Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Big day for me tomorrow. I’m currently 2nd overall in the sky fantasy game.1 point off first. Hopefully I have a good day tomorrow and win the whole thing.

Best of luck.
    Any chance you could post your team after the deadline tomorrow so we can follow along!?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Best of luck.
    Any chance you could post your team after the deadline tomorrow so we can follow along!?

If I remember I think I will. Just need to decide my captain tomorrow, will wait for lineups to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Big day for me tomorrow. I’m currently 2nd overall in the sky fantasy game.1 point off first. Hopefully I have a good day tomorrow and win the whole thing.
    You've played it brilliantly. Fingers crossed here for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

km79 wrote: »
    He has been notable by his absence lately actually . Hope everything is ok

All good, life a bit hectic lately is all. Best wishes to all for the final GW of the season, obviously banking my transfer.

Woooow big sweat tomorrow.

Best of luck hope you TID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What you get if you win?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

KevIRL wrote: »
    All good, life a bit hectic lately is all. Best wishes to all for the final GW of the season, obviously banking my transfer.

Time to use the wildcard I'd say

siblers wrote: »
    What you get if you win?

50k so a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

50k so a lot of money.

Holy moly
    We are playing the wrong game !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Holy moly

I'm going to be focussing more on the Sky game next season. It's not as stressful (well unless you're in with a chance of winning it outright!) I think the fact that you can captain a different player every day takes the pressure off whereas in fpl your week hinges on your one captain.

• Advertisement

I'm going to be focussing more on the Sky game next season. It's not as stressful (well unless you're in with a chance of winning it outright!) I think the fact that you can captain a different player every day takes the pressure off whereas in fpl your week hinges on your one captain.

Maybe .........
    Is there less time involved ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Maybe .........
    Is there less time involved ?

Well there's no chips to worry about so that reduces the time spent. You have a set amount of transfers too so you have to be careful how you spend them. You do get a wildcard (overhaul) about half way through the season so that requires a little planning. You can set your captains for a few days at a time as well so you don't have log in every game day to do it. It could be a fun alternative to wean yourself off fpl!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Holy moly

It's a good game, you should give it a go next season. It's my first year playing it and I'm in top 50 and Manual Man is not far behind so we could have 3 boards players in top 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Chance of winning 50k has perked my interest. Always thought the official one should have a decent prize.

And good luck donegal

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Chance of winning 50k has perked my interest. Always thought the official one should have a decent prize.

And good luck donegal

Thanks. Been playing this game past 6/7 years. Have 3 top 100 finishes. This year every thing have gone well hopefully tomorrow I can finish the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thanks. Been playing this game past 6/7 years. Have 3 top 100 finishes. This year every thing have gone well hopefully tomorrow I can finish the job.

What's your chances of winning? Is it a two horse race or is there a few lads in contention?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    What's your chances of winning? Is it a two horse race or is there a few lads in contention?

Be decent since I am 2nd so always with in a shout. Top 7 separated by 15 points. So pretty much any one of 7 could win it.

Thing about sky is our teams are hidden so I don’t know who the they have and who is their captain. Makes it’s more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Brilliant. Best of luck!

50k so a lot of money.

Dear god

Anything for second?

siblers wrote: »
    Dear god

Anything for second?

Second place - 5k
    Third place -1k
    4/5 - games console of choice

• Advertisement

Second place - 5k
    Third place -1k
    4/5 - games console of choice

Going to have to sign up to that, best of luck!

play Martinez or McCarthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭remoteboy

manual_man wrote: »
    play Martinez or McCarthy?

Don’t own either of them but if I did I’d play McCarthy. I fancy Deeney to nick a goal against Arsenal. They’ll be desperate to stay up. Sheffield Utd have nothing to play for. Also anytime I’ve seen MCarthy this year he’s impressed me.

remoteboy wrote: »
    Don’t own either of them but if I did I’d play McCarthy. I fancy Deeney to nick a goal against Arsenal. They’ll be desperate to stay up. Sheffield Utd have nothing to play for. Also anytime I’ve seen MCarthy this year he’s impressed me.

I agree
    They will both most likely end up with 2 or 3 anyway but he is more likely to keep a cleanie
    Deeney loves playing arsenal ......

Cheers lads yeah i'm on McCarthy, in any other week i'd probably be on Martinez, but given what's at stake for Watford and with Arsenal having the FA cup to prepare for, it seems like McCarthy is (marginally) the better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Of all days the site decides to act up it's today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I agree
    They will both most likely end up with 2 or 3 anyway but he is more likely to keep a cleanie
    Deeney loves playing arsenal ......

He has 2 goals in 9 games against Arsenal, also a missed penalty and a red card!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The Scarface fpl guy has deleted his twitter account today. The Age of Leaks may be over.

The Scarface fpl guy has deleted his twitter account today. The Age of Leaks may be over.

Holy **** that’s mad.

So there will be no early news.

Sweet.

I can make my changes and go to bed as I shouldn’t be at a disadvantage now.

• Advertisement

klopparama wrote: »
    Holy **** that’s mad.

So there will be no early news.

Sweet.

I can make my changes and go to bed as I shouldn’t be at a disadvantage now.
    There is still often early team news on last day of season

Advertisement