Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claude Yvel

Options
  • 26-11-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone has any info ont he Artist Claude Yvel.

All I could find about him is that he is a French Surrealist arist,Born in the 1930's.

Reason I ask is we have one of his original paintings.My Grandmother nearly 60 years ago bought a painting from an artist who was selling them in Lourdes,This Artist was Yvel who is now ment to be quite big.

As well as this his works are apparently selling,well quite well in Japan.

Any help would be great lads :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭McCABE1

Hi
    Best thing you could do is bring the work to an art auction house. In Dublin we have Whyte's, James Adams etc. They would take a look at it and value it for you. If you just want info on the artist and are based in Cork, get in touch with the Crawford Gallery for info. They should have a curator there who can help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Apparently it was brought into Crawford but the Curator wasnt there and really nt anyone could help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭McCABE1

Well the best thing to do would be a fine art dealer then or an auction house. If you get to venture to Dublin then the National Gallery of Ireland has a curator of European Art, 1850-1950 and they have a picture clinic one day a month whereby you can bring your piece in and receive some info on it. They do not give monetary valuations though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I googled the artist and these are the details of a dealer who handles his work. It is likely that you would get a better price in France I'd suggest contacting the dealer who could give a valuation and may be interested in taking the work for sale. They are listed on Artfacts.net as a dealer of his work.

Michael Woolworth Publications
    11, impasse du Mont Tonnerre
    Paris
    France

tel +33 (0)1 42 19 92 82
    fax +33 (0)1 42 19 91 43

Advertisement