Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite AEG

Options
  • 01-10-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Hey was wandering what peoples favorite aeg they've owned or have used?
    my favorite has to be a systema m4 with eotech sight and a real m4 handgaurd it belonged to a guy that i think was called boonie on A.S.I
    so whats yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My favourite that I own is the VFC SCAR L but that I think might change when my VFC HK416 gets here next week.

CA AUG A1 is a close second.

Never used anyone elses AEG at this stage though:o.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Hmmm, mine changes quite a lot, but ive a very soft spot for my VFC 416.,

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

CA G36k defiantly for me, ubergewher!! and I do love the CA Steyr AUG A1....
    but if i ever got my hands on a GPMG AEG that would surely be the holy grail of support weapons.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My favourite that I own is CA Aug A1, everything else is below it.

Never used anyone elses AEG at this stage though:o.

Fixed it for ya :p

And duh, CA Aug A1, which is now in Tigerstripe :)

After that, the Sig 550 is nice piece from JG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

VFC SCAR L (I'm gonna buy another in TAN :)) followed by VFC 416.

Both fantastic AEG's and imo nothing compares to them (err except the latest JG416 which is very impressive) but the SCAR is hands down winner against CA and G&G and all clone versions inc dboys, JLS etc... awesome.

:D:DVFC SCAR L FTW:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Mine isnt out yet.

Bastids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

The JG AUG A3. I had a CA SL-8 as my primary but found my JG G36C to be a better all-rounder, light, easy to use, and very, very reliable. My A3 completely pwns both of them - as accurate as the SL-8, but barely bigger than the G36C, and tougher and more relaible than either (so far). I really couldn't ask for more in a rifle design, or indeed an AEG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Real sword type 56-1 due to fantastic externals and performance,switch the hop up bucking and your good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Probably either the 249 or the M4 that keith and richie have frankensteined for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

CA Steyr and my soon to be finished SR-16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

G&P m16a3 with m203.

Finally fixed by the wizard vtec, and I'm positive that its going tobe a great performer from the little use ive had from it. After a while you get used to the wait, the range and accuracy is sublime.And well it looks the ****.

I cant say I dont like any of my AEG's. My JG g36c has been a solid performer, so reliable and now has a g36k rail on it to make it a bit more unique and cooler looking.

My Galaxy mp5k got its first skirmish on sunday ( ive owned it 8 months) and I was so impressed, only running on a 8.4, i put a pdw stock on it and a small stubby silencer and it racked up alot of kills.

I think overall I've bought smart, both financially, performance wise and durability wise ( m16 was having its tampon time so should be fine now)

And obviously I bought stuff I liked the look and feel of.

I must actually put a review of that m16 up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

My Systema PTW. Wont ever buy anything else.
    Not that I'll have to since it's solid as a brick ...... unless I buy another Systema... in which case mine'll go up for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

G&G Ak-47. Do have a spot for any Ak though, for a while there I was using a CYMA AK47s springer more then the G&G :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

My Systema PTW. Wont ever buy anything else.
    Not that I'll have to since it's solid as a brick ...... unless I buy another Systema... in which case mine'll go up for sale.

first in line if that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

"The Anvil"

2687240608_5b1d358767.jpg?v=1216595335

I love everything about it except carrying it :-P

Yeah a '36 with the 'nader is a handful alright. Makes you feel like Arnie lugging one around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

My favorite AEG is anything thats not an M4! (that includes HK416 cos there the same plus SCARs!!)

M4s are a bit like Civics....good and reliable but common as muck and anyone who owns one thinks there the bejaysus and thinks nothing else is as powerfull!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

elsi wrote: »
    My favorite AEG is anything thats not an M4! (that includes HK416 cos there the same)

M4s are a bit like Civics....good and reliable but common as muck and anyone who owns one thinks there the bejaysus and thinks nothing else is as powerfull!

What about a SCAR? :pac:

[next time don't edit someones words like that]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

What about a SCAR? :pac:

haha you promote our future babys hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

amaughan wrote: »
    haha you promote our future babys hahaha

Future? Man I have one! And it's interfering with me completing my M4 or playing with my P90 or getting a mag for my Mk23.... :pac::D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

Future? Man I have one! And it's interfering with me completing my M4 or playing with my P90 or getting a mag for my Mk23.... :pac::D:(

haha dude you a ****er but i just got my para and aps2 with a deadly high profile scope from tony and g23 i cant aford one of thos now hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

My CA MP5 SD6. I just love it. Not the best by a long shot but its the MP5 I always wanted since I saw my first one. I just have to zero it.

My AGM M14 Socom is also quite nice and hopefully will be even nicer when it gets optics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

you really need to zero it tommy i was shocked you missed me last night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Well the sight battery was low and the moon was in the wrong phase etc, etc, etc,.:P

elsi wrote: »

Ive a civic, and i betcha its faster than your car!

:p

vtec wrote: »
    Ive a civic, and i betcha its faster than your car!

Iva GSR lancer on .85 bar boost and I bet it has more torque than your civic!

Only strimmers rev beyond 7.5k rpm!

What engine is it?

depends on which your talking about, ive a K20 and 2 B16's.,

I was never a mitsi fan really, they dont age all that well., what good is torque without reliability., :p

A K20 is respectble.......so long as somebody dosent waste their time puttin it in a civic!
    B16 ha a CM5A pisses all over them!

Torque is good for power AWD and rings not shopping trollies!! :p

Whats there not to age well?

• Advertisement

Reliability, i was a mechanic before me current job., mitsi engines in general dont hold out all that good after about 10 years use on them.,

Why would a K20 be bad in a civic? its lighter than an integra?

EDIT:
    actually, this is wayyy offtopic.,lol

Advertisement