, speculation of songs that could be played is one thing but actually discussing sets from current tour I personally never entertain, like I've said there are specific forums for these, in this case there is a specific one on GNR Forum. Com, all power to those that what that chat but not for me.
    Well step away from the internet untill Sunday

Advertisement