Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Comic Book/Superhero films

Options
  • 10-01-2016 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

We are going to be spoiled for choice this year, starting with

Deadpool - February 4th

Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice - March 25th

Captain America: Civil War - April 29th

X-Men: Apocalypse - May 19th

Suicide Squad - August 5th

Gambit - October 7th

Doctor Strange - October 28th

Dates taken from http://www.scannain.com/upcoming-irish-cinema-release-dates

Maybe also sticky this, making it easier for everyone to keep track of instead of going through pages upon pages once the forum takes off.

Comments

I thought, last year, that I was starting to lose interest in SH films, especially after Ultron, but Marvel seem to be listening and moving away from their tired formula

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Gambit - October 7th

Has this not been pushed back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

**** man, I'm sure that all these movies will be good, but Civil War, I'm so hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Has this not been pushed back?

I haven't seen anything saying otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I doubt it will be October anyway as it hasn't even started filming yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Some places are saying the 10th or 12th for deadpool

pah wrote: »
    Some places are saying the 10th or 12th for deadpool

They are the American & UK release dates i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Looks like a diverse line-up of stuff ther and with the flash, agents of shield, agent Carter, daredevil, Jessica Jones, legends of tomorrow, Luke Cage and I suppose Green Arrow on TV, we really are into the silver age of superheroes on screens big, small and internetty.

Hopefully we get some real crackers this year!

Love X-Men and have high hopes for Gambit. Dunno why though, as Fox have mishandled most of their Marvel properties.

Civil War hopefully continues on the impressive Captain Anerica run, which has so surprised me. In my view, I think the two Cap movies were better than the two Avenger outings.
    Hopefully the inclusion of Stark et al doesn't ruin Cap's run.

Deadpool and doctor strange (also Gambit) never thought we'd see these get solo outings.

Silver age indeed.

Excelsior!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

I ain't looking forward to suicide squad, the trailers make me think we're in for a cringefest

I ain't looking forward to suicide squad, the trailers make me think we're in for a cringefest

You're basing that opinion on the fact that only 1 trailer has been released, fair enough that's your opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You're basing that opinion on the fact that only 1 trailer has been released, fair enough that's your opinion.

Sure what else would I base it on. I've very little interest in reading the comics (I do read comics) and every photo I've seen just makes me think it'll be cap. . Just my opinion and I will probably watch it like

Sure what else would I base it on. I've very little interest in reading the comics (I do read comics) and every photo I've seen just makes me think it'll be cap. . Just my opinion and I will probably watch it like

I am looking forward to it. My only gripe agaimst it is that they used Arrow to test it, had a very good Deadshot and teased us with Tara Strong as Harleyquinn. Only to scrap them, based on the film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mostly, Jared Leto's whole "I'm really turning into the Joker" pretentious **** is making me feel cringe for it....

Mostly, Jared Leto's whole "I'm really turning into the Joker" pretentious **** is making me feel cringe for it....

That's his method acting ''shtick'', Leto is the proverbial wild card in the film, he could deliver an awesome performance worthy of sitting along side Nicholson's & Ledger's, or he could tank a la rebooted Fantastic Four, I seriously hope it's the former.. Guess we'll find out in August.

That's his method acting ''shtick'', Leto is the proverbial wild card in the film, he could deliver an awesome performance worthy of sitting along side Nicholson's & Ledger's, or he could tank a la rebooted Fantastic Four, I seriously hope it's the former.. Guess we'll find out in August.

Yeah, I find the method acting crap really embarrassing. Tbh, I reckon he'll turn in a very average performance, if over the top, and get praised as being the best incarnation of the J-Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll more than likely go see all of them (hell I went to Fantastic Four despite the hugely negative reviews), but the ones I'm most excited for are definitely the first 3; Deadpool, BvS and Civil War. The rest, I have my reservations about.

Suicide Squad runs the risk of just becoming the Joker & Harley show.

X-Men Apocalypse, tbh I enjoyed First Class, but really disliked Days of Future Past. I'm willing to be swayed back, but it's hard to say.

Gambit, I really like Channing Tatum (well, based on the Jump Street films), but I don't know if this is for him or if Gambit is a strong enough character to have his own film.

Doctor Strange will be very difficult to bring 'magic' into it and still have good action sequences etc. The first Thor film struck a great balance between exposition, action & humour. This may be even harder to do with Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

I am looking forward to it. My only gripe agaimst it is that they used Arrow to test it, had a very good Deadshot and teased us with Tara Strong as Harleyquinn. Only to scrap them, based on the film

They ditched the cast from Arrow? Well f*ck that then, not interested.

JustShon wrote: »
    They ditched the cast from Arrow? Well f*ck that then, not interested.

The cast from Arrow have nothing to do with the Suicide Squad movie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

The cast from Arrow have nothing to do with the Suicide Squad movie :pac:

Please see previous statement relating to "f*ck that" and "not interested" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New Suicide Squad trailer, looks absolutely class. I was fully sure it was out in a couple of months though, not August!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I just watched Batman: Bad Blood.

Not sure if this is the correct thread.

Allyall wrote: »
    I just watched Batman: Bad Blood.

Not sure if this is the correct thread.

Yup, this thread will do!

What did you think? I thought it pretty much sucked. I haven't really enjoyed any of the DC animated movies since they decided to go with a New52 shared universe idea. All the older, self-contained movies were great (Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Superman: Doom, Green Lantern: First Flight etc etc) were great. Then they did Flashpoint (in the form of The Flashpoint Paradox) and that was pretty good. And then it was New52 era and everything's just been less fun..,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yup, this thread will do!

What did you think? I thought it pretty much sucked. I haven't really enjoyed any of the DC animated movies since they decided to go with a New52 shared universe idea. All the older, self-contained movies were great (Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Superman: Doom, Green Lantern: First Flight etc etc) were great. Then they did Flashpoint (in the form of The Flashpoint Paradox) and that was pretty good. And then it was New52 era and everything's just been less fun..,

I wasn't sure whether or not to comment on what I thought. I've pretty much the same view as you on it though. How many heroes and villains were in it?? :eek:
    Too many, and most weren't even there for any reason.
    Variations of different sub plots in the storyline have been done to death, it was like they used a bit from here and a tiny bit from there etc..
    This movie could easily go into the 'worst super hero movie of all time' thread.
    They have been getting worse.
    I'm not even sure if I like The Flashpoint Paradox tbh, I'll have to watch ity again, as I watched it when I was very ill.
    I hope they start to turn things around and make things more exciting/better, starting with JL vs TT. They surely couldn't get any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm looking forward to all of this year's films, except for Batman v Superman, because going on the films he's directed in the past I really don't like anything Zack Snyder has done, and thought Man Of Steel was absoulte p*ss. I'll still most likely go and see Batman v Superman, but the trailer didn't squash any of my fears, so I'm not expecting much.

I'm really looking forward to Deadpool this week - it looks fantastic and the promotion for the film has been inspired, to say the least...

I'm really looking forward to Deadpool this week - it looks fantastic and the promotion for the film has been inspired, to say the least...

2Wziw4O.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is that^ Olivia Munn?

Is that^ Olivia Munn?

Looks like. She's psylocke in AoA and marketing kicking off for that now

Is that^ Olivia Munn?

Yup. Psylocke in new X-Men movie, which Deadpool shares a cinematic universe with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Penn wrote: »
    2Wziw4O.gif

That's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

I've missed out on a lot as I try to avoid anything after the first trailer for films I want to see.

A Deadpool video played after something I was watching on facebook and I watched it and
    Colossus
    pops up. Not sure if he'll have a role in the movie but I would of preferred to see it on screen. Still will be nowhere near the spoiler reveal in the Bats v Supes trailer!

Advertisement