Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options
  • 05-09-2023 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭
    Snarky Snark Snark

When : Fri 16 Aug 2024

There are 346 sleeps 

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION

Loyalty Codes : These have already expired, if you did'nt use it you lost it.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/loyalty contains the details.

======

What sort of tickets are available, can I just buy Saturday?

Electric Picnic has just two types of tickets on sale

Weekend: these are the 3 day tickets, you can camp with these (The weekend tickets are split into normal and family camping)

Sunday: these are just for the Sunday, only for the Sunday, not for any other day. These are not camping tickets. These will be on sale in March(ish) 2023

There are performer/other type tickets too. EP website will likely have information on these, if it does not then well... you’ve bought a ticket that’s not supposed to be sold, not our problem (in fact, nothing is, this is all just done to hopefully provide some guidance but none of it is official so legal disclaimer over, back to sarcasm) so well done on getting a ticket and have a pat on the head/arse (I’m not fussy).

Will there be more family / campervan / non-standard tickets on release?

No, these are of limited supply and usually sell out within the first few days of ticket release.

If you've missed them then please keep your eyes on Toutless to try and pick up one at cost price.

Note: For family camping, you MUST pre-register your crotch fruit.

Failure to do so will likely result in them being placed on donedeal where you will not recoup your investment in them.

Do I need to do anything to partake of the Thursday early opening?

Yes, you need to buy an early camping pass

What do I need if I want to early camp on the Thursday in Pink Moon / other posh camping provider?

You need to buy the EP early camping pass AND an early camping pass from Pink Moon / other posh camping provider

Do I pay extra for posh camping (Pink Moon etc)?

Yes, these are separate companies providing services on site, you book for them through their websites.

Please be aware that their prices DO NOT include your festival ticket.

How do I book posh camping?

All the camping companies will have links from the EP site but these are not listed yet or the page has moved

There is a list of suppliers on https://www.electricpicnic.ie/tickets/#tickets-boutique but lord knows how accurate it is at this stage or if that URL will change over the year

They usually open booking around the same time as the loyalty / early bird tickets go on sale.

How much does posh camping cost?

Go to the EP website and camping company links, they'll have the information, this is an FAQ, not a booking agency, prepare to be brutally violated by the prices.

Can I bring my own tent/gazebo/family into the posh camping sites?

No

Can I visit my mates in Pink Moon / Harvest / Podpads etc.. ?

NO, No you cannot, they pay extra to keep the likes of you out.

How do I camp in ECO Camping?

Keep an eye on the EP website and also their e-mail shoots, they are by registration only and usually open for registration around or after the first act announcement

What sort of tent should I bring?

Get one suitable to the size of the number of people in it.

Do remember though that a two person tent also has to hold their gear and beer for the weekend along with two people so try to get a tent one person bigger than the party staying in it.

The tent below is my 4 man tent, this will sleep two people plus gear. You don't actually need to have more than this, you're going to be out of the tent all day.

For weather protection, aim to have a tent with a hydrostatic head (heh) of at least 2000mm (higher is better, even Pink Moons cheapest two man tents have a HH of 3000mm)

2022 showed the importance of a good tent, don’t skimp on it, make the investment and you’ll have something for years to come.

Also ensure that you do a dry run of setting it up and packing it away, if you've bought a big name brand (Vango, Coleman, North Face etc...) then there will be youtube videos showing how to correctly put them up, make use of them.

Please ensure that when you get home, you unpack and properly dry out your tent, if packed wet you'll have milldew and all sorts of growths and will need to replace it quicker.

Where can I get a cart to carry all my stuffs?

Halfords and other places usually have some carts but this can be variable as to what's available.

Do not buy little "festival" carts or anything with tiny wheels, they are a complete waste and you'll wind up dumping/chucking them after your stuff has fallen over for the 17th time before you've left the car park.

Remember, the car parks are just fields, not smooth wonderful skating rinks for your sh1t to glide across and the paths in the woods are uneven stoney muddy paths in woods, cop on and stop buying this stuff.

Either have a decent 4 wheel trolley or two wheel with large pneumatic wheels, bring less stuff or else get your biggest mate and just load him up like a donkey and slap his arse to get him moving.

Note : the below is what I use, it's going to its 6th year of festivals next year, it's great when it's dry and an utter disaster in the mud.

Can I camp in ECO / normal sites with a family camping ticket?

Yes, but please try and swap with some one looking for a family ticket, they are in very short supply and you'll make someones year.

Do this via Toutless

It's sold out, where can I get a ticket on resale?

Stick to Toutless and check out the sellers very carefully or else hold your nerves!

There are always tickets available in the final week and days beforehand as life happens to other people and they cannot go or TicketMaster release what ever they have left in the last few days.

