Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL) 24/11/08

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What an anti-climax.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

It's gonna be a blood bath next week.

I cant wait:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

the lads have been the greatest bunch of wimps i've even come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Makes you wonder what Shane's real reason is?

They are so close to the end now I don't understand why he couldn't have stayed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Wow.. Shane.. you clown.

Deffo would have won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Shane made a tit of himself there. Bill makes the wrong decision again, however, Jackie should have been fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Maybe he's a Trustafarian, and doesn't need the hassle of woorking fer Bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

They are so close to the end now I don't understand why he couldn't have stayed to be honest.

He sees how strong Brenda is so he jumped ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Holsten wrote: »
    Wow.. Shane.. you clown.

Deffo would have won.

He would have had a good chance because Bill has a mancrush on him.

Brenda is better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

No Bill has the mancrush on Stuart (ever since Mark left).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

I thought that myself, I wonder if he knows something they don't show to the public...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

didnt see that happening:eek:

:eek: is probably a bit much, but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Backtothefuture

he should have kept his mouth shut! bill would have totally fired orla! he's only been waiting for the chance! how many lives does that one have!:mad:

what a spanner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The news of the world ruined it for me as they said this would happen yesterday.

The news of the world ruined it for me as they said this would happen yesterday.

well they were wrong cos it happened today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

There's no way Shane mad a complete tit out of himself on national television because he missed his fiancee.

Why did Orla start crying? Shock? Joy?

Wonder if its as juicy as i thinking......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

Orla should have been fired too! Did Nicki do anything worthwhile tonight??

Interviews seem quite harsh next week

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

i think hat's off to shane. They had a good idea, plenty of people would buy that at christmas and they were basically rubbished, so shane told bill to go f**k himself.

Pat on the back for shane.

thinks he was trying to be clever but failed miserably..twat:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Backtothefuture

Does anyone know how many spelling mistakes brenda made on her CV? Haha, she should have used spellchecker :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

i wudnt like to work for that bill cullen twat. he is full of sh*t.
    Howjoe1 wrote: »
    thinks he was trying to be clever but failed miserably..twat:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Honestly If I was Shane I would have done exactly the same thing. There is absolutely no feedback from Bill each week so they cant improve themselves. They keep on losing on stupid semantics such as leaving out an email address?! I would have got completly frustrated and mad at this stage trying to work out what exactly Bill wants. Does he want me to play by the rules or does he want me to break them? Does he want me to fit the brief and produce a gift for customers or does he want just a crappy brouchure with a coupon and no gift?
    Fair play to Orla for saying quite strongly at the beginning of the boardroom that they need feedback beacuse she doesnt understand where there going wrong.

Bill has got his two finalists, the other guy and Brenda it seems quite obvious, so what would be the point of continuing any further. Orla,Niki and Shane know they havent a hope.

Orla to win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

ronan001 wrote: »
    i wudnt like to work for that bill cullen twat. he is full of sh*t.

Thats exactly why Shane left but airhead Bill couldn't read between the lines. There's no way he made a tit of himself, he simply wanted out and was making a polite excuse.

Then that idiot Bill jumps on the situation by proclaiming YOU'RE FIRED SHANE! Reminds me of the girlfriend who breaks up with her boyfriend only to be told: "you can't break up with me, YOUR DUMPED!" Yeah great comeback he's already walked Bill in case you hadn't noticed.....

On a more innovative note the marketing concepts were pure sh1te tonight. My other half suggested that they send out 500 keys, one of which opened up a jewelery box with a diamond in it. That way you'd guarantee the footfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

panda100 wrote: »
    Honestly If I was Shane I would have done exactly the same thing. There is absolutely no feedback from Bill each week so they cant improve themselves. They keep on losing on stupid semantics such as leaving out an email address?! I would have got completly frustrated and mad at this stage trying to work out what exactly Bill wants.
    Stupid semantics? What are you talking about? Appleby people have already seen the silver star/jewelery idea, their budget was rubbish, christmas card wasn't christmas-sy, they didn't work as a team, they lost cause they were crap. Shane knows how crap he was, he thought he was probably going to be fired, pre-empted it with that stupid cop out. He misjudged how bad Orla was and probably only realised they want her gone instead of him too late. He's useless.

the wrong team were declared the winners once again. The brochure idea would have gone straight into my recycling bin. Surely any tear out voucher should have been on page one. Not using the current brand colours and no free gift which was part of the project brief were big failures.

Did Applebys or Bill make the decision? Bill looking more and more like a bull****ter each week. But then he is making more money out of it all so does he care;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

ok surely everyone knows that newbridge silverware do xmas decorations and i think they even do a star
    she is supposed to work in marketing.
    First buy and fly and now this
    all she'd have to do was google xmas decorations jewellery.
    I wonder how many lies will show up from her at the interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Serves you right for reading that rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I have a sneaking feeling that all the hype on the ads this week was just a ploy to get people to watch instead of 24 on Sky....

You were very right. I bought into it and what a bloody rubbish episode.

I've lost interest in this program now, I think they knew that this episode would be crap which is why they made that alluring advert. More rubbish frmo Bill about semantics . Usual hyprocritical nonsense again .

He's gotten enough tv exposure now that he can get himself a cushy job and doesn't have to go through more embarassing hurdles placed by Bill in front of him. Fair play to him, very very smart move. He's the real winner here. He gets to go home, bang his missus and he'll have a nice CV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Didn't one of the other blokes offer to resign near the start of the show? That "twist" really was a complete load of hyped up bollocks, though I thought the task itself was actually OK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement