Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

A little bit fixed but not really either. Still getting charged import fees on a lego toy. It's a bit cheaper then yesterday coming in at 18.12 but I checked another non prime day lego toy same price and not prime offer, coming in at 14.56 which the prime day offer should as well as both same prices. The prime offer was coming in at 22.50 yesterday.. So partially fixed but not 100% as item should be coming in at 14.56 like other set which is same price but not a prime day offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

dulpit wrote: »
    Looks to be working okay on things such as the galaxy buds anyway. They're showing at £59, if I add them to basket they show up with a final price of £61.48.

Not fixed for me. Coming in at 72.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

This issue has not been fixed and I don't believe it will be until after Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭caddy16

One issue seems to be resolved. Yesterday items jumped back to non discounted priced when I went to check out. Not this morning although VAT issue remains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I got a refund for an overcharge two nights ago. I bought the item back in February. Hadn't even realised I was overcharged so they do seem to sort out issues like that even if you don't raise them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Still not fixed for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Some items appear to be working today for me like the galaxy buds but others are still broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Redmi note 10 pro 6/128 gb seems to be applying vat correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It wouldn't be pedantic. The population of the UK is roughly 10 times that of Ireland, and the population of Ireland is roughly 10 times that of Manchester. Should have asked him if he would react differently if 10 cities the size of Manchester had this issue rather than 1.

You missed my point.

You missed mine.

You missed mine.

Good point, thank you for explaining it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Not trying to mod here but any chance we can just agree early on that some things are fixed and some aren't and attempt to focus on any potential deals?

Yesterday's thread was an absolute car crash having to wade through page after page of ''why is this price wrong?'' and ''this customer service rep said this'' and ''look at this price calculation here'' which was all well intentioned but clogged up the thread such that it was virtually unreadable. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DevFirst

Here's out they're working out the irish checkout prices incorrectly (before the supposed "fix"), for anyone who wants to try and understand it.

Imagine this example computer product (with 0% import duty):
    £120.00 (Full price)
    £90.00 (prime day price)
    Discount of £30, or "25% off"

First, Amazon calculates Irish VAT:
    They take the full non deal price (£120), divide by 1.2 to get the price without 20% UK VAT (£100), multiply that by 1.23 to get the price with Irish 23% VAT (£123). "Import Fees Deposit" appears as £23, that is the 23% Irish VAT and is correct. Everything is good-ish so far.

Your order summary will look like this:
    [b]Order Summary[/b]
    Items:                 GBP 100.00 [i](non deal price without 20% UK VAT)[/i]
    Postage and Packaging: GBP   0.00
    Import Fees Deposit:   GBP  23.00
    Total:                 GBP 123.00

Now, amazon calculates the prime day discount (here is where they screw up):
    Take the full price WITHOUT any UK VAT (so £100), and subtract the prime day deal price (£90). The difference between these two is the "discount" they are giving Irish customers. See the problem? They are taking the non deal price WITHOUT 20% UK VAT (£100), and comparing it to the deal price that HAS 20% UK VAT (£90), to generate the discount amount, which is insane. The discount should be £30 but now it's only £10 cause of this way they're calculating it.

Order summary with wrong discount at checkout will look like this:
    [b]Order Summary[/b]
    Items:                 GBP 100.00 [i](correct)[/i]
    Postage and Packaging: GBP   0.00 [i](correct)[/i]
    Import Fees Deposit:   GBP  23.00 [i](correct)[/i]
    Total:                 GBP 123.00 [i](correct)[/i]
    Promotion Applied:    -GBP  10.00 [i](wrong, should be £30)[/i]
    Order Total:           GBP 113.00 [i](wrong, should be £93 for irish customers)[/i]

UK is getting £30 off of £120 (25% discount), final price is £90.
    IE is getting £10 off of £123 (8.13% discount), final price is £113.

What's the correct discount we should be getting?
    We should be getting 25% off £123 (which is 92.25) or same the £30 discount amount off £123 (which is £93), but we're only getting 8.13% off £123 in this example (which is £113). I tried explaining this to CS yesterday and gave up, they couldn't understand it; "it's just import fees for Irish customers due to brexit".

Can't access the Amazon Warehouse via my desktop. Tried it on two computers with different browsers, incognito mode etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Warehouse-Deals/b?node=3581866031

Oddly, it still works on my mobile.

Edit: working again. Seemed to have been a general problem as some people on HUKD also could not access the warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

pm1977x wrote: »
    Not trying to mod here but any chance we can just agree early on that some things are fixed and some aren't and attempt to focus on any potential deals?

Yesterday's thread was an absolute car crash having to wade through page after page of ''why is this price wrong?'' and ''this customer service rep said this'' and ''look at this price calculation here'' which was all well intentioned but clogged up the thread such that it was virtually unreadable. :pac:

I cannot see anything fixed at all tbh, still getting overcharged for everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

DevFirst wrote: »
    Here's out they're working out the irish checkout prices incorrectly (before the supposed "fix"), for anyone who wants to try and understand it.

£120.00 (Full price)
    £90.00 (prime day price)

They take the full non deal price (£120), divide by 1.2 to get the price without 20% UK VAT (£100), multiply that by 1.23 to get the price with Irish 23% VAT (£123). "Import Fees Deposit" appears as £23, that is the 23% Irish VAT and is correct. Everything is good-ish so far.

[b]Order Summary[/b]

Take the full price WITHOUT any UK VAT (so £100), and subtract the prime day deal price (£90). The difference between these two is the "discount" they are giving Irish customers. See the problem? They are taking the non deal price WITHOUT 20% UK VAT (£100), and comparing it to the deal price that HAS 20% UK VAT (£90), to generate the discount amount, which is insane. The discount should be £30 but now it's only £10 cause of this way they're calculating it.

[b]Order Summary[/b]
    Order Total:           GBP 113.00 [i](wrong, should be £93 for irish customers)[/i]

We should be getting 25% off £123 (which is 92.25) or same the £30 discount amount off £123 (which is £93), but we're only getting 8.13% off £123 in this example (which is £113). I tried explaining this to CS yesterday and gave up, they couldn't understand it; "it's just import fees for Irish customers due to brexit".

You must have been talking to the same one... Both of them couldn't or weren't allowed to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Any bargain alerts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,644 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

DevFirst wrote: »

£120.00 (Full price)
    £90.00 (prime day price)

[b]Order Summary[/b]

[b]Order Summary[/b]

That is an absolutely brilliant explainer well done and thank you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Any bargain alerts?

No, because Amazon's systems are broken.

• Advertisement

I am looking at this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Q17VZG8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Amazon Prime price is £103 and non-prime price is £109 but at checkout

Order Summary
    Items: £90.83
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: £20.89
    Total: £111.72
    Promotion Applied: -£18.17
    Order Total: £93.55

It's still wrong but the same watch in Harvey Norman was €150 so it counts as a bargain right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jofspring wrote: »
    I got a refund for an overcharge two nights ago. I bought the item back in February. Hadn't even realised I was overcharged so they do seem to sort out issues like that even if you don't raise them.

I got the same, 2p I was overcharged in Import duties - straight to the credit union with my British money I had thought to myself

In all seriousness though they do seem to do reviews from time to time of how much tax they have paid on our behalf vs what they charge us and refund us accordingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Crocs Size 6 Espresso

Listed as £12.78 Prime Deal.
    Add to basket, get the following...

Order Summary
    Items: £16.67
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Total: £16.67
    Promotion Applied: -£7.22
    Order Total: £9.45

Bargain at that price.

Other colours and sizes may be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Pricey item but reduced for anyone interested

Gillette Labs Heated Razor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Amazon apologising for the problems. They say they will contact any affected customers and give them the correct discount. I'd be reluctant to order unless the price when I checkout is correct!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/amazon-apologises-for-error-affecting-irish-customers-1.4600212?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fireland%2Firish-news%2Famazon-apologises-for-error-affecting-irish-customers-1.4600212

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

Any bargain alerts?

Yep! Maybe not for you, but definitely for Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ted1 wrote: »
    No apology in my inbox….

Feck the apology. I'm looking for refunds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Think I'll just let some planned deals go - not worth the hassle of needing to hunt discount returns post purchases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Reati

Amazon apologising for the problems. They say they will contact any affected customers and give them the correct discount. I'd be reluctant to order unless the price when I checkout is correct!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/amazon-apologises-for-error-affecting-irish-customers-1.4600212?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fireland%2Firish-news%2Famazon-apologises-for-error-affecting-irish-customers-1.4600212

I'm really surprised this is only taking off now as it's been like this since the start of the year and I've flagged this on several "lightening deals" and been refunded each time. They know about it and didn't fix it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Can someone please explain this to me (not great with tax and VAT stuff) so I can explain it to Amazon support staff when I chat to them?

For example, adding Echo Buds at £49.99 (Prime Day deal) to my basket, and I would end up paying £72.99 / €86.74 when shipping to Ireland.... some deal.

My girlfriend and I already bought a load of stuff yesterday morning and I think we've definitely been overcharged. Any hope we can get refunded?

4IQ8dw9.png

Thats working for me now, coming in at £52.99 (Irish Vat is why it is not £49.99).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭melatonin

200.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

dan786 wrote: »
    Just so you know Samsung are doing a cash back on these of 45 euro and Amazon Uk is listed as one of the retailers so might have been a better deal with Amazon UK after cash back. I got them last week and got cashback approved after 2 days.

Thanks for this deal, I had already bought a Galaxy Watch and am getting 75 euro cashback. If you buy a 2nd item you get a bonus 55 euro cash back on top of the 2nd item refund. So for the ear buds I have paid 96 euro to Amazon, and Samsung are going to refund me 100 euro! So Samsung are paying me 4 euro to buy the Ear Buds. Awesome deal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Seems like Amazon are fixing things slowly, some items from last night fixed earlier and now the items that were not when I checked an hour ago are now fixed as well. So they are working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Seems like Amazon are fixing things slowly, some items from last night fixed earlier and now the items that were not when I checked an hour ago are now fixed as well. So they are working on it.

Yep, 8 inch fire tablet now at correct price

Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Plug-In Adapter and Ring Chime,

£117.04

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08M2SXT6P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Advertisement

Buds Live

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08C5HFL69/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

£76.40

Plus you can get 45 Euro Cashback from Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

I got a Crucial MX500 1Tb SSD which was advertised with a £68 sale price (price on the web page, not in the basket).

Pricing was screwed up as discussed already, so I was charged £86. Today it's showing up in the basket with the correct price of £70.

Got on to support chat with an Amazonian, and I was refunded the difference without issue - although "return for refund" was the initial response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Buds Live

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08C5HFL69/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

£76.40

That's a great deal... ordered too. My order says estimated dispatch date so hopefully all goes to plan and they ship before 07/07 and can claim then I assume.

That's a great deal... ordered too. My order says estimated dispatch date so hopefully all goes to plan and they ship before 07/07 and can claim then I assume.

Does not matter when they ship as they look at the order date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

spockety wrote: »
    Thanks for this deal, I had already bought a Galaxy Watch and am getting 75 euro cashback. If you buy a 2nd item you get a bonus 55 euro cash back on top of the 2nd item refund. So for the ear buds I have paid 96 euro to Amazon, and Samsung are going to refund me 100 euro! So Samsung are paying me 4 euro to buy the Ear Buds. Awesome deal!!

How much did you get the watch for and do you know if it works as well with a non Samsung Android phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Buds Live

£76.40

Ordered. Had 5 quid free credit from my first prime purchase yesterday (free trial of prime) so once cashback is applied these will only cost around ~23 euro.

Signed up to a month of prime yesterday to avail of these offers, also very handy to have delivery included on many small things

If I cancel now do I lose prime immediately or do I keep for the remainder of the month?

• Advertisement

Signed up to a month of prime yesterday to avail of these offers, also very handy to have delivery included on many small things

If I cancel now do I lose prime immediately or do I keep for the remainder of the month?

Keep it for the month.

Advertisement