Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball Stories

Options
  • 07-04-2005 8:00pm

Was thinking about starting a new thread instead of the other one being spammed with tales about such and such.

Anyone have any interesting T-Ball stories from years gone by?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I don't think i said this already but last year, a friend of mine, had a big packet of coke and was in the portaloo dividing it up or taking something and some how managed to drop it down the toilet hole. a happy camper he was not. i found it funny cos drugs are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

There was a girl in a portaloo a couple years back on the end row and a bunch of lads jumped up and started rocking it from side to side until it toppled over on its side. The girl inside was naturally not happy as she had all the evenings ****, piss and blue sterilising agent all over herself. :eek: :eek:

True story.........

I have also since discovered independently who the girl was and who the lads were - but have told neither of each other.......

There are regular escapades where 20 people hide in someone loft all day and then when the ball starts, they rush through the front door of the house they were hiding in. the security guard is initially so surprised and the crowd that appeared out of nowhere then he tries to get them, but there's too many and they disappear into the crowd.

I know someone who successfully climbed over the railings of TCD to get into the ball but was subsequently caught. He shall remain anonymous...... ;)

Jackets were nicked from security guards as well.....

Then there's the hilarious stories of last year - you know who you all are! You're secrets are safe with me...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

my sister woke up the morning with her ball ticket fully intact, blood on it, and a cut on her finger. cant remember how she got in :P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i woke up last year in some room in the front square at around 2pm, with vomit all over em and my tux jacket ripped...

good night tho

its best to remain semi sober. no point in spending so much money on a tux, ticket and drink if you remember nothing.

You may as well sit at home with a bottle of whiskey - same effect on the brain cells and much cheaper. :eek:

• Advertisement

DrIndy wrote:
    its best to remain semi sober. no point in spending so much money on a tux, ticket and drink if you remember nothing.

You may as well sit at home with a bottle of whiskey - same effect on the brain cells and much cheaper. :eek:

I got wasted last year, but got a free ticket. Ended up going crazy and punching my mate in the stomach plenty of times while jumping up and down screaming "ok!". Then I ran away and tried to find people I knew.

I was polluted before I entered Trinity. When I got in, I didn't have anything else to drink (bar lots and lots of water), but I ate so much (a hot-dog, a sandwich from House 6, a quarter pounder...).

All in all the night cost me about 30-40 euro I think, and most of that was on food.

Myth wrote:
    I got wasted last year, but got a free ticket. Ended up going crazy and punching my mate in the stomach plenty of times while jumping up and down screaming "ok!". Then I ran away and tried to find people I knew.

I was polluted before I entered Trinity. When I got in, I didn't have anything else to drink (bar lots and lots of water), but I ate so much (a hot-dog, a sandwich from House 6, a quarter pounder...).

All in all the night cost me about 30-40 euro I think, and most of that was on food.

Heh!

I remember! :D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

DrIndy wrote:
    There was a girl in a portaloo a couple years back on the end row and a bunch of lads jumped up and started rocking it from side to side until it toppled over on its side. The girl inside was naturally not happy as she had all the evenings ****, piss and blue sterilising agent all over herself. :eek: :eek:

True story.........

:eek: :confused: God! How horrible is that?!?!

If ever there was a reason to actually kill a group of people, there it is right there!!

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    :eek: :confused: God! How horrible is that?!?!

If ever there was a reason to actually kill a group of people, there it is right there!!

B.

Hence, I have informed neither party concerned that I know both of them! There would be war..... :p

Moral of the story is, never, *never*, *NEVER* use the portaloos at the end of the rows...... :D

Graphical interpretation, but with more blue disinfectant:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=portapotty.wmv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Myth wrote:

that was very funny to hear about the next day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Went two years ago, had a great night and got the locktest I've ever been. Damien Dempsey was great! Will go this year for another good one hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

DrIndy wrote:

I broke a guys nose last year for trying to do that to my girlfriend. He managed to rock it twice before he was lying on the ground.

S.

I broke a guys nose last year for trying to do that to my girlfriend.

good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I broke a guys nose last year for trying to do that to my girlfriend. He managed to rock it twice before he was lying on the ground.

good man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I once kicked a man to death for looking at me the wrong way... where my praise?

ye get praise if that guy was..... lets see......a bess student :p

Your story doesn't have the same damsel in distress and knight in shining armour appeal Rabbit's does. If you said he looked my girlfriend the wrong way...then ...maybe.

or if he couldn't list off Pi to 12 decimal places.............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

It would have been a lot worse for him if she had got hold of him, a steward seen me do it and kinda smiled and nodded at me to walk away. Im not saying it was the right thing to do, but I would have prefered to be kicked out for it than having to deal with my girlfriend covered in ****.

S.

I would have prefered to be kicked out for it than having to deal with my girlfriend covered in ****.

I agree.

It actually would be really weird to get in a fight with someone at the Trinity Ball, because unless they weren't a student or they were a final yearer, you'd be bound to see them around the campus after. You'd have to suffer that awkward "I've punched you in the head before haven't I" silence.

This every happened to anyone?

Would it be worse to bump into some member of the opposite sex (or same sex in some cases) and have the "we did things to each other very drunkenly" awkward silence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

You make a fight sound like the most unnatural thing that could happen. Where you never in a fight in school? If not you must certianly know someone who was. And what did they do? The school environment is a lot more intense.

I imagine it would only ever be awkward with a friend or friends of friends and even then when theres drink involved, its very easy to make up.

If it was the Trinity Ball, more than likely you would forget what they looked like, what with all the drink and the 4 months over the summer.

yeah but in school u already know the person.

oh and secondly, ppl aren't generally in the habit of getting in fights in college. are they? i saw some guys kicking each other in the buttery b4, but that was kinda funny.

But when they do, I assume they would be mature enough to deal with the effects. They would be more likely to apologise if they were in the wrong. I just cant imagine it being that awkward. Havent seen a fight in college though, so maybe Im just being naive. Come to think of it, I cant recall seeing a proper fight in town either, since I started

i'm not sure what your problem is? me saying it would be awkward meeting someone you' had a fist fight with in the trinity ball soberly in college? are you saying you'd just walk up and apoligse if you were in the wrong? (how could you be in the wrong? are you in the habit of hitting someone for no reason?)

so just say you're a normal person and you'd only hit someone under exceptional circumstances like the dude with the gf in the rocking portaloo, you'd still be fairly angry with the recepiant of the punch you threw. however, not being drunk, and the fact you've already hit them, you've really no motivation to hit him/her again. therefore, i still feel it would be awkward. regardless of your maturity....did you forget we're talking about having a fight with some and meeting them later?

I just cant see why youd feel uncomfortable about it after, if you hit them. If you were the guy who got the punch in the head, then yeah. If It was me who was in rabbitinlights situation and I saw the guy afterwards I wouldnt feel awkward at all Id sneer at him.

What I was thinking of first was a fight that starts from a misunderstanding and ends up in a brawl. The type that both parties usually regret the following morning. Which is usually between people who are familiar with on another.

btw Im rarely in a fight and if I am its in self defence.

if i see u at the trinity ball i'll hit u and see if i feel awkward about it the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Get Some !!!

If I had an flippant and impetuous attitude like that, then there probably would be some awkwardness after. But thats the least of what Id deserve.

i'm almost certain someone else called someone else "flippant and impetuous" on this board before. can't find it thou. mysterious deja vu maybe.

• Advertisement

I wasnt calling you "flippant and impetuous." I said that if you just walked up to me and gave me a dig for no reason, it would mean that you would have a flippant and impetuous attitude.

If thats something that youd do then...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement