Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collating complaints against IBB.

Options
  • 29-07-2005 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3116560#post3116560
    damien.m wrote:
    But, just in case IBB does tell us to go take a running jump, which I'm sure they won't, how about people gather all these complaints together? So which one of you guys will collate all the complaints?

What you need to do is get the names, addresses and contact details of those who have made the complaints(pm them for details), get their IBB account numbers, have them document when their issues started, when they made the complaint to IBB, what IBB said back to them and what they did to fix the issue and whether the customer was happy with this.

Put them all into a document (excel sheet may be the best idea) and pass them on to us. Also let those that are making the complaint know that their details and complaints will be passed on to ComReg and IBB and that IrelandOffline will not pass their contact details on to anyone else.

I am willing to do this.
    Please include an active email address,
    and but [IBB] in the subject of the post to me at
    All information will be kept private and once this is over and done with
    scrubbed from my hard drive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Well done for taking charge of this, I've sent you a mail.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

yeah, good on yeah Thaed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Good Idea they no me by now anyway but i just sent ya a email.

Cheers.

I have sent you an email there thead Let me know what you think, I wouldnt go posting up your email addess SPAM SPAM....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I'll be sending mine to you as soon sa I get home. Good on ya for volunteering for the job..

• Advertisement

I have Just Recieved Legal Advice from a friend, he is now reviewing the terms and conditions to see where we stand, he reckons we have a good case and that Comreg Should take legal action after what IBB sent me in reply in my response because they are lying..... I will Keep ye updated..

Right here is the craic so far, Reading the Terms and Conditions he said there is a Transaction Schedule.
    The Transaction Schedule is the one that sets out the Service which you are
    to be provided with. I rang IBB asking for this and they were like em whats that, they have to view the terms and conditions to see for themself, its 1.1 in the terms and conditions we signed. So its up to that to see where we stand. I am awaiting a phone call back to recieve it...

Response from Comreg Which i Forwarded the Email i recieved from IBB:

Hi Dan,

At the retail end, we can act as mediator only, to ensure an Operator
    provides a customer with a response. Irish Broadband has provided you
    with a response, and even if you are unhappy with that, it is a
    contractual matter and we have no remit over contractual matters. If
    you signed up for a service, and claim you are not getting that service
    as per the terms of the contract, we are unable to direct Irish
    Broadband in any way. We are not in a position to take this matter any
    further so if you wish to pursue this, you may wish to seek legal
    advice.

Best Regards,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Response from Comreg Which i Forwarded the Email i recieved from IBB:

Hi Dan,

At the retail end, we can act as mediator only, to ensure an Operator
    provides a customer with a response. Irish Broadband has provided you
    with a response, and even if you are unhappy with that, it is a
    contractual matter and we have no remit over contractual matters. If
    you signed up for a service, and claim you are not getting that service
    as per the terms of the contract, we are unable to direct Irish
    Broadband in any way. We are not in a position to take this matter any
    further so if you wish to pursue this, you may wish to seek legal
    advice.,

Usual waffle from that shower hoping you go away in case they have to do something.

I told you to keep at them , see this procedure that Comreg THEMSELVES have, you mail them twice a day every day until they follow it themselves.

http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/cg06.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Send Thaed a copy of that mail too Dan with all the persons details in it and date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Will do once the rest of them send me on thier details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭EvilDoctorK

Hi Thaed,

Done - service was so brutal yesterday (30% packet loss sustained all day) I couldn't send a simple gmail ... packet loss is "only" - 5-10% this morning so managed to send the email ... how bad is that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

my details have been sent on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

stickifying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Moriarty wrote:
    stickifying this.

Fair play Moriarty. Brilliant move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Just sent on my info / complaint mail.

Hopefully all the unhappy people will see action taken and their service levels improving to the point of what their paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Comreg have a leaflet saying how they help deal with complaints:
    http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/cg06.pdf
    may be you should quote it back to them..........

In your post above they said that they can only mediate........... so ask them to mediate...........

Another possible tactic (which may be difficult) is if you are paying by credit card, is to ask them for your money back as the merchant failed to provide the service you paid for, which makes them jointly liable. But if the CC company got enough complaints, they may consider with drawing CC facilites from them.

You could also complain to the EU regulator. When I complained about local number portablity in relation to local loop unbundling (ie moving to Smart telecom). I got an intresting reply, which can be summed up (in more polite terms of course) that they are getting very pissed off with the number of complaints coming from Ireland and are looking into what legal action they can take............

The person who replied was:
    Melanie Pröpper
    Secretary to Mr Miguel França
    Member of Cabinet REDING
    phone: +32/2/296.43.40
    fax: +32/2/296.07.46
    e-mail: Melanie.Propper@cec.eu.int

she also said that for the LLU issue, the best contact person was:
    Mr George Papapavlou
    Head of Unit B/3
    DG INFSO
    e-mail: george.papavlou.cec.eu.int

(BTW they may take a while to reply)

I know some one else who was having a long drawn out problem with Eircom. So he rang the EU commision section which regulates telecoms; who then did a conferance call to Eircom customer support......... the Eircom custormer rep, first reaction was you jokeing, tell me who you really are.... but after awhile and looking at the caller ID ..... was more along the lines of Oh ****!.......

Willie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

George happened to be over in Ireland recently. IrelandOffline met him and told him the state of play in this wonderful land. He took LOTS of notes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I was just wondering how Thaed was getting on with his list of complaints. It's all gone quiet in the forums, but I think it's just people have given up complaining in there. I know I have (even though it's worse than ever) as it was starting to cause a lot of complaints from others who have decent connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

so far I have had 9 people bother to send me on the information needed.

very disapointing

• Advertisement

well i got a responce form the head of the company & head of the customer service that they are gona come out on monday to rip out all my equipment and install new stuff to see if it makes it any better, if not im just stopping my dd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Thead,

I emailed you my details. In or around that time, I also sent in a formal letter of complaint. They just ignored it. Comreg are now mediating but they didn't sound too hopeful. In about 8 business days I will probably be getting my soliciter involved.

well the ibb guys are currently running about an hour late at the moment, thats nice of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thaed wrote:
    so far I have had 9 people bother to send me on the information needed.

very disappointing
    Disappointing indeed, there's been hundreds of posts by unhappy IBB customers here. Perhaps people don't see the sticky? I know I'm guilty of not looking at the stickies all that often.

Can't send you anything myself as I'm not an IBB customer. I have to be content with my current strife with BT. But at least the broadband works, it's just their whole accounts dept that need shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

I sent you an email, I also cancelled my service with IBB since they completely ignored all of my complaints.

Luckily NTL installed a 3 meg connection within a few days, everyone get off IBB asap

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

i was also on IBB and when i moved house they said it was €150 and 3 weeks to move the connection. Cancelled account and went with eircom BB. they might be evil but at least there stable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

i was also on IBB and when i moved house they said it was €150 and 3 weeks to move the connection. Cancelled account and went with eircom BB. they might be evil but at least there stable.
    So, did you pay the €150 de-installation fee? Apparently, you're tied to a 12 month contract when you sign up for Breeze. Either you pay the remainder of the contract if you cancel before its completion, or you pay the €150 de-installation fee.

On a side note, I would like to say one or two things about IBB. They may have plenty of teething problems and aren't the most efficient of companies by any means, but they do have some pretty impressive initiatives. They were one of the first in this monopolized country to compete with Eircom/Telecom Eireann using an alternative media form for internet access, and are still growing and upgrading their netowrk. They moved from BA II 512kbps radios to VL 5.4 (Up to 4 Mbps) radios in the last year or so and are still moving forward. The next big step seems to be a move over to WiMax technologies (Potentially up to 74 Mbps, with a 31 mile coverage area), which will give a major boost in performance and reliability.
    Fair enough, they have their flaws, but what other companies out there are offering affordable services (With the possible exception of Magnet networks, but even with these, good luck to you actually getting a connection!) to the general public, and equally, what other companies out there actually have the balls and funding to adapt new and cutting-edge technologies such as WIMax, or VL 10.5 wireless to target a public ruled by the semi-state Eircom conglomerate?
    We can all piss and moan (To quote Dwight Hansen.....! Guess to reference!) to our hearts content, but this Inet user for one says hats off to IBB! Without them and other like-minded companies and innovators, we'd still be dialing up on our 56k modems and suckling to our hearts content on the Eircom teet!

.......... An (exceptional IBB user!).........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

sisyphus wrote:
    So, did you pay the €150 de-installation fee? Apparently, you're tied to a 12 month contract when you sign up for Breeze. Either you pay the remainder of the contract if you cancel before its completion, or you pay the €150 de-installation fee.

I useta share a house with Lazygit (well named too, he is), the IBB was installed just about a year ago, so 12months contract would been expired, or close enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

Ah right, well, if you're outside contract then as far as I know you wouldn't be tied to any charges. The equipment on the roof belongs to IBB, so as such, it's in their interest to take it away if they wish to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

bodger is almost right... there was 15 days left on my 1 year contract, i could get it disconnected for free as i had allready paid the last months line rental.. but i wanted to keep there service in my new place.. and they wanted to charge me €150 euros for moving it.. and then €40 a month after that for another year..

i just thought that after been a customer for a year, and wanting to continue using there service they would be quite happy to accomodate a move for no charge. it was only a couple of miles down the road...

anyway i went with eircom.. €75 install for 2mb line and a free wireless modem and accesspoint. it took 3 days to get the eircom installed and IBB were quoting at least 3 weeks for the move of there connection.

Advertisement