Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintending 2021

• 22-03-2021 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Has anyone been confirmed for superintending 2021 yet? I presume the SEC were waiting to see how many people signed up for the accredited grades - good to hear all confirmation is online this year.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I got a letter saying thank you for applying in 2020, you'll be contacted at the end of March to see if you'd like to take up the position for 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kerrydiva

dory wrote: »
    I got a letter saying thank you for applying in 2020, you'll be contacted at the end of March to see if you'd like to take up the position for 2021.

I got an email saying the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

You could end up covering an empty room this year.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

You could end up covering an empty room this year.

I don't think so. There mightn't be many sitting any particular exam in a school but there will be a few doing each one for a variety of different reasons. Nothing to lose anyway after the choices that were released this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi all,
    Any updates on superintending 2021?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Trekky77

Millem wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Any updates on superintending 2021?
    :)

I've seen that the SEC have put out a request for more applications - especially in Dublin and surrounding counties. Anyone who applies should get the gig this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Trekky77 wrote: »
    I've seen that the SEC have put out a request for more applications - especially in Dublin and surrounding counties. Anyone who applies should get the gig this year.

That email was laughable. First line was that they were satisfied with the numbers who had applied but were still willing to accept applications!

Have any superintendents been appointed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Random sample

Have any superintendents been appointed yet?

No. I think they were waiting for the portal to close.

No. I think they were waiting for the portal to close.

Oh ok!
    I got an email from them on 1st April then a text on 2nd April but nothing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I usually get a week long centre. Hoping that I get a longer one this year as I'm in one of the supposed in demand counties where there is a shortage but I won't hold my breath.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    I usually get a week long centre. Hoping that I get a longer one this year as I'm in one of the supposed in demand counties where there is a shortage but I won't hold my breath.

I think all centres are staying open this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭williaint

Does anyone know what the rate of pay was in 2019? Also how many days do you usually get recruited for?

williaint wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the rate of pay was in 2019? Also how many days do you usually get recruited for?

Not sure of 2019 but the older rates were (roughly);
    Collect box and set up €280
    Each exam day €112
    All taxable.

Long day subsistence was something like €35 and short day was approx €17. These rates changed though in 2018 but not by much.
    Mileage rates changed from engine size to total number of kms. I always want one close enough but more than 8km from my school and work so I get subsistence and mileage. I think I got 50c per km.
    Subsistence and mileage are not taxable.
    Generally you might of gotten 1 week but this year I heard they are not closing centres and transferring students. I have done the full stint before. By the last few exams you generally only have 1 exam but you get the €112 per day.
    I am hoping to get an LCA centre that is not too far from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I'm signed up for superintendent and marking. Since all centres will run for the duration, am I likely to not get any superintending this year or will they push put marking conferences until after all exams? Anyone any insight. I usually do a week when I do get it, which isn't every year.

I'm signed up for superintendent and marking. Since all centres will run for the duration, am I likely to not get any superintending this year or will they push put marking conferences until after all exams? Anyone any insight. I usually do a week when I do get it, which isn't every year.

I am guessing marking conferences will be online. I know for my subject some have been on a Saturday this year!
    I think it was over 2 days can’t remember which days.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I am guessing marking conferences will be online. I know for my subject some have been on a Saturday this year!
    I think it was over 2 days can’t remember which days.

Yes, I already got a letter saying the conference would be online. I mark English and the conference is always early so I'll assume I can't superintend and mark.

Yes, I already got a letter saying the conference would be online. I mark English and the conference is always early so I'll assume I can't superintend and mark.

No idea! Unless you get an lca centre. In the previous school I superintended in they only had 4 days. So finished on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

Anyone had any news re appointments for superintending ? They said in the reply email that we’d hear if we were appointed by the end of April and reserve lists by mid May. No word here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Tiredteach wrote: »
    Anyone had any news re appointments for superintending ? They said in the reply email that we’d hear if we were appointed by the end of April and reserve lists by mid May. No word here yet.

Heard nothing yet either. That email said appointments end of April and assignment to a centre in mid May. So maybe they will do it all at once.

• Advertisement

sitstill wrote: »
    Heard nothing yet either. That email said appointments end of April and assignment to a centre in mid May. So maybe they will do it all at once.

I think so!! I actually contacting them and got a reply yesterday (on a Sunday!!)

Appointment emails are out with rates of pay etc

Appointment emails are out with rates of pay etc

ya just got it there.

ya just got it there.

What is the story with multiple pick ups on boxes?

What is the story with multiple pick ups on boxes?

To be honest I don't know as I've never got it before, but either A) they are only releasing papers in small batches in case a superintendent gets covid or a centre needs to be shut down due to covid is my guess or B) payment to collect papers is an incentive to do the work.

That’s how they did it for the November exams, only the school collected the box on the three Sundays but I did the check for content as I had the key. Think it’s to stop the big crowd at distribution centre.

Just got my email there too. Now to hear if I got examining.

To be honest I don't know as I've never got it before, but either A) they are only releasing papers in small batches in case a superintendent gets covid or a centre needs to be shut down due to covid is my guess or B) payment to collect papers is an incentive to do the work.

Ahhh good idea!!!

50 euro for PPE. Is that just for the superintendent or do we keep emergency masks for the candidates. I’m assuming some disinfectant spray for your desk or candidates desks?

Tiredteach wrote: »
    50 euro for PPE. Is that just for the superintendent or do we keep emergency masks for the candidates. I’m assuming some disinfectant spray for your desk or candidates desks?

I was thinking the same myself!

Does anyone know the 2020 rates for mileage and subsistence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Has anyone been appointed their school or received their timetables yet ?

Advertisement