Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Samson1 wrote: »
    Quick question. Can you get Virgin Media 360 TV if you don't have Virgin Broadband? If you have a different broadband provider ???

- No you must have Virgin Broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

My box keeps dropping internet. It’s very annoying. The main virgin hub is up, but the TV 360 box is showing red with no WiFi. I’ve 20+ devices using wifi and I’ve been told this is too many for the virgin hub, so I’ve invested in a mesh network. I’m hoping this improves things. The TV 360 box just keeps loosing its connection for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Samson1

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - No you must have Virgin Broadband.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

My box keeps dropping internet. It’s very annoying. The main virgin hub is up, but the TV 360 box is showing red with no WiFi. I’ve 20+ devices using wifi and I’ve been told this is too many for the virgin hub, so I’ve invested in a mesh network. I’m hoping this improves things. The TV 360 box just keeps loosing its connection for me.

Do your mesh hubs have ethernet ports? I have a TP Link system and have my Smart TV & the 360 box both connected to the hub by Ethernet, it's working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gardening

I've had my 360tv boxes since December (I'm an insider lol). We had Sky Q in the living room with virgin BB, and the horizon in the bedroom. Since getting the 360, not only did I stop using the Sky Q but i cancelled it altogether when the contract expired.
    The responsiveness of the box, the speed of navigating menus, the replay tv content and voice control are all fantastic in my opinion.
    You can also cast to the main and bultiroom boxes from your phone too which we didn't even know in phase 1 of the trial

Hi Antomus Prime

We've been with VM 20 yrs, We changed to the horizon box only, (no BB bundle) about 6 yrs ago. From the start It's giving alot of trouble, most annoying one is having to reset series link every 4/5 episode😡 VM have replaced it 4 times and same issue with each replacement. Besides I know it's not just us that's having this problem, other friends and workmates are too.
    I enquired about the new 360 box and assumed because we already have the benefits of the on demand movies with TV players, reply function and Netflix with horizon it would be a straight swope but yunfortunately not, its only available as part of a BB bundle 😡 I don't need broadband, is this correct?
    Apologies for long query

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Gardening wrote: »
    Hi Antomus Prime

We've been with VM 20 yrs, We changed to the horizon box only, (no BB bundle) about 6 yrs ago. From the start It's giving alot of trouble, most annoying one is having to reset series link every 4/5 episode😡 VM have replaced it 4 times and same issue with each replacement. Besides I know it's not just us that's having this problem, other friends and workmates are too.
    I enquired about the new 360 box and assumed because we already have the benefits of the on demand movies with TV players, reply function and Netflix with horizon it would be a straight swope but yunfortunately not, its only available as part of a BB bundle 😡 I don't need broadband, is this correct?
    Apologies for long query

As far as I know,you have to have Virgin BB with the V360 as a package.They only give it out to customers using Virgin BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Just have the new box for a month. Was watching a recording last night and it froze.. powered off overnight and now no light or anything on it. I am so sorry signed with them for a second year, was with sky for 14 years and never any issues whereas it's one thing after another with virgin
    Already was without tv for 2 weeks as they messed up the switching from old horizon box to the 360. Just came on here to rant . Tbh the box was great when it worked. I predict many hours lost next week trying to get them to sort it. Also any idea why they charge more the first month? They said to expect it but couldn't explain why

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Hi, I hope I'm not derailing the thread, but I've just been told by Virgin that their Virgin 360 service is not available on a main thoroughfare in Kimmage, and that it is not possible for them to offer me anything better than my existing 15 year old DVR DCI6221 scart only box (the predecessor to the Horizon box).

75 quid a month for passable broadband, and TV box that is not fit for purpose.

I was told that my options are to remain on the existing package, or just downgrade to broadband only.

Could that possibly be correct?

It's possible your area needs upgrading and for one reason or another this can't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Evil_g wrote: »
    Hi, I hope I'm not derailing the thread, but I've just been told by Virgin that their Virgin 360 service is not available on a main thoroughfare in Kimmage, and that it is not possible for them to offer me anything better than my existing 15 year old DVR DCI6221 scart only box (the predecessor to the Horizon box).

75 quid a month for passable broadband, and TV box that is not fit for purpose.

I was told that my options are to remain on the existing package, or just downgrade to broadband only.

Could that possibly be correct?

Enniscorthy was like that for year except there was no BB either.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Enniscorthy was like that for year except there was no BB either.

I'm in Dublin 12.

I'm pretty certain that if I were a new customer they'd be be able to give me a box that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What available services does their site show when you put in your eircode?

It's a possibility one or more of the Neighbours won't agree to new cabling for an upgrade.

lertsnim wrote: »
    What available services does their site show when you put in your eircode?

It shows:

Television

Digital+

HD

Virgin TV

Broadband

Home Phone

The only one shown as unavailable is "on demand TV".

The box I have doesn't even have a HDMI output, so how do they provide other customers with HD TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Evil_g wrote: »
    It shows:

Television

Digital+

HD

Virgin TV

Broadband

Home Phone

The only one shown as unavailable is "on demand TV".

The box I have doesn't even have a HDMI output, so how do they provide other customers with HD TV?

Looks like you're good to go.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Replay tv for eurosport appears to be gone now, or is it just me? Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Eurosport you can goto start of the current programme but it never had 7 day replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Can somebody with "The Big Bundle" Pack - 50+ channels (22 in HD) confirm if Sky Comedy HD is available as it's not listed on the VM site https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/ (€62)

I noticed the SD version is available on the old "UPC Value" Pack

I don't like the fact that lately when you press the home button you get a advertising screen for recently Jack Charlton film and now Horse Racing instead off being able to still see your current channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sumach

Can somebody with "The Big Bundle" Pack - 50+ channels (22 in HD) confirm if Sky Comedy HD is available as it's not listed on the VM site https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/ (€62)

I noticed the SD version is available on the old "UPC Value" Pack

Yes, it's available in HD on channel 118.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

sumach wrote: »
    Yes, it's available in HD on channel 118.

In the TV360 guide, all of the channels on the third page (114-126) are labelled as HD except sky comedy (118) and sky replay (120).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

A HD version of Sky Replay doesn’t exist, even on Sky TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sumach

coylemj wrote: »
    In the TV360 guide, all of the channels on the third page (114-126) are labelled as HD except sky comedy (118) and sky replay (120).

The HD label on Sky Comedy is in a very deep blue, very hard to see unless you look close to the screen. But it's definitely there in the guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

coylemj wrote: »

Sky Comedy does say HD, Its just really dark and practically invisible

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

All my recorded stuff wont play
    When I go to play it the option to play isnt there. Just says Cancel Recording ??
    Sooo annoying

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    All my recorded stuff wont play
    When I go to play it the option to play isnt there. Just says Cancel Recording ??
    Sooo annoying

- Did you kill power to the 360 box for a minute or so and then power back up and try your recordings again?

It's basically a mini computer which can and will go odd from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Thanks @Delta2113 that worked ��

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Hi I’ve upgraded from Horizon to VM 360. I received the equipment this week and have tried to self install it today. I disconnected the Horizon box and connected the hub & tv box but it will not connect to the internet so I can’t get any tv. The hub light starts up white and then turns red. I have switched off, unplugged, checked all cables are in the correct places for both the hub and the tv box but nothing. I’ve ended up reconnecting the Horizon which started up immediately with internet etc straight away. Can anyone help me with this - I’ve just wasted 2.5 hours of my life this morning.

You will need to contact Virgin Media Ireland. If your Horizon is still working then your 360 is not activated. Don't waste anymore time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Delta2113 wrote: »
    You will need to contact Virgin Media Ireland. If your Horizon is still working then your 360 is not activated. Don't waste anymore time.

Thanks - no communication whatsoever from them to say that. I’ll contact them tomorrow.

Advertisement