It can seem hopeless but there will always be tickets.

DO NOT PAY OVER THE FACE VALUE FOR TICKETS!

Can I camp with a Sunday only ticket?

You're not supposed to.

When will the Sunday tickets be released?

Around the time of the main announcement i.e. sometime in March 2022.

These are of limited supply.

What beers are available in the arena?

Heineken currently have the contract for bars in the arena so it's their brands only which are on sale.

It's piss, actually it's overpriced piss but them’s the breaks.

You can BYOB ONLY after the arena bars close at night time.

Are there showers / toilets in the camp sites?

Yes

Can I bring in spirits?

To the campsites, yes, but they must be in a non-glass container.

Where should I park?

Unless you're early/lucky, you will not be parking in Green.

Green is now used for early arrivals, most will be directed to red.

Can I charge my phone there?

There are some phone charging stations, see EP website for details but you're likely better off bringing your own battery pack.

Some camps such as Pink Moon provide charging stations.

What's the best type of battery pack?

There are many brands and sizes, aim for 10,000 mAH or higher.

Do not buy the junk chargers that Pennys etc.. sell, they’re rubbish and you’re just purchasing immediate landfill.

Frankly, go Anker or go home.

Note: If somewhere is selling them for a fiver and there's no rating on it, do not buy it.

Most smart phones have batteries in the 2,500 - 3,000 mAH range so that tells you how many charges you will get in a best case scenario.

You cannot buy from Amazon as they will not ship to here, start looking for these at least 1 month in advance of the festival

Can I bring a bag into the arena?

Yes, but as of 2017, the queues into the arena were segregated by security depending on the size of your bag.

Even if you have a small bag, you are likely to be searched. Not having a bag does not guarantee not being searched

When will the stage times / days be announced?

Dates and stage times are not normally released until the week leading up to the event though some acts may pre-announce this on their own.

Why is the line up crap?

Because you are a child.

There's always something there for everyone, get your head out of 2FM / FM 104 and listen to other stations, recommend 8Radio and BBC R6 for a better musical education.

Don’t lift people on your shoulders in the arenas

You look like a twat and it's a pain for the more crowded shows as most of the people behind you cannot move elsewhere and are not 8 foot tall to see over you

What's the long term weather forecast?

There will be weather. No semi accurate forecast worth a damn is available until about a week leading up to it with properly accurate forecasts in the days leading up.

All that we know is that snow is unlikely and a tornado would be rare.

Anyone claiming otherwise is either a fibber or too busy poking round in chicken entrails to seek aid with their delusions.

Villan (Carlow Weather) of this parish usually provides updates that are worth a sh1te in the days leading up.

Note: Most questions that get asked every year can be answered with a quick visit to official EP Pages such as https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/camping.

Hopefully this missive will cut down on the main FAQs and allow us to bitch at each other over our respective musical tastes and judge real hard at the bukeface whingers in a more productive manner.

============================

MAPS!! - I'll put the highest resolution map I can find in G-Drive with any other useful assets : http://tinyurl.com/njhvsehm

We know there is no Silver this year and that Pink Moon are re-branding all their sites but the broad layout is the same.

update : I initially had incorrect permissions on the link, should be accessible for all now.

=============================

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND WHAT TO BRING

My Essay Of Stuffs that i bring each year

1 - Ticket, the most important thing

2 - Tent + Sleeping bag (unless you're posh camping it, in which case just sleeping bag)

3 - Self inflating mat for sleeping bag (keeps you off the ground which can be really cold at night)

4 - Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)

Note: Do not buy boots and break them in at the festival, you'll **** your feet up.***

5 - Camping chair, see #4, when you stop, you will want to rest your arse, do it in luxury

6 - Rain gear (you want to have it but not use it)

7 - Hat, I bring two, one for the sun and one for at night (no hair = v.cold head)

8 - Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!

9 - Fleece type garment for the nights (again, it gets cold down there)

10 - Plastic bags for wet gear, should the nasty happen, you will need these, also good for tent bin.

11 - Torch (I take two, a small v.powerful hand held and a head lamp type, might be overkill but it is handy), obviously most will just rely on their phones torches but this means faster battery death which makes a good portable battery bank all the more important.

12 - Spare batteries for torches, I fit fresh ones in before the weekend and keep spares in the car

13 - Microfibre Towels

14 - Beer/Spirits

Note: for spirits I just want a few whiskeys late at night so I decant my poison of choice into a metal water flask before leaving house, you don't want to be arsed with carting glass bottles down there and then having to decant. Do it at home and breeze through security.

15 - Cold bag for #14

16 - Tent food, usually just pack a box of breakfast type bars, there are so many different food offerings in the main arena that you are not gonna go hungry

17 - Portable phone charger (aim for a minimum of 12 - 15,000 mAh or higher (20,000mAh if there's more than one of you hanging off it)) and don't forget your lightning/usb-c cables

18 - Water, if you are moving all day and drinking then you need lots of water, usually pick up a 6 pack of 1.5lt bottles, 3 in car, 3 in tent (water is heavy so no point killing self carrying an extra 9kg in on top of the rest)

19 - ear plugs for sleeping at night (boots have lots of silicon/waxy types)

20 - gig/music ear plugs for those of us who don't want to go deaf

21- Cash, worth having some but the festival went completely cashless in 2023

22 - Small packets of wetwipes and or bottles of hand sanitiser to have on you all day (the sanitiser dispensers at the toilets were all pretty done in by end of Friday afternoon

23 - Packet of large wet wipes for quickie freshing up in the tent

24 - Toiletries : chapstick / skin moisturiser (you might be roughing it a little but you don't need to be roughed up), bog roll x 2 (one in tent, one in car), roll on smellies only, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, Pain killers of choice, a packet of rennie/antacid type thing and just in case a packet of immodium or cheaper generic ****stopper

25 - Factor 50 sun protection cream or spray / aftersun (I got quite burnt this year even with these!)

26 - Consumables : vitamin pills/berocca type thingy for in the morning, dioralyte for with your water before bedtime.

27 - Rubbers, you want to leave the weekend at the weekend, not have it follow you for the rest of your life

28 - sunglasses (gots to be funky)

29 - small bag for during day (do not use a big backpack in crowds, that's a paddlin)

30 - neck gaiter/warmer can be handy in the evening if it's cold

31 - camping pillow

32 - small pair of field glasses are right handy

33 - flip flops for shower time (best not to wear into the bogs though or to walk around the main bog areas in them cos squealchy)

34 - Pair of runners to be left in car, nothing beats that aaaaaaah feeling as you slide your weary feets into comfy happiness on a Monday morning before you get nicked for drunk driving which leads us to

35 - Alcohol breathalyser test kit for in the car, you get them in halfords, don't be a dick and ruin your or someone elses life on a Monday morning

36 - Ziplock bags, they keep "small things" fresh and dry and certain smells in.

If you need this explained then you may be too young to be going.

37 - Reusable water bottle, they have water stations outside all the main toilet areas, you don't need to get ripped off for 4 euro everytime you need water.

Keep hydrated at all times (makes for lesser hangovers)

And just to add a list of what not to bring or do

1 - CANDLES - be cool, don't be crispy, seriously don’t though, there was a horrific incident in Pink Moon a couple of years back. Candles and tents do not mix. Similarly for BBQs, do not use them right beside tents unless you want to hear screaming for the rest of your life. There are dedicated areas for these.

2 - FLARES - be cool, don't be shot to death with balls of your own sh1te for being "that" tosser

Some one let one off during Richard Ashcroft years ago, they and it were swiftly dealt with and hopefully hoofed out of the event

3 - GUITAR - any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te, no jury would convict the shooter, just saying.

4 - CAMERA - live the bloody moment, don't try to be Senor Speilbergo capturing it

5 - PISSING AGAINST THE FENCES - If you're male, there are urinals provided, don't be one of the feral hordes that stands next to a urinal and pisses against the wall, it's utterly disgusting

=============================

Questions on R-Word / Aphex Twin will be now be entertained as the organisers claim to have moved it to accommadate a specific act.

Post event whingin about "hello Dublin" will also be met with a paddlin, we're a piss ant country on the outskirts of a collapsing mad house next door to Europe, it's not the end of the world that the acts are not geography teachers and they're not trying to insult you, get over yerselves.

Final Note: Clean up after yourselves, don't be a dick, everyone is there to have a good time and let your Ma know you're ok during the weekend.

Final Note Note: Do a covid test before going to events like this, have a bit of goddamned respect for other people.

ave at it!

Post edited by scruff monkey on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

"Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar"

...are you saying Supergrass are headlining?! I'm in 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

If they reformed again, they'd be lucky to be mid afternoon in the EA or a later slot in Rankins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

I didn't buy loyalty for next year, what's next opportunity to buy tickets?

Snarky Snark Snark

I think they're opening for early bird on Thursday? There was sommat on the big screens on the main stage about it but to be honest, I just didn't pay attention as was already sorted for next year (if i go).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Apparently if there this year can get Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

@scruff monkey Thanks for opening up the thread and an excellent FAQ section, be even better if people read it.

General sale on Friday, September 8 2023 and there may be some for sale on Thursday. Not sure how that will work but it may be via an email from Ticketmaster to those that previously booked so keep an eye on your emails and junk folder during the week.

Posh camping also going on sale Friday morning from Pink Moon and they appear to have changed offerings and areas etc so do check things out before so you know what to look for and don't have a stroke when you see the prices. I must say its not very fair having the event tickets and posh camping tickets on sale at the same time as oy puts a lot of pressure on people to secure the event ticket and then try and get the camping one. If you have a group looking for a few tents together in posh camping you need to come up with a booking reference / note that that you all use. Do this beforehand so everyone has it and can just put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

WE LEAVE AT DAYBREAK!

(16th August 2024)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Best opening on a thread I've ever seen 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Reded

What are the chances we get better weather in august than this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

I noticed that the line up was much more aimed at the younger crowd this year. Do we think it’s going to continue this way?

Im not part of that younger crowd, but it is the first year in a while that I was interested in seeing all 6 headliners.

Snarky Snark Snark

Horrible to have to break it to you but every year that you manage to stay alive, the line up is going to skew younger.

You too will eventually find yourself as a bloke in his fifties roaring the lyrics to Nothing Matters up front at Last Dinner Party surrounded by a bunch of young wans just out of their training bras and if you age properly, you won't give a flying ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kepler21

Presumably Early Entry pass goes on sale on Friday as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Should have preceded with GENTLEMEN TO BED, FOR...

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭TenPicnics

For the purposes of the sale tomorrow, as opposed to general sale on Friday, would anyone know please if there's a special email address to use in contacting Tmaster about no loyalty email received so far, even though I have previous EPs on my account?

Snarky Snark Snark

The loyaly codes expired on August 31st.

Were you there this year? I think any comms about tomorrow would be going out to attendees for this year only.

I honestly can see them at this stage saying "soz no dice" to people who didn't actually buy the tickets due to the admin overhead it must generate.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

want to make it to page 1 of the thread !!

Was gutted not to make EP23 due to illness - haven't bought tickets yet but will at some point for 2024 hopefully on instalment

Intrigued by who main act is that 2 week switch is for - haven't been too much at main stage last couple of years as mostly not my bag so probably wont affect me anyway....unless its the R word ....

20 year anniversary so maybe get Chemical Brothers, Orbital, LCD & Bjork, and Fontaines DC to headline EA one night - we can dream right .

From feedback seen this year, could we have less food price gougery please ( this stems from cashless taking % of traders etc, how much is enough )more toilets, more cleaning of those toilets, and accept cash ya gowls !

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭TenPicnics

I had tickets but transferred to family, thank you as that explains it, hopefully they'll get the relevant email for tomorrow, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Looking at booking Pink Moon for the first time. Has anyone here every stayed in one of the Festihuts? Debating between them and the bell tents with the beds. We're a group of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

I've just tried the link in my Loyalty Discount email again and it brings me through to Ticketmaster's countdown page with only Tier 2 Loyalty Weekend, Campervan/Caravan, Weekend Installment and Weekend Family Camping on there - no sign of Early Entry Passes.

Do we dare hope that Thursday will be included this year after ATN's announcement they'd be doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kepler21

I'll log in tomorrow anyway to check, although Early Entry probably won't sell out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I clicked my link again but no mention of campervan tickets. I think there is no presale on campervan tickets.

If you get an early entry pass, can you go in early with a camper?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Dutchy

Top tip for anyone annoyed by food prices / quality this year, and something I've been doing for years -

Sliced pan, real butter, cheese & onion crisps, deli meats, coleslaw / potato salad etc

Bung all bar the bread into your cooler box and feast on either crisp / meat / salad sambos / etc for the weekend.

You'll also need to bring plastic cuttelry.

Works for me as I have a large cooler box and camping trolley with massive wheels - a good investment if you're a keen festival goer

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭keepwalking

We do a version of that, so we have something to eat first thing at least when the breakfast queues are really long. A packet of Bundys (as they have a longish shelf life), Easi Singles and a garlic or similar mayo kept in the cooler box for the weekend. Dead handy when you wake up starving! You can make it "gourmet" 😄 by adding crisps and following it up with a raisin or choc chip brioche roll - the ones from Aldi keep for ages.

Yeah , i normally keep a cooler box in my car too, arrive friday full of food, head out there in the mornings to my hang sangwedges and cheese and onion crisps , a cold can of coke , fill up on water, ( before other cold cans on walk back in), keep some snacks in tent and water ( and not so cold cans ..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I don't like sandwiches 😯 This is actually true.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Freeze a 3ltr jar for cool box, and throw cold cans in on top, then food and will keep everything cold and fresh for a few days.

Like the idea of leaving it in the car, it's quite a heavy/awkward load to bring to campsite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Any codes going for tomorrow

Advertisement