Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,597 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Crossing state lines is what makes it more serious. Looks like a deal was reached previously that ended the prior case, what that deal was though is what will be interesting.

I don’t think Roberts is a good figure head for the case. At 17+ the case with Andrew is going nowhere. It’s also at a time when the US are refusing the extradition of Anne Sacoolas after she fled the UK after killing Harry Dunn while driving on the wrong side of the road, saying she had diplomatic immunity when she didn’t. She’s just a US citizen and they won’t extradite her, Andrew is a prince, it’s never going to happen...

Why are we not hearing more from the very underage girls? Was that just Epstein involved?

I think there was countless girls involved, and sad as it may be to say a lot of them are gone on to bigger and better things on the back of what they know, they enjoyed the mega rich lifestyle the sex parties and mixing with the stars, and are still milking it.
    Most will stay loyal to Epstein even to this day. It's messed up but so so many of the girls involved will stay loyal to Epstein

Example is Nadia Marcinko

In 2015 it was reported that Marcinko, during questioning regarding alleged underaged sexual activities had "invoked her right not to incriminate herself, protected by the US constitution’s Fifth Amendment, when she was asked about the Duke of York", who was a frequent guest of Epstein.
    Marcinko visited Epstein “more than 70 times when he was in Palm Beach custody,” after his first criminal conviction.

In 2019, in written testimony given by Epstein's underage victims, Marcinko is also described as having encouraged and engaged in sexual acts with the underaged girls, sometimes involving sex toys, at the suggestion of Epstein. In one account, according to police, Epstein told one victim Marcinkova was his "sex slave", and that he had "purchased her" when she was 15 from her family in the former Yugoslavian republic

In September 2019, it was stated that Marcinko could be considered as a "victim" of Epstein, rather than an "accomplice". Marcinko's lawyers who said: "Like other victims, Nadia Marcinko is and has been severely traumatized", and that "She needs time to process and make sense of what she has been through before she is able to speak out

The girl came from nowhere to >>>> https://www.aviloop.com/ and she climbed the ladder on her knees.

Even now she is using what she knows to line her pockets and interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Sounds dramatic if you ask me. What did she do, hide under the stairs?

Ding Dong " Open up.... FBI , were going to count to 10 Mrs Maxwell"

I wouldn't believe it if it happened in the movies. I think there is a bit of journalistic license being thrown in there. I wouldn't believe an inch of the US media, completely power/agenda driven.

Its not the US media who are saying she ran from the FBI, its the FBI themselves who said it in a court deposition when arguing to the judge against her getting bail because she is a flight risk. The media just reported what the FBI agents have said before a court judge.
    The paperwork describes the day of Maxwell’s arrest at her New Hampshire home, explaining that FBI agents saw Maxwell trying to flee when they arrived at her house on July 2 before she surrendered: “The agents saw the defendant ignore the direction to open the door and, instead, try to flee to another room in the house, quickly shutting a door behind her.”

The filing also notes that FBI agents found a cellphone wrapped in tinfoil inside the house, determined to be a “seemingly misguided effort to evade detection, not by the press or public, which of course would have no ability to trace her phone or intercept her communications, but by law enforcement.”

Another new detail revealed is that Maxwell hired a private security team that included former members of the British military, who she would send out so she didn’t have to leave the house.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/07/13/ghislaine-maxwell-tried-to-hide-from-fbi-poses-clear-flight-risk-say-prosecutors/#5e5fb9434fa5
    It might be safer for her to face her charges and keep her mouth shut. This would soothe any concerns which serious underworld paedophiles would have that she might blab on them. I reckon she is thinking long term. Do a few years in prison and retire in safety. If she is on the run she is a liability to anyone who is paranoid about being implicated in Epstein's seedy liddle world.

A few years? She is facing charges of child trafficking, grooming and sexual abuse. These are very serious crimes and if found guilty she is looking at 20+ years here unless she talks and cuts a deal. She is 58 now and she risks dying in prison if she doesnt talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Are the FBI saying that going from one room to another inside a house is fleeing them? Catch me if you can it ain’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,969 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Andrew travelled on a diplomatic passport so there is zero chance of him being handed over to the US.

If it threatens to bring down the House of Windsor, he could be stripped of it to save The Firm.

