Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Have the S3 for about a month now, love the phone but I'm having a problem with the volume rocker. It feels like it's been tightly wedged into the body of the phone and if I tap the volume up, goes all the way up straight away. Was thinking there's no "rebound" from perssing the button because it's so tight.
    Anyone else having a similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Nope,mine's fine. Sounds like it got a knock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Having a problem with a new S3 on the Three network.

The phone is consistently going into roaming mode while in Dublin, which is accompanied by "Call Fowarding: Forwarding all voice calls" and "Data roaming: You have lost data connectivity because..."

Phone Details
    AP: I9300XXALF6
    CP: I9300NELF1
    CSC: I93003IEALF1

This is the latest firmware Three have available and as it's a work phone I'm not comfortable flashing the latest generic firmware until I've had it a few months and I'm confident there are no hardware faults with it.

Can anyone think of a reason the signal is dropping, other than Three's network is muck? The other S3 in the office is having similar trouble. I need to get it sorted quickly as I'm on call this week.

Yes I have contacted Three, they'll get back to me tomorrow, however if it is a firmware fault I'll flash the latest tonight.

Cheers guys,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The phone is consistently going into roaming mode while in Dublin, which is accompanied by "Call Fowarding: Forwarding all voice calls" and "Data roaming: You have lost data connectivity because..."

Phone Details

This is the latest firmware Three have available and as it's a work phone I'm not comfortable flashing the latest generic firmware until I've had it a few months and I'm confident there are no hardware faults with it.

Can anyone think of a reason the signal is dropping, other than Three's network is muck? The other S3 in the office is having similar trouble. I need to get it sorted quickly as I'm on call this week.

Yes I have contacted Three, they'll get back to me tomorrow, however if it is a firmware fault I'll flash the latest tonight.

Cheers guys,
    ^
    This, all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Thanks for that mate.

I've sent in a request to our account manager. I know they'll be installing amps in the building as network coverage is bad here for all networks, but I've had drops all over Dublin. The move seemed great on paper as o2 had been screwing us around, just hope it turns out all right.

Phone Details

Cheers guys,

same as. happened to me on o'connell street, phoenix park, and in sandyford. but I've been back to those areas since and it's only occurred intermittently.
    Was very bad when I first got the phone a month ago, but it's about a week since it happened now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2BT

same as. happened to me on o'connell street, phoenix park, and in sandyford. but I've been back to those areas since and it's only occurred intermittently.
    Was very bad when I first got the phone a month ago, but it's about a week since it happened now

Phoenix Park is brutal for coverage on any network. Always hit & miss in Sandyford. If you can't get coverage on O'Connell Street though theres something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

^^ yeah no coverage in Dublin CC I would walk away from that operator big time if not a phone bug.....That shower (that sponsor an Area by the quays) are the worst operator going......breakin the law left right and centre with the stuff they try to enforce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I remember seeing this in the main S3 thread a few times but cant find it now....

I just picked up a new S3 yesterday. Am noticing the same problem as others have mentioned with battery drain for cell standby - out of all my battery info. cell standby has so far used 44% - screen is only 18%....

What is the solution for this ?????

Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

It seems to be a firmware issue. There is a fix for it in one of the S3 threads or if you do a bit of googling. If I remember correctly, it requires rooting the phone
    I didn't want to root my phone (warranty reasons) so I updated my Vodafone firmware with an official UK simfree version (I9300XXBLG8) and the problem is gone.
    Now the biggest battery drain (for me) is the phone radio signal.
    I remember seeing this in the main S3 thread a few times but cant find it now....

I just picked up a new S3 yesterday. Am noticing the same problem as others have mentioned with battery drain for cell standby - out of all my battery info. cell standby has so far used 44% - screen is only 18%....

Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

Thanks very much.

There was a firmware update released yesterday for solve this. I got it this morning and have already seen an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Thanks very much.

This is just a reporting issue. Cell standby isn't actually using the resources.

Mine is the same and I have to say (as a regulars moaner about Android battery life) my battery life is brilliant! At the end of the day (8am - 9pm) I still have more than half the battery left.

Edit: running unbranded UK firmware.

Also, anyone notice the weather app on the lockscreen not updating?

yep...mine too.

I also picked up another problem. Certain *# codes no longer work.
    I get an error "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".
    I googled this and it seems quite a common problem
    Bad Panda wrote: »
    Edit: running unbranded UK firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I bought a Galaxy SIII a couple of days ago, really like the phone but I have a horrendous echo during calls, I have turned the noise reduction off but I am sick of hearing myself during calls

Anyone else have this?

SOLVED:
    Settings -> Security -> Lock screen options -> Weather -> Set it to "on". Double tap "Weather" -> you should see an auto refresh option.

Anyone have a working solution for this error:
    "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Happens only when I try to use some '*#...#' codes
    Some work fine. Others simply don't work and I get this error.
    Tried googling it but, even though the problem seems quite common, couldn't find a real solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Italia wrote: »
    SOLVED:
    Settings -> Security -> Lock screen options -> Weather -> Set it to "on". Double tap "Weather" -> you should see an auto refresh option.

Yeah I have it set to auto refresh, but doesn't seem to refresh.

Have you got the "sync" option active?
    Mine updates normally now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Did you change from the Touchwiz launcher. Seems like it will only update if you stick with the touchwiz lanucher.

No. As yet no solution, but it seems to be a very common problem.

Question - have you flashed XXBLG8? Set CSC to BTU?
    If yes, try a simcard from a different provider. Might be that the phone is automagically unlocked.
    If not, then the only solution I can see, is to flash back the Vodafone Ireland firmware and unlock it. If still gives problems, you can take it back to VF and complain that the phone is...... "defective".....;)

I saw your post on xda (in reply to mine ;) )
    Would you mind posting what VF have to say?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

For some reason when I start my browser my screen darkens, the brighness seems to go down. What gives? Id say its some setting I have on...

Not really a problem, more a minor annoyance but when I go swipe on the lock screen to go to the enter unlock code screen, the background moves slightly - is the image stretched to fit one screen but not the other?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

My 2 month old GS3 is gone back for repair.

Calls stopped working. Incoming and outgoing.

Call timer was on the screen but no dial tone before hand and couldnt hear anything.

I'm not the only one with the issue seemingly.

Advertisement