Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options
  • 05-05-2005 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

(from post 4384)

SigPo and fans, thank you for your valued, dedicated, and diligent help in promoting signature awareness throughout all these fantastic years we have been together. I must now close this long held tradition in favour of a sleeker, quieter, and dirty laundryless SigPo 2.0. This M3GA-Thread has now been sacrificially slaughtered to the gods of the mighty FeedForward forum and I bow down to the greatness of the public will. /shakes fist at public will

So yeah, we're closing this thread in favour of the new Signatures forum, under Sys. It's a private forum where you can only see the notice showing the sigrules and the thread that you create. And the only people seeing that is You, the Admins and the Employees. Feel free to pop around if you need to report a signature.

I will now endeavour to copypaste your snipped signature into the reported sig thread that the reporter creates which saves Admins having to keep localised copies of sigs and we can give you your old signature we snipped. We're also trying to get dev time so that a report sig option could be whipped up swiftly by Conross, I'm personally hoping for a similar system to the automated message you get when a mod infracts a user, but that's for paid people to sweat about!

I'll unsticky this and close it soon, adding to the top of the OP on this thread - this post.

Thanks again for the help, everyone. :)

_____________________previous OP begin below_____________________

Please note that THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD, this thread is for reporting signatures. If you wish to complain about your signature being snipped please go to the Helpdesk.

These signature rules have come about due to excessively large/animated/offensive signatures that some people are wont to include in their posting repartee. Administrators are currently the only usergroup with the ability to edit signatures and cannot police all signature content due to scale; this is where you come in. If you see a user whose sig is in breach of the aforementioned rules, then post a link to their profile here and an Admin will will snip the sig when they get to it*. If, however, you feel that you can't publicly report someones signature feel free to PM an Admin (Gordon is currently responsible for signatures).

Remember though, boards is a community, why not politely PM the user and give them a chance to adjust their sig themselves? You don't have to, but the Admins don't have time either. Some users would appreciate the chance to keep their sigs within the rules if they knew they were breaking them.

Gordon

* It is up to the individual user to keep backups of their signature, we do not provide a copy of signatures. If your signature gets removed, we will not replace it with a backup, so please backup your signatures if they are important to you. One handy hint is to use google cache to retrieve your old post/sig content.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement