Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Unwanted orders

Options
  • 28-10-2020 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Might be handy to have a thread whereby someone is not able to use their preorder or have a spare PS5 you could post in this thread and help some other folks out. Especially now with recent emails going out from Gamestop etc.

I am looking for a digital or disc model around Limerick , Clare or Tipperary.

If someone fulfils your request please update your post thanking the boardsie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Looking for a Disc version in the North East myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭razor12345

Good idea, I'm looking for either version in southside dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Also looking for any version in Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Looking for either version in Dublin city centre. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Any version in Waterford City

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: While I don’t think people can expect many positive responses here, it goes without saying to please not ask about consoles across three counties. There’s a 5km travel limit in place at the moment, so please stick to a specific location. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ALS

Got let down on a digital version with Scan.co.uk, so would very much appreciate a shout if anyone does find themselves with a spare pre order.... all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

Need a disc version for the godson he has asked for it off you know who on the 25thdec in dub if anyone can help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Looking for a disc version. Based in Dublin but will buy online if needed. On the Santa list this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Got the dreaded email today thst im not lucky enough for launch day. Any version ill take based in dunlin. Need to save my last christmas with my son as santa before he doesnt believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just an idea for the mods. Maybe just have the poster put in where we are located and no sob stories about santa etc? I could say my 3 kids want it off santa to try and garner sympathy but it is actually for me and they have zero interest in it.

I'm looking for a disc version in Limerick or Dublin (I have family who could collect for me there)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Just an idea for the mods. Maybe just have the poster put in where we are located and no sob stories about santa etc? I could say my 3 kids want it off santa to try and garner sympathy but it is actually for me and they have zero interest in it.

Good thinking. Looking for a disc version in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I have a thread set up in the Xbox section for unwanted pre-orders.

I am not interested in the PS5 but for people who just want a next generation console this side of Christmas it would seem like a good idea to pool our threads.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058126501

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

RVN10 wrote: »
    Might be handy to have a thread whereby someone is not able to use their preorder or have a spare PS5 you could post in this thread and help some other folks out. Especially now with recent emails going out from Gamestop etc.

I am looking for a digital or disc model around Limerick , Clare or Tipperary.

If someone fulfils your request please update your post thanking the boardsie.
    I have a thread set up in the Xbox section for unwanted pre-orders.

I am not interested in the PS5 but for people who just want a next generation console this side of Christmas it would seem like a good idea to pool our threads.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058126501

Don't get me wrong and I hope everyone who genuinely want the console gets it but please make sure if it is here or on another site you do not go crazy and pay any price because if we do that then are we just giving approval to those whp pre order just to sell and get profit

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

Thanks for starting the thread. Looking for any version in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Don't get me wrong and I hope everyone who genuinely want the console gets it but please make sure if it is here or on another site you do not go crazy and pay any price because if we do that then are we just giving approval to those whp pre order just to sell and get profit

100% agree Martin hopefully no one here is for a profit

Totally agree I am willing to pay a bit extra for people taken the time and trouble but otherwise if people wait a while all the consoles will be back in stock.

Launching so close to Christmas seems like a bit of a silly idea from a consumer point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

100%, should be a firm no scalping rule for this thread, either sell it at cost or sell it somewhere else.

RVN10 wrote: »
    100% agree Martin hopefully no one here is for a profit

I have had a Series X offered to me a cost but I said I would throw in a bit extra for the time and trouble it only seems fair.

I have a Series S pre-order that I am willing to let go at cost as it was the Series X I was after but I just grabbed the only pre-order I could get.

I am pretty neutral in the console wars but the Game Pass service on Xbox has grabbed me for the value.

The Series S only has 500GB of storage the Series X has a full Terabyte.

It looks like I may have got lucky and I am not looking to make anything.

If a few of us here can help each other out without looking for big profits that would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Long shot but looking for a digital edition anywhere close to the Aran Islands. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The unfortunate problem with threads like this is people will get involved just to sell them at an inflated rate on donedeal etc. That's why I made the suggestion of no sob stories, let the person with the spare pre order choose who they want to give it to based on their own feeling (previous posts on the forum etc). Just my opinion which is obviously free to be laughed at by mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Looking for either digital or disc.

Working in North Dub and Living in South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

No your right RocketRaccoon if we can get the ps5 then we we should all be happy

The unfortunate problem with threads like this is people will get involved just to sell them at an inflated rate on donedeal etc. That's why I made the suggestion of no sob stories, let the person with the spare pre order choose who they want to give it to based on their own feeling (previous posts on the forum etc). Just my opinion which is obviously free to be laughed at by mods.

Well on the thread I started in the Xbox section https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058126501 I came straight out and said it the thing is for me and I am too old for it at this stage but.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The big problem is it’s a waste of time. It will be 99% people asking with 1% offering. Those who have asked previously will be forgotten about anyway. Anyone offering will just say to PM them and it will get done that way.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    The big problem is it’s a waste of time. It will be 99% people asking with 1% offering. Those who have asked previously will be forgotten about anyway. Anyone offering will just say to PM them and it will get done that way.
    In the Xbox thread I got offered a Series X and I have a Series S on offer for cost price first come first served no funny business.

Nobody has asked me yet and the supply of all next gen consoles is almost dried up at this stage.

I did word my thread asking people to offer unwanted preorders.

Edit I will give my answer on the open forum but PMs will be needed for exchange and I think that will. go for everybody.

Also there have been a number of consoles offered on the thread I started it is not all one way traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Looking for the digital version, based in south Dublin myself. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Hi, I'm looking for the physical edition, live in the Santry area so looking for anything near the area, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,870 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

As per the other thread I’m looking for the digital edition south co Dublin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Looking for Disc version in Cork City if someone has one spare :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement