Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springbok Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Scotland should have 3 men binned by now.

Poite is having a mare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Scotland should have 3 men binned by now.

Poite is having a mare

I think Poite is reffing it pretty well tbh, bar the yellow card. But that was the tmo

Pienaar reminds me of a JCT scrumhalf who really doesnt care whats going on

This is the problem with the coach....he is not doing it but keeps him on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I believe South Africa have the talent to win the World Cup in 2015 and 2019. I believe a new golden generation is coming through and part of my reasoning for starting this thread.

Kiss of death right there.

Sorry but how many times have Scotland taking the man in the air in the line outs. Its incredible how no one is noticing it

• Advertisement

That one with the dragons from Game Of Thrones is having a good game at 6

Bismark coming on.

Good to see

Pat Lambie, what an inspired subsitution.

How can Meyer now leave Brussow out of the squad and especially with Louw out.

Clearly they have lost that battle by miles

Bismark coming on.

Good to see

Done more work on the ground that Spies and Coetzee combined

• Advertisement

Terrible call from Poite there, perfect steal from Scottish 23

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

How was that not a penalty to Scotland for holding on

Good try by young Serforntein

Wow, that was beyond awful from Denton

Scotland played well and can feel aggrieved about the yellow and that penalty at the end

Very poor performance by South Africa.

Rudderless at 9 and 10. No leadership up front and De Villers went backwards and did not lead by example.

The bench made the difference.

Bismark showed his work and should get a full 80 next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭marc96

Boks played terrible but let's but forget the scots try should not have been given for obstruction!the yellow was correct as u can't push a player open handed in the face,rules are rules.scots number 6 should have been binned too.alot if work to be done with the boks but still showed character to win.

Hope Botha will be back soon.

South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jean de Villiers (c) / Jan Serfontein, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Willem Alberts / Siya Kolisi, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Flip van der Merwe, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
    Replacements: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Coenie Oosthuizen, 19 Juandré Kruger, 20 Siya Kolisi / Marcell Coetzee, 21 Piet van Zyl, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jan Serfontein / Juan de Jongh

Loads more beef up front with Flip Van Der Merve and William Alberts and Francois Louw all back in. Prob a extra 5 stone combined added to the pack. Louw for me is the leader of this springbok pack and team for me. A class class act.

Tbh I really don't rate Louw at this level. Keeps Heinrich Brussouw out because Meyer seems to think being 6 foot 4 is the be all and end all. This should be very interesting. SA need a big performance and Loftus is the ground to produce it. Wouldn't be surprised though if Samoa thrive on the intimidating surroundings.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Tbh I really don't rate Louw at this level. Keeps Heinrich Brussouw out because Meyer seems to think being 6 foot 4 is the be all and end all. This should be very interesting. SA need a big performance and Loftus is the ground to produce it. Wouldn't be surprised though if Samoa thrive on the intimidating surroundings.

Ideally you would love to see Brussow be playing and Brussow is a fantastic player....but Meyer is stubborn and Louw is only alternative and i do actually mean only. He has added physicality and a good line out option as well.

This will be a very interesting game.

I think Louw is great for Bath but the SA pack is imbalanced with him at 6. It's a shame Brussouw's going off to Japan which means he can still play super xv but no internationals. It's clear though that Meyer simply doesn't rate him so it's fair enough to try and get a nice payday and maybe come back when a new coach is installed.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    I think Louw is great for Bath but the SA pack is imbalanced with him at 6. It's a shame Brussouw's going off to Japan which means he can still play super xv but no internationals. It's clear though that Meyer simply doesn't rate him so it's fair enough to try and get a nice payday and maybe come back when a new coach is installed.

He is only 26....so there is plenty of time left.

I think the backrow will have much better balance this week for what it is worth.

Much more impressive set piece from the BOKS

Looks like Census Johnston is not playing...sure that is a huge loss.

Johnston, given the lack of quality at the position, might be one of the best tightheads in the world. Him and Mulipola are very formidable. Combined with the fact they can't play Fotuali'i this ought to be a cakewalk for SA.

Silly stuff from South Africa....Le Roux got caught with that up and under.

Poor by Spies at the base....basic stuff by South Africa that are constantly letting them down.

They have been better at ruck time tho....Van Der Merve and Alberts shunting there considerable size about.

Le Roux has just a lovely pass....really cuts defenders off.

Again the base of the ruck is a problem with Pienaar....its been better but it can be a whole load better.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 fishook

springboks 1 of my favurite teams, can alwys bargeyou over foratry

It has to be said Meyer has been spot on regards the back row.

He always maintained that Alberts is a certainty to start no matter what as is Louw. This is a fantastic performance by the 6 7 combo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Great performance from the Boks so far. Ruling the roost in nearly every aspect of the game.

As a nation they can also boast the two best hookers in world rugby in Strauss and Bismarc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Having not known much about Le Roux in the past and then hearing whispers he was Leinster-bound I began following him.

I really wish we landed him.

• Advertisement

To be honest Leeroy its much better for the game Leinster did not sign him IMO. He has everything in his game...if he can just keep doing the basics simply he be in the Boks for certain when everyone is fully fit.

Jean De Villers should be given a rest and Jan Serfontein should be giving a good run as should Piet Van Ziel. Flip Van Der Merve is having a great game....I think him and Etzebeth could be a nice combo. Kruger is far too light weight IMO....Botha obviously is another option for the 4 nations.

Advertisement