They are saying they believe her to be a flight risk, which the judge accepted in denying her bail or the house arrest her lawyers wanted. They cited as reason for this being her running when they went to arrest her, her 4 million cash in the bank and foreign held passports as the other reasons.
    Prosecutors argue in the filing against Maxwell’s release, requested by her lawyers Friday, noting “glaring red flags,” including citizenship in a country that doesn’t extradite its citizens (France), apparent wealth domestically and abroad, “opaque” finances and a demonstrated skill for “living in hiding.”

Her running from the FBI when they ordered her to open the door is only a minor part of it. But it shows she knew that game was up. Also the bit about covering her mobile in tin foil is an attempt to evade it being listened in on by the FBI shows she was at least attempting to evade them.

Its just all a bit strange that she had time to get out of the US and be safe in France but didnt, thats all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Muahahaha wrote: »
    A few years? She is facing charges of child trafficking, grooming and sexual abuse. These are very serious crimes and if found guilty she is looking at 20+ years here unless she talks and cuts a deal. She is 58 now and she risks dying in prison if she doesnt talk.

Can't really see any of the charges sticking, which is what confuses me most. I mean, I can fathom an overzealous FBI prosecution team beefing up charges and insinuating she resisted arrest. But they will struggle to convict her on any of the other charges for real.

The prosecution are going to have to prove that she was complicit with child trafficking. Apart from the affidavit from Jane Doe filed in 2020. That claims she was involved in sexually assaulting her in 1994. What exactly is a "key role " and how can you prove an accusation that is 26 years old? I am not saying it is not true btw, what i am saying is how are they going to prove it?

Which goes back to why i find her arrest and incarceration so puzzling. Any evidence is purely circumstantial and based on drummed up accusations from the last 18 months pertaining to crimes that occurred decades ago, it seems very systematic. Way too much smoke invented by an ambitious prosecution team clutching at straws. If she doesn't get off I would be surprised. At some stage there has to be a statute of limitations on what is bona fide testimony and what are the ramblings of a 39 former model who is looking for a book deal?

I am not defending her btw, but I would rather see people convicted of actual crimes and not just contrived conspiracies invented by a system, that is what we are looking at here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Neyite wrote: »
    For her youth alone she might have stood out, and he may have had a further shock at realising her function at that party was to service rich men? He's got a daughter who was born in '96 so it's possible he was shocked and disgusted and he's never forgotten what she looked like. I don't think it's fair to say that every person attending those parties had prior knowledge of the activities there especially with under-age victims, and there were probably lots of men who's reaction was revulsion and disgust but they were stuck on an island owned by a powerful billionaire so it's not like they could call a cab and slope off quietly.

Exactly! Her sheer youth could have easily made her stand out. And I think people are clouded by her present day appearance because she has gained weight. But it looks like she had a great figure back then. I don’t get the idea that the only person who would be memorable would have to have model looks. People stand out to me for all kinds of reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,569 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Zebra3 wrote: »
    If it threatens to bring down the House of Windsor, he could be stripped of it to save The Firm.

no way she gives up her favourite child

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Exactly! Her sheer youth could have easily made her stand out. And I think people are clouded by her present day appearance because she has gained weight. But it looks like she had a great figure back then. I don’t get the idea that the only person who would be memorable would have to have model looks. People stand out to me for all kinds of reasons.

And particularly if she was going off into a bedroom with someone who's world famous like say, Prince Andrew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭Treppen

I think there was countless girls involved, and sad as it may be to say a lot of them are gone on to bigger and better things on the back of what they know, they enjoyed the mega rich lifestyle the sex parties and mixing with the stars, and are still milking it.
    Most will stay loyal to Epstein even to this day. It's messed up but so so many of the girls involved will stay loyal to Epstein

Example is Nadia Marcinko

In 2015 it was reported that Marcinko, during questioning regarding alleged underaged sexual activities had "invoked her right not to incriminate herself, protected by the US constitution’s Fifth Amendment, when she was asked about the Duke of York", who was a frequent guest of Epstein.
    Marcinko visited Epstein “more than 70 times when he was in Palm Beach custody,” after his first criminal conviction.

In 2019, in written testimony given by Epstein's underage victims, Marcinko is also described as having encouraged and engaged in sexual acts with the underaged girls, sometimes involving sex toys, at the suggestion of Epstein. In one account, according to police, Epstein told one victim Marcinkova was his "sex slave", and that he had "purchased her" when she was 15 from her family in the former Yugoslavian republic

In September 2019, it was stated that Marcinko could be considered as a "victim" of Epstein, rather than an "accomplice". Marcinko's lawyers who said: "Like other victims, Nadia Marcinko is and has been severely traumatized", and that "She needs time to process and make sense of what she has been through before she is able to speak out

The girl came from nowhere to >>>> https://www.aviloop.com/ and she climbed the ladder on her knees.

Even now she is using what she knows to line her pockets and interests.

Just do a YouTube search for Avi loop and what comes up. Listen to this sales pitch at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,969 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Lizzie won't be around for ever.

People are thinking it'll be the trial of the century with all the Elites implicated and publicly shamed.

In actuality it'll all hinge on one person's word against another. Case closed, problem solved, tie it up in legal (yet again).

That's why she didn't need to abscond. She waited it out , got all the ducks in a row, gave assurances to those that wanted them and got prepped by her legal team.

It'll all be a damp squib for the public gallery, with just some salacious headlines for the tabloids.

I mean, if there's one person you want to control how a story plays out, Robert Maxwell's daughter is about as good as you'll ever get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Treppen wrote: »
    People are thinking it'll be the trial of the century with all the Elites implicated and publicly shamed.

Anyone that's thinking this is absolutely deluded.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Lizzie won't be around for ever.

yeah had wondered about this, good chance the queen dies in the next couple of years and Andrew might not get the same favourable treatment off a new King Charles as he does off his mother.

For brothers the two of them are complete opposites with Charles being the old fogey conservationist and Andrew the party playboy. I doubt they even get on and AFAIK its been a long long time since the two of them were even photographed together as brothers. Id imagine in private Charles is actual fuming with Andrew for dragging the royal family through the mud like this. He is the successor to the crown so he will be ultimately inheriting this mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88,121 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Her dog :D

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah had wondered about this, good chance the queen dies in the next couple of years and Andrew might not get the same favourable treatment off a new King Charles as he does off his mother.

For brothers the two of them are complete opposites with Charles being the old fogey conservationist and Andrew the party playboy. I doubt they even get on and AFAIK its been a long long time since the two of them were even photographed together as brothers. Id imagine in private Charles is actual fuming with Andrew for dragging the royal family through the mud like this. He is the successor to the crown so he will be ultimately inheriting this mess.

Although there is the association between Charles and Jimmy Saville and Peter Ball and his favourite uncle Mountbatten. That was all kept fairly under wraps.

For Andy I think it was the Shady dealings he undertook in his diplomatic role that will save his ass . Epstein was a master of hiding money for individuals and organisations and I've no doubt Andy was party to it. Stephen Hoffenburg, Epstein's first big business partner, did an interview last week on a Spotify podcast. Their sexual misdeeds are actually helping all of them because it distracts from the other shady dealings.

Talk of a secret dead man's switch is funny in a way because it's right in front of all our eyes for the last 2 years... The flight logs and Epstein's black book. Nobody on it has been quizzed about their connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A federal judge on Thursday agreed with Ghislaine Maxwell’s request to keep certain details in the criminal case against her secret — finding that information would be too “sensational and impure” to reveal to the public.

US District Judge Alison J. Nathan issued a ruling on redactions that Maxwell had asked for regarding transcripts the government filed under seal last month.

“Those portions of the transcript, which were redacted in the civil matter, concern privacy interests and their disclosure would merely serve to cater to a ‘craving for that which is sensational and impure,’” Nathan wrote in the order.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/18/judge-says-ghislaine-maxwell-case-details-too-sensational-and-impure-for-public/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭joseywhales

biko wrote: »

What insane logic is this? Transparency will somehow lead us away from the truth?

After watching the college admission scandal documentary on Netflix I wonder about all Epstein's dealings with universities and money. The guy has his paws in colleges/academics and philanthropic donations flowed through him like a running tap.

Himself, Andy and Gislane's pervy tendancies are really serving them well to throw up mud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Tell me you’ve been to Epstein’s Island without telling you’ve been to Epstein’s Island

https://x.com/LeadingReport/status/1800698597488435711

edit can't make it a hyperlink for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement