Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Issac wrote: »
    Valencia/Firminio I think but if you can afford Valencia why not go for Baines maybe?

Watford do have some nice fixtures coming up though. I've ended up with 3 of their players.....Holebas/Capoue/Deeney

Really not sold on Capoue but budget won't allow me better (want Bolaise)

Have Baines too. Defence I'm not happy with. Amat, Baines, Valencia, Friend, Lovren. I have Capoue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

keano_afc wrote: »
    Have Baines too. Defence I'm not happy with. Amat, Baines, Valencia, Friend, Lovren. I have Capoue also.

Sounds like we have similar teams....here's my latest draft:

Foster/Pick
    Baines/Lovern/Holebat/McAuley/Amat
    Sanch/Firminio/Antonio/Capoue/Fletcher
    Kun/Ibra/Deeney

Too much Watford?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Final dilemma (I think)

A. Valencia Baines Lenihan Sterling Rashford
    B. Lovren Williams Holebas Snodgrass Costa

Both options with £0.3m left ITB
    Only thing is with B I lose £0.1m on Snodgrass since I just sold him to get Firmino & Sterling in before they rise (and I've just realised I could have waited on Firmino :rolleyes:). Fatigue takes on me...

A. Rashford on the bench this GW. He's here for next GW and because he could rise and also because I have no idea who else to get. Rondon could be a 1-week punt. Deeney sounds Watford overkill. Lenihan is a temporary enabler. Valencia and/or Baines could be downgraded if needs be but I'd like to give them a longer run in my team.

B. Snodgrass on the bench this GW. No United attacking cover next GW. Holebas is only there because you guys are praising him. What's the fuss? OOP? Only for attacking potential or are Watford good candidates for CS?

iroced wrote: »
    Final dilemma (I think)

A. Valencia Baines Lenihan Sterling Rashford
    B. Lovren Williams Holebas Snodgrass Costa

Both options with £0.3m left ITB
    Only thing is with B I lose £0.1m on Snodgrass since I just sold him to get Firmino & Sterling in before they rise (and I've just realised I could have waited on Firmino :rolleyes:). Fatigue takes on me...

A. Rashford on the bench this GW. He's here for next GW and because he could rise and also because I have no idea who else to get. Rondon could be a 1-week punt. Deeney sounds Watford overkill. Lenihan is a temporary enabler. Valencia and/or Baines could be downgraded if needs be but I'd like to give them a longer run in my team.

B. Snodgrass on the bench this GW. No United attacking cover next GW. Holebas is only there because you guys are praising him. What's the fuss? OOP? Only for attacking potential or are Watford good candidates for CS?

I much prefer B. Too many people thinking Stoke will get tanked at old Trafford. I'm not so sure. Hughes has to address the basics now and will setup for a draw. Not sure united are dynamic enough to thump them. Jose will be delighted with a 1-0 if he gets it.

Also don't like Valencia in option A. They look a bit lost and teams are gonna fancy it against united. I got rid of double defence united this week with my WC. Jose looking more like his Chelsea team of last year rather than previous years.

Now if you could get Baines into option B then you're on to a real winner. I also think Snodgrass is a season keeper more so than any other cheap midfielder.

Edit - Holebas looked good recently and takes free kicks and corners (but not on both sides of the pitch). Watford have a good run of fixtures and look pretty good defensively too.

My biggest decision now is Deeney or Lukaku.

Straight choice I'd easily go Deeney but I currently have Lukaku due to high ownership and I fear being left further behind.

• Advertisement

Bolasie & Snodgrass
    or
    Antonio & Capoue

(have Deeney)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

A. Ibra Kun 6.5
    Or
    B.Kun Lukaku Costa

Has to be B. Doesn't it? :o

Straight choice I'd easily go Deeney but I currently have Lukaku due to high ownership and I fear being left further behind.

Had same choice but already have Kun & Ibra so didn't want too much tied up in forward line so went with Deeney.

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    A. Ibra Kun 6.5
    Or
    B.Kun Lukaku Costa

I went with A but with Deeney (6.9).

He has great fixtures and is playing well, has pens etc. If you are limited to 6.5 then ya I guess option B is best.

I went with A but with Deeney (6.9).

He has great fixtures and is playing well, has pens etc. If you are limited to 6.5 then ya I guess option B is best.

Deeney could fit I suppose but I'm trying Capoue as a playing mid so not too keen on double Watford attack

• Advertisement

I'd go lukaku in a straight choice but also depends on what that extra 2m or so can do to your team

Bolasie & Snodgrass
    or
    Antonio & Capoue

(have Deeney)

Bolassieand Snodgrass and quite an easy decision for me.

A. Ibra Kun 6.5
    Or
    B.Kun Lukaku Costa

Yeah B seems an easy choice to make.

I'd go lukaku in a straight choice but also depends on what that extra 2m or so can do to your team

Funnily enough the extra money wouldn't make a huge difference. I'm deadset on my midfield so it would allow me to upgrade my defence but I'd be very reluctant to invest any extra cash in defence. None of the premium options seem that great.

Watford good run goes up to Christmas (bar a couple of games mid-November & mid-December) so you may keep Lukaku for now (his form, fixtures & high ownership) and swaping for Deeney if needs be will be easy later on.

Re-Lovren. I know 'Pool had 4 of their 5 first games away but outside his goal he returned nothing. And with 'Pool playing so attacking I'm not too sure about their CS potential. Fixtures look great for sure though.
    And if Mourinho reverts to his good old 1-0 tactics, Valencia would be a good player to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

A. Clyne. Couthinho. Puncheon
    Or
    B. Lovren. Firmino. Snodgrass.

Thanks. On a wc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Fant11 wrote: »
    A. Clyne. Coutinho. Puncheon
    Or
    B. Lovren. Firmino. Snodgrass.

Thanks. On a wc.

neither. Two lfc players is madness. Get an Everton, Spurs or arsenal defender instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Any ideas on this ? 0.3 in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The Ibra drop brought him back into contention for me so added him in a last minute change (really don't trust Costa not to half someone today).

Foster Pickford
    Williams Lovern Holebas Amat Lenihen
    Sanchez Firmino Capoue Antonio Fletcher
    Augero Ibrahimovic Lukaku

- Cheapest possible bench. Should be no rotating between teams really until Christmas, so will upgrade Fletcher then.
    - Capoue is overreaching at the moment but I'm gonna go with it till it breaks. Easy to downgrade one of my strikers or something if needs be.
    - Defenders are a little weak but seeing as there's only 5 teams that have managed more than one clean sheet this season, I reckon attacking points are more likely than clean sheets at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Still debating to go with a strong front 8 or 7. Capoue has been on the bench for all his hauls & Im feeling thats where he will be again over the next few weeks as well. Could downgrade someone else & improve the defence massively

• Advertisement

Still debating to go with a strong front 8 or 7. Capoue has been on the bench for all his hauls & Im feeling thats where he will be again over the next few weeks as well. Could downgrade someone else & improve the defence massively

Yeah. Looked at my final WC team an hour ago and cashed in on Capoue for Fletcher. He will never get ahead of my other midfielders so can't reason having him.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The Ibra drop brought him back into contention for me so added him in a last minute change (really don't trust Costa not to half someone today).

Foster Pickford
    Williams Lovern Holebas Amat Lenihen
    Sanchez Firmino Capoue Antonio Fletcher
    Augero Ibrahimovic Lukaku

- Cheapest possible bench. Should be no rotating between teams really until Christmas, so will upgrade Fletcher then.
    - Capoue is overreaching at the moment but I'm gonna go with it till it breaks. Easy to downgrade one of my strikers or something if needs be.
    - Defenders are a little weak but seeing as there's only 5 teams that have managed more than one clean sheet this season, I reckon attacking points are more likely than clean sheets at the moment.

On your final point re defenders - I was thinking along the same lines and next year I'll be starting with a 'weak' or cheap defence but now I'm thinking that some of the teams will be more settled / match fit so I've invested a tad more on my defence as Arsenal, Liverpool and City have some great upcoming fixtures.

Edit - are you the Watford fan ? I fancy Holebas myself but the sounds of Abductor injury have scared me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm seeing holebas is a lot of teams....is he not an injury doubt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Finalising WC details.

Baines & Kone/4.5m or Williams & PVA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finalising WC details.

Baines & Kone/4.5m or Williams & PVA?

Baines and Kone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Need to take -4 to get Aguero and still don't like my team so thinking of wildcarding to

Fabianski Boruc

Lovren Van Dijk Coleman PVA Amat

Snodgrass Townsend Sanchez Firmino Matic

Aguero Lukaku Austin

Any feedback welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Foster---Jaku

Baines--Amat--Friend--Valencia--Lovren

Capoue--Sanchez--Sterling--Fletcher--Firmino

Benteke--Lukaku--Aguero

No money left, strong front 8 the plan. Can rotate Snodgrass and Capoue.

Anything else I should consider?

Last minute advice?

Last minute advice?

Jaku to Pickford as looks like he's losing his place to Marshall.

Also somebody just posted (in the game week thread) that Klavan might be starting ahead of Lovern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm seeing holebas is a lot of teams....is he not an injury doubt?

He's 50/50. Mazarri was 'hopeful' and he doesn't play till Monday.

Has great fixtures so even if he missed this week I'd be getting him if I was on WC.

• Advertisement

OK final(???!!!) draft:

Goalkeepers:

Foster & Pickford

Defence:

Baines / Clyne / Holebas / Robertson / Amat

Midfield:

DeBrune / Firminio / Bolaise / Snodgrass / Fletcher

Forwards

Kun / Ibra / Deeney

Goalkeepers is a Pulis and and cheapie in a Moyse setup that has a few nice fixtures

Defense; Bains looking solid and on pens, Clyne has nice fixtures, Holebas is a good attacking back on some set pieces & nice fixtures, Robertson same story (not sure about set pieces), Amat is a playing cheapie

Midfield: KDB is on fire (changing to Sanch next week), Firminio form & fixtures, Snodgrass form, fixtures & set pieces, Bolaise looks good to me (loads of crossing!), Fletch is fodder

Up front: Kun because Kun, Ibra because Ibra and Deeney good fixture & set pieces.

Am I good???? Would have liked Antonio but can't get him in without sacrificing a big hitter and with WH defense in tatters he could be moved to the back line?

Any thoughts?? Tell me I'm good to go!

OK final(???!!!) draft:

Goalkeepers:

Foster & Pickford

Defence:

Baines / Clyne / Holebas / Robertson / Amat

Midfield:

DeBrune / Firminio / Bolaise / Snodgrass / Fletcher

Forwards

Kun / Ibra / Deeney

Goalkeepers is a Pulis and and cheapie in a Moyse setup that has a few nice fixtures

Defense; Bains looking solid and on pens, Clyne has nice fixtures, Holebas is a good attacking back on some set pieces & nice fixtures, Robertson same story (not sure about set pieces), Amat is a playing cheapie

Midfield: KDB is on fire (changing to Sanch next week), Firminio form & fixtures, Snodgrass form, fixtures & set pieces, Bolaise looks good to me (loads of crossing!), Fletch is fodder

Up front: Kun because Kun, Ibra because Ibra and Deeney good fixture & set pieces.

Am I good???? Would have liked Antonio but can't get him in without sacrificing a big hitter and with WH defense in tatters he could be moved to the back line?

Any thoughts?? Tell me I'm good to go!

Have you any money left ITB
    Overall I like it and I think deeney is a better pick for Watfords fixtures than Capoue
    I also like snodgrass BUT I'm not sure I'd like to have to start him every week especially next 2 and also having Robertson
    You could chance puncheon or Townsend for the 2 weeks maybe ?
    No Arsenal midfield could burn you though

km79 wrote: »
    Have you any money left ITB
    Overall I like it and I think deeney is a better pick for Watfords fixtures than Capoue
    I also like snodgrass BUT I'm not sure I'd like to have to start him every week especially next 2 and also having Robertson
    You could chance puncheon or Townsend for the 2 weeks maybe ?
    No Arsenal midfield could burn you though

Thanks for that, I could go Puncheon alright, I had Townsend up until last week (lost 0.2 on him) but their fixtures aren't great and Dann is out so less returns overall at CP I think?

