Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Varane best pull so far from a 2 rare players pack. I didnt realise he was downgraded but has very similar stats to Kimpembe last year and 84 rather than 83.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just at 100k now. Finding it a lot easier to make coins on the companion app than other years. Not spending a penny on fifa points this year bar the 4600 that come with it. I lose interest way too easy. Just downloaded the game there, roll on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

You still doing BPM?

I'm up to around 50k from it over the last couple of days. No work at all in it really, just constantly re-listing every hour and then adding more bronze players to the transfer list once some sell.

It has slowed down a bit to be fair but will probably jump again on Tuesday once people get the game and start doing the initial SBC's.

Also packed a Tomori from Marquee Matchups who should sell for 75k-ish upon release.

Yeah any players that aren't selling after first or second time round go into the upgrade SBCs. And then to the silver and gold SBCs. Got Joe Gomez, Correa and Skriniar so far of note. All the valuable ones that I get from bronze packs I screenshot and then add them to the watch list and then focus on that player buying low and selling high. Have about 10 players that I trade with and it's going well so far.

What is the BPM? Buy bronze packs and sell? I dont have 750 coins to buy one 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know why I can’t use the companion app? I know it says log into your PlayStation to create a FUT 23 account. I didn’t play in approx 2 years and that could be why but is there a workaround?

Apparently if you change your location to New Zealand you can play tomorrow at 12pm, not sure how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I have seen varying reports on how well that would work. For the sake of arsing around with settings, I can wait.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Basically, yeah. 750 coins to buy a pack, sell every player you can for at least 200 coins. You’ll pack players occasionally who go for more, quick sell all the junk.

reading that draft mode is a disaster cause of the new chem mode. People being offered captains that aren’t getting chemistry from any position in the formation, offering LWB players for LB spots and so on. You know, I like the idea of the new chem system, but the actual Execution has been hilariously awful and the game isn’t even out yet.

Anyone have much experience with kits?

The likes of Liverpool and Manchester United home kits are available for around 1,000.

Is there enough demand for them to jump a significant amount upon release or do they always stay around that price?

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's the reason.

There was a set date you had to have logged into FIFA 22 by, in order to get Web App/Companion App access for 23.

Unfortunately there's no workaround and you'll have to wait to get in on the console before being able to use the app.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

EA Play access is tomorrow I think, but it's confusing. I think they're only giving 10 hours?

Anyone else visiting New Zealand for the day? 😂

Unfortunately not an option for PS users 😩

It'll be Wednesday before I have a chance to get on.

Tomorrow is going to be torture watching everyone opening packs and getting started! 😅

Packed an untradeable Kimmich, so I guess he compliments the Neuer I got a few days ago.

I love playing in the initial few days, when all the mad skillerz are using awful cards, and they aren’t adjusted to not having 99 pace, 99 pass, 99 shot players yet 😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Debating buying it this year, used the web app and got a few sbcs done etc but I will hold off getting it for now.

Have you used your Ultimate Edition FIFA Points yet and are you getting your usual 12,000 in addition mate?

Would be interested in a run down of what you pack from the above.

There is a 10 hour trial for EA Play on PS5. Sign up for 1 month for 0.99. Gameplay feels very slow. Glad to report they still have animations for claiming tifos in season rewards 🥰😠

Afaik, the points are tied to the store you ordered in, so they won’t come in till midnight tonight.

Going to see what happens with them before committing real cash. If I get enough to build a strong team, I wouldn’t be shocked if I put off the real cash investment for now. I’m actually finding a distinct lack of eagerness to start trading tbh.

I find packing so much nowadays has lowered by hunger to generate a load of coinage. They throw so many high powered untradeables at you that I spent most of last year with 2m coins and no desire to spend it. That and the smaller trade pile.

I had a good day yesterday (a card I sell went a bit viral, lol) so ended up splashing out the money for the 12k points. Currently opening but highlights are…

Preorder points were woeful.

Coman and Sane added to the Kimmich and Neuer I’ve already got seems to be the game pushin me towards the Bundesliga 😂

• Advertisement

Right...

Discarded basically all kits, contracts, TIFOs, etc.

Pre Order points

1 83 card, 2 82 cards, 4 81 cards. Nothing else above 80. 1 IF (Hogan).

Not many dupes at this point. Took me from 16000 coins up to about 48k, with nothing really in my transfer pile.

12,000 points bought.

3 cards above 85 (Gundogan, Coman, Szezesny)

4 84s

6 83s

11 82s

7 81s.

4 Discard IF cards (Hogan x2, Diamond, Mladenovic).

St Maxim the best card packed, in terms of coinage (44k). Coman a close second at 41k, but I'll use him. Rashford (22k) was a nice one too, and got a good few n the 2-10k range. I've listed them but not sold yet.

Coin total went up from 48k to 190k, with a lot of those named above still to sell. AND I've not even started sorting the bulk of the non-rare and discard rares I've got yet. Going to see what SBCs I can run with them before mass selling.

I should easily have about 300k when I'm done, and thats just if I discard every non-rare, which would be a waste. No "Massive" pull, mind. But I rarely ever do.

Overall, decently happy with the massive base I've gotten there to go forward with. Packed Sane and Coman, but neither can switch to RW, frustratingly. So will probably try and sell Sane and bring in Gnabry instead. Need to invest heavily into a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I packed Ruben Dias. Currently selling for 137k. Should I sell now or will he increase in value ?

He won't sell at that, that's his minimum price, will have to wait for EA to lower his price range which might take some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Went through half my pre-order points. Packed Antony & Dembele which was a nice 120k. Running an extremely basic team at the moment as all my money is going into trading an investments.

Have stocked up on a load of Casemiro for 15k-16k and been buying Vardy at sub-5k every time a few cards sell. Two of the 84 IFs are going for Discard as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Is anyone playing on PS4? Haven't bought yet and worried about the performance, menus were already unbearable last year.

Got a gift of €50 PS Wallet credit so I added €40 to that and got 12,000 FIFA Points.

In addition, I had the Ultimate Edition pre-order bonus points so ended up with 110 packs to open.

Best pulls in terms of rating were TAA, Rodri and Verratti. All 87's with a messed up price range so can't be sold.

The only real pull of note in terms of value was Renato Sanchez who went for nearly 50k.

However, the real value of the above is always how it increases your coin balance to give you a big head start. For example, I went into the above with 100k and I'm now on 300k after doing the League and Nations Hybrid and Hybrid Nations SBC without having to put a coin into them. You make a big chunk from quick selling the rubbish.

I'm in a bit of a predicament now though. Prices of meta players are through the roof, but with that coin balance I could put together a lovely team that would do me for the first 6 weeks or so.

However, is it better to just throw something together for 50k-ish and then reinvest the remaining 250k into players like Kane (89 rated, 16k) who should double in value over the next 8 weeks or do I just go for it and put together a team containing the likes of Dembele, Llorente, Kessie, Courtois etc straight away?

Will cards get a bit cheaper on Friday once the standard edition is out and there's far more supply, or how does it usually go?

Any advice is most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after getting Cancelo from the MMs. Not spectacular but he looks like a player that could stay in the team for ages.

Easily my best ever day 1 pull, which probably isn’t saying much. Should I use him or sell him?

Servers are useless this evening, cant get on.

Think everyone's the same, a disgrace that they haven't upgraded the servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Early Access is really more like 2 days than 3 with how many server errors there are

Advertisement