Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post your tone

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Sounds nice. Personally, I'd like a bit more gain. Give it some more edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Yeah my feelings exactly. Its more noticable around the solo bits. Thing is I have to whack the amp up too loud to get it. There's a lot more through my MT2 but it sounds too metal for the classic rock sound I want. I'm gonna look at another pedal or two once I pay off what I owe for the amp

Aye, something to push the front end a bit more. TS-808 ;)

Yup thats what I was thinking. Well I was thinking the TS9 but I think the TS808 will give that extra bit of warmth

Perhaps something from Robert Keeley?

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Man, that sounds good GStrormcrow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It sounds like he has too much gain, not much mind. But that's kinda how the metal zone sounds anyway.

Cool clip.

He's not using the Metal Zone in that clip afaik.

feylya wrote:
    He's not using the Metal Zone in that clip afaik.

Oh, hahha! woops. Reminded me a lot of the type of tone a metal zone produces

Thanks Karl and Master. No metal zone in that MasterOfSolos. Feylya was spot on. There is not enough gain in that. When I play the higher frets with single strings the sound becomes cleaner. Doesnt distort as much. I think I may have boosted some frequencies with pro tools 4 band equaliser but I dont think I increased the gain

It sounds really nice in person (classic rock sound) but its hard for me to capture the exact sound as I am new to the whole recording process. I might keep an eye out for a second hand ts808. I'm still overwhelmed by the difference in my last solid state amp and this tube amp (my first). Really is an awesome tone and the guitar just sings. Highly recommend those looking for a LP to consider a Tokai

I have never gotten that kind of sound out of my metal zone. Perhaps you would like to share the settings which gives you that sound so I can try it out myself

• Advertisement

Probably just the recording then. It sounds a bit harsh, like pedal distortion or solid state distortion.

Trust me it sounds nothing like solid state in person. Dont think I'll ever go back to a solid state amp after hearing the tube. The recording is a bit crap at the second kind of solo nearer the end. I tried mixing 2 recordings of the solo at different pitches to do that classic Lizzy double solo thing. I can play both parts but its hard to line them up. I might have another go at recording it tomorrow. I cant put the guitar down now. Finally I am getting a nice Lizzy sound I have so long been looking for. Jailbreak sounds cool. Might throw that up tomorrow as well if I have time

Jailbreak would be cool to hear :)

I want to get hold of a harmoniser pedal, much easier to do those thin lizzy dual leads then!

Harmoniser pedal is just cheating though :p

I tried the built in harmoniser on pro tools and just couldnt get it to replicate the second solo I was looking for. It also speeded the solo up which was useless. I guess with a pedal you wouldnt get that but I still like to play both solos as per the cd and then mix them into a single track. Obviously still some work to do on the mixing but I'll keep trying until I'm happy with it.

There is a keeley ts808 on ebay. If only I had the money :(

I'm happy enough with what I'm getting at the moment anyway. Maybe after christmas I'll get a few effects. Main thing is a keeley modded vox v847 though. Need a good wah. Then maybe ts808 and a delay pedal. Reverb on the amp is good enough to do me

feylya wrote:
    Harmoniser pedal is just cheating though :p

Yeah, he should do it the proper way and grow four arms ;)

Pfft, don't be stupid. He should get a double neck guitar and tap the solos out :p

feylya wrote:
    Pfft, don't be stupid. He should get a double neck guitar and tap the solos out :p

With my toungue :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Everyone so far seems to be into there heavy distortion and soloing. No-one got any decent blues tones or sweet wah or anything? No?

That whole LundiMardi Rozie thing was hilarious. Although I also stopped reading after a while. I love it when people arent musical and try to redefine what music is in a vain attempt to make themselves so. I know so many like that.

I think there are just more metal, rock, classic rock fans out there than blues fans. I appreciate some good blues though and am learning a few licks here and there. The blues licks and scales pop up in a lot of modern metal songs

• Advertisement

True. Its a shame though.
    Me and metal never clicked. Good old rock is grand, I'm a big zeppelin fan. But once you get into all that double kick pedal and snare, two metal-zoned guitars and vocal that cant really be described as vocals - then I start to lose interest fast.

Sure I'm a classic rock fan myself but I do like some heavier stuff. Friend gave me a few cds which I liked. Arch enemy was the biggest surprise. The guitarists have some serious talent. You just have to listen to Ravenous and Enemy Within to know it. Also I got some Gorguts, Death and Opeth. I liked some of it. You just have to be open minded when listening to bands outside the genre you like most

It's not an open minded thing. I consider myself to have a very open mind when it comes to music. There's some genre's that just dont appeal to me. Namely metal, hardcore dance-ish stuff, a lot of trad. I'm generalising here too, there are plenty of metal songs which are cool. Just most arent.

I think a lot of people, usually musicians themselves, listen to music to be impressed by the talent of the musicians, as opposed to just listening to the song. I try to give everything a chance, always listen to a song before I judge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Meh, sounds too distorted when recording through this crappy pc, it's pretty clean usually.

http://members.boards.ie/giblet/runlikehell-01.zip

Sounds really nice. Is that just the amp or are there any effects even onboard effects?

Sounds really 70's / 80's pop rock. Maybe Mike and Mechanics or something. Cant quite put my finger on it but I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's a Pink Floyd song. I'm using the Delay, Phaser and Reverb on the Boss GT-8. It's only one track, no overdubs. And I just listened to it again, jesus it sounds horrible. To trebley and stuff. It sound smooth through an amp.

AHH floyd. Of course. Knew I recognised it :rolleyes:

Advertisement