Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I had a very small ew on.

Had 500 each way on myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Slattsy wrote: »
    Had 500 each way on myself.

Stay off the sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Global revival 4:55 Goodwood. had a few texts about this one, not gong to go mad though cos De Sousa's having a quiet week

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Tiga Tuan
    150 Haydock, word from normally reliable kevin ryan source

Someone I know who works in a betting office gave me the following information today and I quote it verbatim.

"A very clever man had a big bet on MYLES AHEAD 8 oc Kilbeggan this morning",i have never been given any info by this person before and I know the person a long time and I know the person does not bet.
    Make what you will of it,i had a small ew on at 10s and I believe 12s were available earlier.

• Advertisement

Someone I know who works in a betting office gave me the following information today and I quote it verbatim.

"A very clever man had a big bet on MYLES AHEAD 8 oc Kilbeggan this morning",i have never been given any info by this person before and I know the person a long time and I know the person does not bet.
    Make what you will of it,i had a small ew on at 10s and I believe 12s were available earlier.

Interesting,thanks for that
    I wonder if that very clever man is called TED !!!!

Interesting,thanks for that
    I wonder if that very clever man is called TED !!!!

Haha,I doubt it but whoever it was he was not too far wrong the horse was staying on very well when making a bad mistake at the last,lost his irons and tried to pull up the horse ,sure to have been placed and may have won but for the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

8.10bal kansas kid 9/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ballinrobe/20:10/winner

dunno where it came from tbh so tread carefully
    looked good winning a bad race here lto over a half mile shorter
    price looks fair enough to me

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

mailburner wrote: »
    8.10bal kansas kid 9/1

Form given a serious boost there by buachail maith.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

mailburner wrote: »
    8.10bal kansas kid 9/1

Looked to be going well when leading, but emptied 2 furlongs out and fell at the last when going backwards in 7th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

CH3OH wrote: »
    Looked to be going well when leading, but emptied 2 furlongs out and fell at the last when going backwards in 7th

bad tip in fairness, prob better over shorter and was never gonna win setting off at that pace imo

Casimir Road finds it hard to get his head in front and because he always tries hard gets no relief from the handicapper.
    Handler believes he has never been better and he will be trying for his life again today in the 6 50 Killarney.The situation is clouded by the fact that Empresario also runs in the same race and can run well fresh.
    Empresario has had a few problems but if fully recovered will be a danger to all.

I am backing Casimir ew and I will have a saver on Empresario if the word is positive when I get it later today and I will post it here well before racetime.

I was told that Found is expected to win the 3 40 at York today and that piece of info will not come as a surprise to anyone!
    What may come as a surprise is that Ballydoyle believe that the Frankel filly Fair Eva will have to be very good to beat ROLY POLY who is reputed to have improved again from her last run and is a very good ew bet,i have backed it at 9s ew and with a bit of money back as a free bet is tremendous value in the 2 30 York and I will be going in again at 10s which is available in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭dodzy

Good call on RP e/w ;)

Betfair SP was great, to lose by less than a length is sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭dodzy

Found.
    Lost
    :(

Waiting on Casimir@7.8......

Unable to get anything definite on Empresario though the market suggests a trier,a bit enigmatic and does not always travel well connections will wait until closer to the off before really putting on the cash and that is all I can offer so for me Casimir Road is the safer bet and I am on at 8s though I will probably have a saver on Empresario.

William de Berlais 5:40 Kilbeggan.

Short price but was told today that it should go very well. Grab the 2-1 on Bet365 atm

TheTorment wrote: »
    William de Berlais 5:40 Kilbeggan.

Short price but was told today that it should go very well. Grab the 2-1 on Bet365 atm

Sorry lads

Unable to get anything definite on Empresario though the market suggests a trier,a bit enigmatic and does not always travel well connections will wait until closer to the off before really putting on the cash and that is all I can offer so for me Casimir Road is the safer bet and I am on at 8s though I will probably have a saver on Empresario.

Runs in a flat handicap at Navan tomorrow .4.20,, 1mile 5 furlong, 16/1

Runs in a flat handicap at Navan tomorrow .4.20,, 1mile 5 furlong, 16/1

Had some minor problems,will probably not like the ground if its soft as is likely so best watched today.

EMPRESARIO is out again after his good run a few days ago when running better than expected on ground a bit softer than connections thought he required (though I am not convinced he needs better ground).

Contests a better race in Galway but if he comes on any bit from last run will have a good chance,he ran from the front the last day but tended to come from behind in the past.

I will try to find out the story tomorrow and will post here when I do.The fact that he is out so soon suggests they mean business but that is only my view and I will be more clued in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

EMPRESARIO is out again after his good run a few days ago when running better than expected on ground a bit softer than connections thought he required (though I am not convinced he needs better ground).

Contests a better race in Galway but if he comes on any bit from last run will have a good chance,he ran from the front the last day but tended to come from behind in the past.

I will try to find out the story tomorrow and will post here when I do.The fact that he is out so soon suggests they mean business but that is only my view and I will be more clued in the morning.

Trickle of money coming in last hour

EMPRESARIO doing his best,will be up with the pace again today but will kick for home early enough and hope the post comes in time.
    Will be there to be shot at but has form at Galway and for better or worse those are the tactics,i have had a good ew bet at 9/2.

LILLY BONBON is doing her best at Brighton the 3 30 and is a bit better off at the weights with a couple of these,LADS giving money back if 2nd to the fav with usual conditions and i put a few quid on ew at 11/2.

Ran no sort of race at all,maybe the race came too soon or the quirky EMPRESARIO is getting his own ideas about the game.
    Whatever the case he never could get to the front despite the jockey's urging and is probably best left alone in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Word about for Jack the wire 4:40 listowel currently 9/1 also for armandihan 1:30 ayr 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Word about for Jack the wire 4:40 listowel currently 9/1 also for armandihan 1:30 ayr 3/1.

Well done on Jack the Wire managed to get 8/1
    well backed into 11/2

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Thanks! Good roar on course for Jack the Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Thanks a million for that. Much needed. Got 10-1 but 15p rule 4.
    Brilliant tipping and Hogan rarely disappoints when he has a fancied runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Good winner alright. Shame about the rule 4 but a winner is a winner. I really taught arminahan had a great shout. He left himself way too much to do. Nice to post a winner nothing worse when they don't come in

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Good winner alright. Shame about the rule 4 but a winner is a winner. I really taught arminahan had a great shout. He left himself way too much to do. Nice to post a winner nothing worse when they don't come in

Fair play it takes balls to put one up. Was never in doubt and glad I followed. Hogan has a great record at that track.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Anyone know whether PP are open late tonight??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement