Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

carzony wrote: »
    My mates transit ended up in Uganda after they rebuilt the entire engine. A lad who exports them over to his country told us he bought 100's of them transits here and got them to Uganda where they rebuild them were needed and use them for at least another 5-10 years :D:D

These lads only buy the old type vans like transporters, transits they go mad for them..

They refuse to buy any of the updated crap :P:D

Stuff used to be 'kept on the road' here until the EU decided we all needed tech-heavy bling bling machines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Capri wrote: »
    Stuff used to be 'kept on the road' here until the EU decided we all needed tech-heavy bling bling machines :(

I don't think any of the modern yokes will last as long as that transit.

I wonder if the Met Tractor unit is for a campaign for blind spots?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94428717&postcount=1810

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I do recall the Central Motorways Police Group had some sort of Tractor ( - trailer) trying to catch out lorry drivers on their phones/playing solitaire/cooking while driving.

donvito99 wrote: »
    I do recall the Central Motorways Police Group had some sort of Tractor ( - trailer) trying to catch out lorry drivers on their phones/playing solitaire/cooking while driving.

• Advertisement

The Met fund themselves by giving driving courses as well

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/drivingschooldrivingcourses

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/drivingschooltechnicalcourses

.....we have also trained officers from abroad including Australia, Finland, Ireland and Cyprus in collision investigation and vehicle examination....All of the instructors in the unit are considered experts and have been or are serving police officers with a background in Collision Investigation

Capri wrote: »

AGS did training for overseas forces until the college closed a few years back.

Focus h/b and Terrano - same light bars on both even though years apart, but 2 on the Terrano seem like overkill :rolleyes:

That focus looks like it was marked up really fast.. Looks like it needs more reflective stickers added to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

That focus looks like it was marked up really fast.. Looks like it needs more reflective stickers added to it.

I would imagine it was previously unmarked and resprayed white

• Advertisement

D Trent wrote: »

Doubt they resprayed it. I'd imagine it was just a white unmarked focus previously and a few sticks were put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Doubt they resprayed it. I'd imagine it was just a white unmarked focus previously and a few sticks were put on it.

There was few them bought, limerick had one in Mayorstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

One of the the 'new' RSU V70's passed me on blues in Galway this evening, first time i've spotted it down here, don't know if they replaced one or both of the cars. Much better light set up with the blue/white LED bar than previous XC70.

POGAN wrote: »

That shape focus looks much better than the long saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

POGAN wrote: »

Roxboro, but yes there was one down here. Looked odd as a marked hatchback instead of the saloon.

D Trent wrote: »

It was always white. DDU in Ronanstown had one. That one pictured is the compol car in Kilmainham.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

source wrote: »
    Roxboro, but yes there was one down here. Looked odd as a marked hatchback instead of the saloon.

Sorry won't station 😄 cork city have unmarked one aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 13 loulouangela88

I need help with my Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci 07. Problems started in November. Car started intermittently chugging and spluttering. After 2 weeks engine warning light came on- the injectors were gone- 3 injectors were reconditioned. Egr valve had to be replaced also. Recieved car back and slight chugging and not smooth when sitting idle so fuel filter and fuel sensor replaced. Recieved car back 1 week ago and chugging and spluttering occurring again, worse when cold. But when car being driven it feels perfect. Please help me. I'm at my wits end. Mechanic doesn't know what else it could be.

Jesus the focus has fog lights on the front :)

Looks fresh enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I need help with my Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci 07. Problems started in November. Car started intermittently chugging and spluttering. After 2 weeks engine warning light came on- the injectors were gone- 3 injectors were reconditioned. Egr valve had to be replaced also. Recieved car back and slight chugging and not smooth when sitting idle so fuel filter and fuel sensor replaced. Recieved car back 1 week ago and chugging and spluttering occurring again, worse when cold. But when car being driven it feels perfect. Please help me. I'm at my wits end. Mechanic doesn't know what else it could be.

Be best asking in motors.

This is for emergency services

• Advertisement

Jesus the focus has fog lights on the front :)

Looks fresh enough.

The pic is a couple of years old now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Is the there a unmarked 151 BMW rolling around on the m50?

Boaty wrote: »

Saw an unmarked i40 saloon today - too quick to get a picture :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

That dog unit van in the photo thread, does anyone know what make and model that van is?
    I know it was a UK make.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

kub wrote: »
    That dog unit van in the photo thread, does anyone know what make and model that van is?
    I know it was a UK make.

It would have been a BL/Freightrover* Sherpa

Sherpa was the model name - but because British Leyland, Austin Rover and co changed their branding - I can't remember what the exact brand name it used for the make.

Fairly sure it was Freight Rover though

Later versions were Leyland Daf - and then LDV - due to owner changes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Boaty wrote: »

Maybe , but definitely a black 06 bmw 523 i

Bigus wrote: »
    Maybe , but definitely a black 06 bmw 523 i

Probably the dark green 5-series with the tow bar that I posted a pic of before ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

What bike is this? Marked police not garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Looks like a BMW, I believe they've a couple on trial.

AFAIK, the Honda Deauville is being discontinued, so AGS have to look at alternatives.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yamaha fjr 1300

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2qW6wXHI1Ookk7iHs3QU9coJ8KkyWXsB-7ii8VAAddImeLbb-

Advertisement