Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Sorry you didn't get sorted and didn't get a heads up that you were queuing for nothing. I do think you need to see it from staff point of view and I can tell you are aware, don't take this as a knock. It's Saturday night. They've probably been full on for weeks at this. Very little variation in the job, very repetitive. After hundreds of thousands of people I'd say they don't have enough gra to consider 25 people after a day's work. I think that's fair enough. Also if they looked after you guys tonight, 25 people tell 100 people, it turns into a mess very quickly. I hope you get sorted soon.
    Yeah as I was driving home was thinking how messy it could get for the staff alrite, there was some people waiting who looked late teens or early 20s at best and a a few who looked late 40s so without some formal queuing system how can staff give out any spares without agro with people waiting ages. It was odd how empty the place was at 3.15pm, there was maybe 15 ppl queuing and at 6pm every aisle was jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Anyone here know what time they start vaccinating in the Court Hotel Tullamore at tomorrow morning at?. I have my appointment @12 but need to be at another that I can't cancel so was wondering if they open @8am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Any 35-39 year olds who registered last week get a text yet? Hoping I get it in the next few days. Is it 4 days notice you get before the day of the jab?

Age 38

Helix, Wednesday for 1st vaccine Pzifer. Registered last Monday. Impressive turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

EDit wrote: »
    Age 46
    Registered 20th May
    Text received just now
    Vaccination 31st
    Moderna
    AIT (Athlone)

Text received yesterday for 2nd dose at Athlone MVC on Tuesday (June 29). Just over 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

spockety wrote: »
    The recurring advice on here is to show up earlier and you will not be turned away.

Not strictly true. I had my second dose at Simonstown Gael’s last Thursday week and showed up to find queues around the football pitch (over three hours in total). My wife who has some mobility issues had her appointment for Tuesday so I advised her to go early as they were obviously not checking times. She got there at about 8:30 but was turned around as her text was for 11am. Had to come back at the correct time but the queue was nothing like as bad as when I got mine done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have an appt for 3.15pm in City West on Tuesday. Unfortunately my husbands uncle passed away today and the funeral is in Waterford on Tuesday. We have a young baby and I don't have anyone else to leave her with.
    Does anyone with any knowledge/experience think if I turned up first thing on Tuesday morning at City West and explained my situation, would they accommodate me and let me in early to get my jab so I can then get home to baby and let my husband go to the funeral...?
    I'd be inclined to try anyway. If they stop you, just explain that you have a funeral to go to at the time, and they'll probably let you through.
    Worst case scenario, you get turned away and have to schedule a new appt.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Panrich wrote: »
    Not strictly true. I had my second dose at Simonstown Gael’s last Thursday week and showed up to find queues around the football pitch (over three hours in total). My wife who has some mobility issues had her appointment for Tuesday so I advised her to go early as they were obviously not checking times. She got there at about 8:30 but was turned around as her text was for 11am. Had to come back at the correct time but the queue was nothing like as bad as when I got mine done.

I think I might just reschedule, sure what difference is a few days gonna make when we can't exactly do anything different to now anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

seamus wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to try anyway. If they stop you, just explain that you have a funeral to go to at the time, and they'll probably let you through.
    Worst case scenario, you get turned away and have to schedule a new appt.

Thanks, Ya I think I will give it a go. Its worth a try. Getting a bit nervous about this Delta strain amd really just want to get on with vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

One Local pharmacy near me is offering Pfizer from 4th July onwards for the over 35s .. initially they were going to be doing the J&J for over 50s

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

harr wrote: »
    One Local pharmacy near me is offering Pfizer from 4th July onwards for the over 35s .. initially they were going to be doing the J&J for over 50s

Is it one of the big chains?

• Advertisement

That would be handy!!!
    Didn't think it was agreed on yet though?!

Just selected to reschedule my Tuesday appointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Age 50
    2nd moderna
    Got text Tuesday, jabbed today

Stheno wrote: »
    Is it one of the big chains?

No it’s an independent family owned pharmacy.

That would be handy!!!
    Didn't think it was agreed on yet though?!
    I was surprised to see it up on Facebook as they advertised they were doing the j&j for the over 50,s and they then advertised for people to register for the Pfizer vaccine from this week.
    I probably would have waited and got done in pharmacy if I had of know. Definitely would have been a lot handier than the vaccine centres.

I was surprised to see it up on Facebook as they advertised they were doing the j&j for the over 50,s and they then advertised for people to register for the Pfizer vaccine from this week.
    I probably would have waited and got done in pharmacy if I had of know. Definitely would have been a lot handier than the vaccine centres.

Yeah I'm registered with my chemist but they've said it's only 50 plus at the moment, be so much easier to just pop around the corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nozzer

My local one in Kildare is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nozzer

Is anyone else having trouble with the portal? The code isn't bring texted to me for some reason but I haven't had any bother until now

• Registered Users Posts: 23 adubintipp2

Nozzer wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with the portal? The code isn't bring texted to me for some reason but I haven't had any bother until now

Same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Only 300 pharmacies are getting Pfizer doses for over 35s. Mainly ones in rural areas and over 5km away from a MVC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Day 21 after registering now, no text and no appointment. Only 1 of 8 people I've talked to in my age cohort not to have been vaccinated yet and I haven't even got an appointment yet, what's the story now? Do I ring or leave it a while longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Day 21 after registering now, no text and no appointment. Only 1 of 8 people I've talked to in my age cohort not to have been vaccinated yet and I haven't even got an appointment yet, what's the story now? Do I ring or leave it a while longer?

What area?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Buddy Bubs wrote: »

What age and where are you based?

I'm 40 and in North Kildare, 3 weeks today waiting and so are a few friends 40/41 - looks like it's all Citywest still with the delay in our age group.

All friends in South Dublin aged 40 got texts mid-week for UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Idioteque wrote: »
    What age and where are you based?

I'm 40 and in North Kildare, 3 weeks today waiting and so are a few friends 40/41 - looks like it's all Citywest still with the delay in our age group.

All friends in South Dublin aged 40 got texts mid-week for UCD.

40, Dublin. I'll be citywest I'd imagine. Friends are actually north kildare and they've got sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Appointment: tomorrow for Pfizer. Text came through Friday 3 weeks and 2 days after registering.
    Mvc- an hour away in Meath even though I’m in Louth close to the MVC. Every single 40 plus in Louth seems to be sent all over the place while the Fairways focuses on second dose for 60 plus. More than happy to travel though

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

31 year old husband got a text from GP on Friday night to book vaccine appointment if he wanted to so he's getting Pfizer tomorrow. 2nd dose automatically booked for 4 weeks time.
    He wasn't expecting it at all and was hoping to register in a few weeks when the portal opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Spoke to someone today, turned 40 two weeks ago, Dublin 6W, texted today for Pfizer tomorrow in the Aviva.

So I'd say if you're a 1981 baby or earlier in South Dublin, they'll get to you sometime this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

seamus wrote: »
    Spoke to someone today, turned 40 two weeks ago, Dublin 6W, texted today for Pfizer tomorrow in the Aviva.

So I'd say if you're a 1981 baby or earlier in South Dublin, they'll get to you sometime this week.

I know someone born in 82 getting done in Croke Park this week so they are working their way through the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

I'm 39 (an '81 baby), registered last Sunday, got the text yesterday for an appointment tomorrow for the Pfizer jab at the racecourse in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

are they getting on with the 2nd doses do we know ? I was expecting to get mine this week ( 4 weeks since last shot would be next Tuesday )
    thanks

Advertisement