Moving KDB out for Sanch next week to cover Aresenal. If I decide to go with someone cheaper in the AR setup I could upgrade Snodgrass then I guess. Hmmm....

Or I could swap Robertson out for Smith (BOU) and hold Snodgrass maybe?

Last 30min dilemmas:

Costa-Snodgrass or Rashford-Sterling?

Have been debating this for days now...

Thanks for that, I could go Puncheon alright, I had Townsend up until last week (lost 0.2 on him) but their fixtures aren't great and Dann is out so less returns overall at CP I think?

Moving KDB out for Sanch next week to cover Aresenal. If I decide to go with someone cheaper in the AR setup I could upgrade Snodgrass then I guess. Hmmm....

Or I could swap Robertson out for Smith (BOU) and hold Snodgrass maybe?

I think Watford rotate very well with Bournemouth and smith is also very attacking

iroced wrote: »
    Last 30min dilemmas:

Have been debating this for days now...

Rashford & Sterling

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I think Watford rotate very well with Bournemouth and smith is also very attacking

Done! Thanks.

need to get away from the laptop......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wound up with:

Pickford Heaton
    Williams Stones Lovren Holebas Amat
    Sanchez Sterling Antonio Firmino Capoue
    Aguero Lukaku Deeney

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Wound up with:

Pickford Heaton
    Williams Stones Lovren Holebas Amat
    Sanchez Sterling Antonio Firmino Capoue
    Aguero Lukaku Deeney

Nice looking team. I had a similar draft earlier but wanted to hold onto Ibra and have Clyne and Baines so there went another 1M so my midfield isn't as shiny as yours, I'd say you're well set though. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Alot of Watford players in plenty of teams... mmmm I'm not convinced

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Nice looking team. I had a similar draft earlier but wanted to hold onto Ibra and have Clyne and Baines so there went another 1M so my midfield isn't as shiny as yours, I'd say you're well set though. Good luck.

Really wanted Baines but just couldn't find the extra funds. Ibra is the most likely to hurt me but you can't have everyone.

• Advertisement

Think I've settled on a final draft:

Foster - Pickford
    Williams - Lovren - Holebas - Evans - Amat
    Sanchez- Firmino - Antonio - Capoue - Snodgrass
    Lukaku - Kun - Costa

Only worry with this team is there is 0 in the bank but overall I'm pretty happy. Risking no spurs cover and no premium defenders but I'll play that by ear. Otherwise it's solid enough and has plenty of explosive players and decent fixtures. Could downgrade snodgrass to a 4.5 but I'm not convinced on Capoue yet. He gets 2 weeks to prove himself as a starter and then I'll reconsider.

Is there any glaringly obvious mistakes I'm missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Wildcarded to this ::

Heaton Pickford
    Lovren Williams A. Smith McNair Kingsley
    Sanchez De Bruyne Antonio Snodgrass Capoue
    Aguero Ibra Diomande

Kingsley and Diomande will be on the bench most of the time

Mcnair is a punt. 0.6 to upgrade him if he doesnt play :)

Finally

Valencia-Lenihan or Lovren-Holebas?

I guess I'm gonna have to let Valencia go. Also United fixtures aren't exceptional bar next GW...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

option b for me iroced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

thewools wrote:
    Pickford (Jaku) Baines Lovran Evans (Amat, Friend)

Antonio Snodgrass Sterling Sanchez Capoue

Lukaku kun Costa

Sticking with it hoping that Jaku rises..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

iroced wrote:

Rasbford sterling. Its a punt but fixtures are better and Rashford really is the briggt spark in Uniteds difficult period averaging a goal every 84 mins this season.

Sterling has potential for bigger scires than snodgrass but is a rotation risk. Personally i have gone for Rashford and firninho

Cheers zarquon. I've gone for it (especially with next GW in mind) and have Firmino too.

Bet you're glad you went with Rashford now!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Benteke and Firmino

Working out well so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Working out well so far

Apologies for not being Mystic Meg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement