Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair query

Options
  • 10-02-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

I'm new to betfair and was looking at odds on the rugby for sunday. Not really bothered with the match betting but I was wondering what this means./

Ireland V Italy

LAY bet :

You are betting AGAINST Italy to win 8/1

If I put 100 on this, and Italy lose...then €800 payout?( 99% sure this is not the case, but wondering in case its some sort of error?)

OR

Am I betting against someone elses back on italy to lose?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, betfair looks really interesting and I just want to get my head around it..

Thanks
    ff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

You are accepting a bet at 8/1.

Effectively, you are willing to accept a bet that Italy will win.

If they do, you win 8 times your stake.

If they lose or draw, you lose your stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Lay Italy 8/1 for €100 means you are the bookie offering 8/1 against Italy winning. If Italy lose or draw you get €100 less Betfairs commission, if they win you lose €800. Check out the horse racing forum where there is an extensive sticky thread about the ins and outs of Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

Paddy's explanation is ten times better than mine.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭kingshankly

when your putting on your bet it will give you your total liability before you confirm your bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ahh thanks - i couldn't figure it out for the life of me!

Advertisement