Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do now?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Is a postgraduate course the right option to persue in these times?Does anyone have any suggestions of a business/computing related course which would be a year well spent?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Is a postgraduate course the right option to persue in these times?

Better qualifications always help.
    Does anyone have any suggestions of a business/computing related course which would be a year well spent?

Do you mean a conversion course for someone who hasn't studied these things at undergrad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Is a postgraduate course the right option to persue in these times?

It is important to make sure that any post-graduate course is right for you as there are an awful lot out there leading nowhere in particular.

That said, I think anyone in college at the moment is in the right place. The arguments for being in college as opposed to trying to join the work-force right now are compelling. In fact, I have to laugh when I hear people say they feel sorry for people starting college right now. I think they are in the best place possible for that four years when you consider the alternative.

If you can justify the post-graduate course per se (that is to say that you are convinced of its benefits and you can reasonably afford it) then it is unlikely that you will spend a more gainful twelve months doing anything else in the current environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

There's some buissness/computer science masters in UCD thats covered by the national skills conversion thing....E1750.....1 year, happy days!

Thats if you want to do it.

Looks like a good decision to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Sorry for not getting back earlier.Thanks for all the help guys.I will look up that course in UCD and see how what it offers.Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

There's some buissness/computer science masters in UCD thats covered by the national skills conversion thing....E1750.....1 year, happy days!

perhaps this is the one you mean
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055470240

subsidised courses here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055308628

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Sorry again folks but does anyone out there have an opinion on this course (Athlone Institute of Technology - Business Analysis and Information Systems) or has anyone else done this course?

Thanks!

Advertisement