Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not sure if there's many who are fond of reality competition shows but not fond enough to go out of their way and watch these shows as they first air but The Circle US is coming to UK Netflix tomorrow (assume the same in Ireland) and its well worth a watch if that's your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Not sure if there's many who are fond of reality competition shows but not fond enough to go out of their way and watch these shows as they first air but The Circle US is coming to UK Netflix tomorrow (assume the same in Ireland) and its well worth a watch if that's your thing.
    Is that season 1 of the US series? A full year after it's US premiere on Netflix? Took it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Basq wrote: »
    Is that season 1 of the US series? A full year after it's US premiere on Netflix? Took it's time.
    Yeah, should probably have explicitly stated that. Assume it's something to do with Channel 4 UK rights to The Circle but no idea what sort clauses would be in the Netflix deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

As a Karate Kid fan waaayyy back I can't believe I left it so long to watch Cobra Kai. I LOVE IT!!! Myself and the youngest just watched 6 episodes in a row there. It's like a big 80's hug with trimmings of nostalgia wrapped up in lots of cheeeessse.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,397 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Death to 2020 is....awful.
    Just doesn't work at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

peteeeed wrote: »

Uncle Buck

I rewatched Planes, Trains and Automobiles this week on All 4. What a classic

It's the perfect running time and the chemistry between Martin and Candy is amazing. But what really stood out on this viewing was Candy's acting chops. The guy was excellent

I'm not really sure Uncle Buck is in the same realm and we might be remembering it through rose tinted glases

There was a few stand out moments, but I don't remember it been anywhere near as strong as Planes, Trains

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

gmisk wrote: »
    Just doesn't work at all

Might be a sign of how bored I am, I got a laugh from it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

km79 wrote: »
    Uncle Buck YES
    I nearly paid for it on prime !
    It was on Christmas Eve on ITV2

Netflix isn't doing it for me on films at the moment.

Far too many of the good old films are on at the same time as broadcast.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008) ITV4 last night Wed 30 Dec 11:45pm-12:50am

• Registered Users Posts: 48,185 ✭✭✭✭km79

It was on Christmas Eve on ITV2

Netflix isn't doing it for me on films at the moment.

Far too many of the good old films are on at the same time as broadcast.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008) ITV4 last night Wed 30 Dec 11:45pm-12:50am

Spotted that alright but can’t record ITV2 and wasn’t able to watch it at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Lisha wrote: »
    Might be a sign of how bored I am, I got a laugh from it.

Me too, wasn't blown away but raised a few laughs here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Just doesn't work at all

i haven't watched it, on a scale 1-10 what's the level of wokeness in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,397 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    i haven't watched it, on a scale 1-10 what's the level of wokeness in it?
    I don't really rate programmes based on "wokeness"...but it was crap.

I wouldn't describe Brooker as "woke" he takes the hand out of everyone imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Cobra Kai: Season 3
    The unlikely hit sequel to The Karate Kid returns, taking place 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament with the continuation of the inescapable conflict between Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio) and Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka). Season 3 sees everyone reeling in the aftermath of the violent high school brawl between their dojos, which has left Miguel in a precarious condition. While Daniel searches for answers in his past and Johnny seeks redemption, Kreese further manipulates his vulnerable students with his own vision of dominance. The soul of the Valley is at stake, and the fate of every student and sensei hangs in the balance.

The Office (U.S.) 9 Seasons
    This hit comedy chronicles the foibles of disgruntled office workers -- led by deluded boss Michael Scott -- at the Dunder Mifflin paper company...

The Minimalists: Less Is Now
    They’ve built a movement out of minimalism. Longtime friends Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus share how our lives can be better with less.

Headspace: Guide to Meditation
    Headspace takes a friendly, animated look at the benefits of meditation while offering techniques and guided meditations to jump-start the new year.

Dredd
    In a catastrophic future, the remaining population is crowded into megacities, where all-powerful and ultraviolent cops keep the peace.

The Circle USA: Season 1
    The US incarnation of Channel 4’s hit reality series.
    Status and strategy collide in this social experiment and competition show where online players flirt, befriend and catfish their way toward $100,000.

The Creative Brain
    Neuroscientist David Eagleman taps into the creative process of various innovators while exploring brain-bending, risk-taking ways to spark creativity.

The Borrowers
    Full Out 2: You Got This!
    Wild Target
    Dream Home Makeover: Season 2
    American Mary
    Roger Waters: The Wall
    My Sister’s Keeper
    Here and Now
    All About Nina
    Fearless provocation has fueled stand-up comic Nina Geld's career, but a move to LA and a new love take her to new levels of honesty.

Arizona
    During an American real estate slump, a realtor must escape the rampage of an unhinged homeowner who's distraught over the dwindling value of his home

Bathtubs Over Broadway
    Valiant
    Turbo
    Shoot ‘Em Up
    Around the World in 80 Days(steve coogan )
    Blues Brothers
    Blues Brothers 2000
    Semi-Pro
    Dragon Nest: Warriors Dawn
    Monarca: Season 2
    My Sister’s Keeper
    Running Man: Season 1(Korean)
    Wanting to bring home the ultimate prize, a group of competitors gather for a championship -- and discover both friends and enemies as they play!

What Happened to Mr Cha?
    Easy Rider
    Green Street
    The Devils Own
    Backdraft
    When Louis Met... Chris Eubank
    The Wolf of Wall Street
    The Change-Up
    The Holiday (2006)
    Smokey and the Bandit
    Tower Heist
    Wonder
    Lone Survivor
    Saving Private Ryan
    Forbidden Ground
    Happy Gilmore
    Identity Thief

added

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Wait, the US lose The Office US today and we get it? Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Looks like I'm rewatching The US Office for 5th time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The US Office is one of the greatest shows ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Just doesn't work at all

Have to disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Dredd to start the new year. What a fantastic film, and if you haven't seen it yet you're missing out.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The Nal wrote: »

UK is better though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

UK is better though :-)

Difficult to compare the 2. The US version ran for 9 seasons. The first season is very similar to the UK version, and is terrible for it, but then it turns into its own thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The UK and US version of 'The Office' have identical names, and that's where the similarity ends.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Death to 2020 - I lasted 40 minutes. Terrible. Like a bad SNL sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The Nal wrote: »

The awkward cringe parts are the best like Scott's tots or Michael kissing Oscar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Dredd to start the new year. What a fantastic film, and if you haven't seen it yet you're missing out.

Perfect timing as I was trying to find the dvd the other day to no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Perfect timing as I was trying to find the dvd the other day to no success.

The Stallone one is a masterpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

giphy.gif

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

mmmm he takes his helmet off in the first 10 mins from what i can remember undoing everything the comics stood for `

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,134 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Certainly the production design was more in keeping with the comic (than the Karl Urban version),but otherwise that Stallone vehicle was just .. well. Just bad. If a fascinating time capsule of 90s, star driven blockbusters that existed simply for Arnie/Willis/Stallone to action around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Thanks for the laugh pal. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

pixelburp wrote: »
    Certainly the production design was more in keeping with the comic (than the Karl Urban version),but otherwise that Stallone vehicle was just .. well. Just bad. If a fascinating time capsule of 90s, star driven blockbusters that existed simply for Arnie/Willis/Stallone to action around in.

Karl Urban version is a tight action film while Stallones version falls into you may also like Flash Gordon(1981) territory

Advertisement