Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's going to see the Pope?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I'm not upset by your actions at all, it's exactly what I would have expected when I found out the tickets were being distributed in this way. It's the actions of a small minority that are attempting to spoil the occasion for everyone else, and then you'll be back cribbing about how everyone is being unfair to you. You shouldn't be surprised when that continues to happen.

No cribbing on my behalf, insults and name calling mean nothing to me. It's the internet people behave different here than every day life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Are there really people ordering x amount of tickets, just to deny others being able to go? That's not a protest, it's just being a dick.

Hopefully when they start sending out the tickets, they notice the multiple orders from the same IP and cancel them.

Anyone on the ball will probably use a VPN there.

That's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I'm not sure I can think of a bigger load of nonsense. How anyone in this country can support this organisation is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    No cribbing on my behalf, insults and name calling mean nothing to me. It's the internet people behave different here than every day life.

I haven't name called or insulted you, at least I hope I haven't insulted you because that wasn't the intent, and I don't agree with you that people behave any differently offline than they do online.

You're still looking for validation from your peers when you're boasting about having ordered tickets so you could deny someone else the chance of a ticket, unless you wouldn't boast about it offline, which just shows that you know people would normally take a dim view of such behaviour and wonder why would anyone be so spiteful?

I do understand the motivation behind it though, and really it's got fcukall to do with religion or anything else you claim. It's simple done out of spite, fcukall difference between your behaviour and the behaviour of the people you object to. You could have done something to set an example for other people to follow, but that would have required effort and thought on your part, rather than lowering yourself to this kind of stupidity.

• Advertisement

You're still looking for validation from your peers when you're boasting about having ordered tickets so you could deny someone else the chance of a ticket, unless you wouldn't boast about it offline, which just shows that you know people would normally take a dim view of such behaviour and wonder why would anyone be so spiteful?

Not looking for anything off anyone. Praise or insult on the internet means absolutely nothing to me. It's a discussion forum and I'm happy to express my opinion here and read the opinion of others. Ordering the tickets and having no intention of using them is my way of protesting with the bare minimum of effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I used a VPN as well as travelling to all the local spots with free wifi to get a few more. I have a LOT of tickets now.

If anyone wants one they can make a donation to the 1 in 4 group or to the LGBT community and they can have a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

You could say the same about the muslim religion, if anything it's views would be seen as even less tolerant.

So come on seamie, let's see you say fuck ordinary muslims, it's just a religion after all..

I'm looking forward to seeing seamus post that... For balance like..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

These threads always bring out the true hatred
    and colours in those proclaiming to be all tolerant and secularist.

Since when did tolerant mean that you weren't allowed to have a negative opinion of something or someone?

lawred2 wrote: »
    Since when did tolerant mean that you weren't allowed to have a negative opinion of something or someone?

Erm, that's the definition of tolerant?

Inclined to tolerate the beliefs or behavior of others

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Calliope Deafening Sheet

pcuser wrote: »
    I used a VPN as well as travelling to all the local spots with free wifi to get a few more. I have a LOT of tickets now.

That's SAD!!
    You really mustn't have anything better to do with your life

Erm, that's the definition of tolerant?

Inclined to tolerate the beliefs or behavior of others

You can tolerate something without having any time for it whatsoever...

You've decided to conflate someone who is protesting by binning tickets with someone who is a secularist..

Which you know would be disingenuous.

Has anyone on this thread proclaimed to be a secularist? Maybe they aren't. Maybe they all straight up hate the RCC.

You can tolerate something without having any time for it whatsoever...

You've decided to conflate someone who is protesting by binning tickets with someone who is a secularist..

Which you know would be disingenuous.

Has anyone on this thread proclaimed to be a secularist? Maybe they aren't. Maybe they all straight up hate the RCC.

No I haven't? Being secularist doesn't imply anything other than someone who supports the idea of separation between Church and State, and there are many religious people who are also secularist, so whether or not someone has or hasn't declared themselves secularist has nothing to do with simply being intolerant.

By your understanding, the RCC is one of the most tolerant organisations in the world. Someone who is just ordering free tickets to spite people who would have wanted to attend an event isn't just intolerant, it's spiteful, and that's much worse than simply being intolerant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭secman

Appears to be a lot of sad bastards who'd go to the bother to apply for free tickets to something in the hope of denying the opportunity to attend for someone who might really like to go.

What a miserable shower of cunts

No not at all you will find that the "cuunts as you put it, are the shower who preyed on the vulnerable and abused them , and then we have a worse type of "cuunts as you put it, those at higher levels even as far as , bishops, cardinals and even popes who swept all this under the fcking biggest carpet in the world and just moved the other "cuunts" as you put it to different locations to carry on regardless and prey on more vulnerable kids, as in children:(

No I haven't? Being secularist doesn't imply anything other than someone who supports the idea of separation between Church and State, and there are many religious people who are also secularist, so whether or not someone has or hasn't declared themselves secularist has nothing to do with simply being intolerant.

By your understanding, the RCC is one of the most tolerant organisations in the world. Someone who is just ordering free tickets to spite people who would have wanted to attend an event isn't just intolerant, it's spiteful, and that's much worse than simply being intolerant.

Oh well, what can you do!?

It's not like it's entirely undeserved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

What have I started :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

seamus wrote: »
    My comment was directed at people who would go and support the organisation.

Fun fact: You can be a Catholic and not consider the Pope your supreme leader, and not be a member of the Roman Catholic Church.

Shocking, I know, that you can keep your religion and not support a horrible organisation.

I'm under no illusion that the ordinary people you refer to are perfectly nice people who just want to go see the Pope. But I'm not going to shed any tears about them missing out. Fnck 'em.

If an Ayatollah or similar sh1tehawk was to hold a similar event, I would also say "Fnck 'em" about the "ordinary Muslims" who would miss out.

Well that's a new one on me how someone can be catholic and not recognise Frank as the leader, but hey you seem to be the expert on all things catholic even though you aren't one.

As for the last point, isn't that something you liberals are always giving out about, muslim bashing I believe is the term that is used.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

The people who constantly shout about tolerance are usually the most intolerant people. By tolerance they mean if only you agree with them. If you fall outside the boundaries of what they believe, you are beyond the pale.

Oh well, what can you do!?

It's not like it's entirely undeserved...

I don't want to stop you at all, personally I'm delighted for you that you're proud to show off how petty and spiteful the most vocal critics of the same behaviour they criticise in others actually are when they imagine they have even the tiniest bit of power.

It's entirely undeserved as it's not as though the people you want to deny a ticket to have actually done anything wrong, or are doing anything wrong to merit your actions. All you're actually achieving is fostering resentment and that breeds intolerance, which is the very thing you appear to be objecting to in others and using as a justification for your actions.

I don't want to stop you at all, personally I'm delighted for you that you're proud to show off how petty and spiteful the most vocal critics of the same behaviour they criticise in others actually are when they imagine they have even the tiniest bit of power.

It's entirely undeserved as it's not as though the people you want to deny a ticket to have actually done anything wrong, or are doing anything wrong to merit your actions. All you're actually achieving is fostering resentment and that breeds intolerance, which is the very thing you appear to be objecting to in others and using as a justification for your actions.

You seem to have a fetish for the imaginary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,840 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

secman wrote: »
    No not at all you will find that the "cuunts as you put it, are the shower who preyed on the vulnerable and abused them , and then we have a worse type of "cuunts as you put it, those at higher levels even as far as , bishops, cardinals and even popes who swept all this under the fcking biggest carpet in the world and just moved the other "cuunts" as you put it to different locations to carry on regardless and prey on more vulnerable kids, as in children:(

Well that'll learn 'em anyway.

Them pesky paedos will rue they day they ever fiddled with a kid now that they know that 70 year old Mary from Donegal won't be able to have a day out at the Phoenix Park to attend a mass given by the Pope

That and the lizard people of course :pac: . Or whatever other incoherent demagoguery you want to rely on

It is and you know it. ; )

Hitman3000 "I am going to be a miserable cunt and apply for tickets that I won't use in the hope of denying someone else the opportunity to do something that they might enjoy or might be special to them"

Average decent person "That's pure cuntish behaviour"

Hitman3000 "Yeah, but but, what about paedos"

pcuser wrote: »
    What have I started :D:D

Nothing really.

You got a few gobshites to waste their time registering fake profiles online in order to try to get a few tickets for an event they won't attend

It's hardly storming the Bastille :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

It's pointless trying to get through to these bigots. They are sure that they are virtuous that they can't comprehend that they are in fact extremely intolerant.

Are you talking about the Catholic Church here?

"I am going to be a miserable ****

Fully agree.

Hitman3000 "I am going to be a miserable **** and apply for tickets that I won't use in the hope of denying someone else the opportunity to do something that they might enjoy or might be special to them"
    Never said the above...lies from you sweetie
    Hitman3000 "Yeah, but but, what about paedos"
    And more lies....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Omackeral wrote: »
    Your posts aren't very Christian.

It’s unchristian to swivel dicks.

Never said the above...lies from you sweetie

And more lies....

Jaysus, you've a short memory

I only asked for 4. Still that will be 4 not going.
    Ah it was really no bother took 5 mins, I was on the toilet so just occupying my time.
    I took 4. Could be 4 70 year olds.
    Not stopping someone. I have four tickets so thats 4 stopped. Sure can't they watch the highlights on the telly?

No, no donations solicited or wanted. Just got myself another 8 tickets using my friends email address. 12 empty seats and counting.

You're a hero. :pac:

All you are trying to do is to stop people from having a day out.

And you know it

Of course I know it. ; )
    A lot of abuse survivors in Chile I suspect would disagree with your comment.

Jaysus, you've a short memory

Nothing wrong with my memory pet, I just never said the things you claimed I did. Lies hurt baby Jebus...

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with my memory pet, I just never said the things you claimed I did. Lies hurt baby Jebus...

Yeah I don't care about your sneering there princess. Or your concern for "baby Jebus". I'm not exactly the religious type.

It's just the cuntish behaviour that causes despair.

Just doing the deeds of a miserable cunt for no other reason than to deny something to someone else. For no benefit to yourself except for some warped kicks that you might ruin something for someone. If that's all you have in your life to bring you happiness, then you have bigger issues I'm afraid

Advertisement